Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 22,401 to 22,420 of 22,584

Yosheel

I bought a little box of peanut m&ms.

It had been a while since I had m&ms this good. I guess they must be from a recent batch.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.
Eh! My gameplay videos.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

I like candies in a little box (like the theatre, but affordable) more than the typical bag.

HobbitGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | 3DS Friend Code: 3153-9954-8197 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Yosheel

It's pretty American, putting candy in cardboard boxes.

We have a dollar store-style shop here that gets these boxed candies. I quite like it.

They got M&Ms now, which is nice because their chocolate is usually sub-par.

Maybe one day they'll get Cracker Jack boxes, I love those.

Edited on by Yosheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.
Eh! My gameplay videos.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DannyBoi

Has anyone here changed their mind on the online service? I am not getting a subscription. I get the feeling that it is going tobe half baked, plus I think it is bad that there are only going tobe nes games avaliable and no snes gamecube or gameboy games. This talk about chocolate though:)...

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
We haven't know much about Paid Online Service.
I believe Nintendo will bring more than NES games.
Better wait and see.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Kimyonaakuma

I'll pay for it anyway because I really like to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2 online (there are others but I don't enjoy them as much), anything else will be a bonus for me. I don't really care for NES games so hopefully we get SNES or GBA games in the future.

...Gamecube games would be worth more than the price of online to me, but it seems unlikely

Kimyonaakuma

HobbitGamer

Mmmm Cracker Jacks. I’ll be getting a sub, because I’ll be getting SSBU. And I don’t mind the price.

HobbitGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | 3DS Friend Code: 3153-9954-8197 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SheldonRandoms

@HobbitGamer @Tyranexx You have to go to the "beyond" section at bed bath and beyond, but now thinking about it, I think all copies of Let's GO Pikachu & Eevee are being recalled to be reworked into Let's GO Lucario versions.

Also yesterday at said event, managed to capture 11 shiny eevees! The eevee forces thought they could hide, however, when ya got dat aura Pokemon on your side, it's quite easy to fish them out. Thankfully, said event continues later today, will capture MOAR shiny eevees to use as a way to make Chun-Li a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultima-I mean, uhhhh, will just turn all eevees into candy.

Also, will probably get the switch online service to play Ice Climber co-op online!

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

http://eshopgurus.webs.com/

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Ristar the Shooting Star!

Sheldon & Mr. Randoms

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Yosheel

Welp. So I decided it was a good idea to open up my 2DS to clean the screen (it's full of tiny dust specs that basically make it impossible to play under any sort of external light).

I wasn't able to remove all the screws on the motherboard, the last one decided it wasn't having any of it. But as I was putting it back together I noticed I had somehow ripped the camera ribbon cable. Not completely, but the damage was severe enough.

Now the camera doesn't work. And anything that tries to use it crashes.

The good thing is I bought a Link edition 2DS last year that has been sleeping in it's box since then. So I can transfer to that.

The bad news is this is a transparent blue 2DS and I love it. I'll definitely have to get it fixed some day but... For now... It will be in cryogenic stasis. Inside the Link 2DS box.

Edited on by Yosheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.
Eh! My gameplay videos.

DannyBoi

Anyone know the capacity of the Nintendo Switch battery? I mean the battery life, not mah.

Kimyonaakuma

@DannyBoi Battery life can vary a lot depending on the game. A Warriors game might only last a couple of hours for me but Sonic Mania lasts ages...

Kimyonaakuma

DannyBoi

@Kimyonaakuma Yeah, likeLego City Undercover lasts about 4hr26minutes, yet games that are not demanding last 2hrs30minutes. I can't understand the big difference in battery life.

Vinny

@Yosheel
Something bad happened to one of my systems as well today. My Vita stopped charging. I think it's the cable, but it could be the propriety cable socket. That would be really bad as I don't know where I could repair it where I live.

Sigh... I've been really invested in it recently.
Gotta play my 3DS or my Wii instead now.

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

Yosheel wrote:

Welp. So I decided it was a good idea to open up my 2DS to clean the screen (it's full of tiny dust specs that basically make it impossible to play under any sort of external light).

I wasn't able to remove all the screws on the motherboard, the last one decided it wasn't having any of it. But as I was putting it back together I noticed I had somehow ripped the camera ribbon cable. Not completely, but the damage was severe enough.

Now the camera doesn't work. And anything that tries to use it crashes.

The good thing is I bought a Link edition 2DS last year that has been sleeping in it's box since then. So I can transfer to that.

The bad news is this is a transparent blue 2DS and I love it. I'll definitely have to get it fixed some day but... For now... It will be in cryogenic stasis. Inside the Link 2DS box.

Props to you for even trying. I hate having to open up working electronics since I'm paranoid that I'll inevitably screw something up. I was walking on tacks just replacing the battery in my old 3DS last year (I was mostly afraid of striping, which wasn't severe thankfully).

The Switch online subscription currently wouldn't do me any favors since I don't own one yet. Even so, I'm unsure if it would offer enough (at least at launch) for me to jump on board. I rarely play games online these days, and as a whole I have most of the NES games that I would be interested in on the VC.

Video Corner: If Mario Had a Battle Royale Mode
Currently playing: Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS), WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgames! (Wii U VC)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Kimyonaakuma

@DannyBoi I think it's just because some games use more resources than others. A online 3D game would need a lot more power than a 2D platformer for example.

Personally I think it's mostly to do with the GPU, they're well known for needing lots of power and games which take full advantage of it drain much faster. I guess that's the problem with console-level graphics on a portable system

Kimyonaakuma

ReaderRagfish

@Anti-Matter Poor old uncle Tad, he just wants to be your friend, and you shun him.

@DannyBoi I don't think it was ever stated that the online service would only ever include NES games, I'm sure it'll expand to more systems. Reggie did that whole "I'm literally not allowed to tell you anything, but we know you like our old games"

Days left until Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate: 16

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Yosheel

@Tyranexx I may buy a replacement piece and try to fix it myself. It's the first time I actually break anything while thinkering with a console...

It shouldn't be too hard... If I don't break it again...

Edit: bought the piece off eBay. Should be here soon enough. In three months or so....

Edited on by Yosheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.
Eh! My gameplay videos.

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
Actually, i got Tad Amiibo card from ACNL Welcome Amiibo as my 3rd copies of ACNL. I used Tad Amiibo card to get rid Rod (Purple Rat) from my 1st town. The reason i get rid him because i want the last villager is Rooney (Boxer Blue Kangaroo). But Rod never want to leave considered he was the 10th villager, so i use Tad Amiibo card to replace Rod & i use my 3rd copy as my 3rd town to accept Rod as a new villager on my 3rd town.

But, same as Rod, Tad never want to leave unless if someone else move out first or if i buy Rooney Amiibo card, i can summon him by force to get rid Tad.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Enigminator

Yosheel wrote:

My 3DS that I've had for years is currently on life-support. In order to keep it running, I have to keep it plugged in to a charger; otherwise it will immediately turn off, no matter how long it's been charged. Thankfully, I was able to transfer all of my data to my New3DS.

Enigminator

Tyranexx

I've been thinking about picking up a New 3DS XL in about a year or so (provided newly minted systems aren't full 2D by then). Nothing is currently wrong with my OG 3DS, but I'd like some added assurance that my 3DS library will be accessible for years to come. I feel like 6+ years is starting to push it.

I almost caved for the SNES XL that's been making the rounds recently, but I'm getting slammed with home improvement and "Your car needs a new registration sticker" bills right now.

Video Corner: If Mario Had a Battle Royale Mode
Currently playing: Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS), WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgames! (Wii U VC)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic