Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 21,741 to 21,760 of 96,481

Anti-Matter

I was intrigued by 3DS Model.
For next purchase, i want to buy Japanese 3DS machine to play Japanese Exclusive 3DS games. But the problem is..... 3DS has so many models with their merit.

So, i have 3 Options for Japanese 3DS machine:
1. Older 3DS LL, want Pure White 3DS LL.
2. New 3DS LL, want Pearl White New 3DS LL.
3. New 2DS LL. I like Animal Crossing New Leaf theme (White & Green), White & Lavender, and Hylian Shield (Indigo & Silver + Black upper frame).

If i choose based on model, i think Older 3DS LL is more convenient in term of cartridge entry position (On the top like NDS). But the Contra, the sound volume was very Low, CPU Processor was not as fast as Newer model, some Older 3DS LL models were sold with expensive prices due to rarity.

If i choose New 3DS LL, it will be Copy Paste as my USA version of New 3DS XL. Perfect color, Louder sounds, but not really Perfect in term of Wireless / Online option, Cartridge entry position, ON / OFF Button position, 3D effect on Newer models. Some models are still sold expensive depend on bundles.

If i choose New 2DS LL, the color looked so Nice, the machine design looked slick and elegant, like 2 smartphone was being Sandwiched. Still has Same monitor sise as New 3DS LL Model, same specs as New 3DS LL models, cheaper price. But the Contra are No 3D Slider, Cartridge position & Micro SD Card are at the bottom covered by body case (Quite uncovenient to swap the cartridges), still No Single color bundles (White / Blue / Red / Yellow / Green / Black / Silver only ), Speaker position on the bottom (I still doubt the Sound volume quality, will it as louder as New 3DS XL models ?).

Which should i choose ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

SuperLuigi111

I had the new 3DS XL, and hated how cheap it felt. I had tried the original model at Gamestop once, so I knew the difference. And yeah, I hated the cartridge position and how the SD was micro and hidden under the bottom plate. Immediately sold it and bought the old version.

I would either recommend the original 3DS XL or the new 2DS XL. The 2DS XL I haven't tried, but I watched a review and it looks pretty sweet. I never use the 3D anyways and the screen looks like a higher quality if I'm not mistaken.

SuperLuigi111

HobbitGamer

Ragfish, I tried the MHGU demo last night, and have no clue what I'm doing. I don't like that I can't jump, and I wound up flinging poo at everything. I'll try again this weekend on the big screen probably.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

Ugh, I came to my favorite place for lunch. It’s a little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant I use to get away from the office. But I forgot the university term started this week, so there’s an influx of college kids. Two girls in the booth ahead of me keep saying the word “like” every four or five words. Like some terrible turrette.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Whew....
I had played Animal Crossing New Leaf for 10 hours by total in one day.
I was temptated to get rid Tad with 1001 tricks, but still No Avail, even i had sacrificed my Hamlet to Move out & invite Rooney from another town to Move In.
If Amiibo card villager was Almost Never want to Move Out, well.... i think i SHOULD Summon Another Amiibo card to get Dreamy villager.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Wait, Tad is still there?! Welp...murder is the only option left. Bury his body like a sack of bells.

#MudStrongs

Anti-Matter

@HobbitGamer
10 hours playing Almost Nonstop & still No Avail.
Well.... i need my Ultimate Weapons.....
Amiibo Cards !!
I must buy from Ebay for Specific Welcome Amiibo Cards.

Anti-Matter

Eel

I have an album full of animal crossing amiibo cards. Wish they still sold all the series, all I can ever find on Amazon are series 1 and 2.

I've bought two from eBay, Curlos and Gabi. It's a nice way to find specific cards.

Talking about animal crossing, with my recent replugging of the WiiU I decided to download a new game for it. And well, Wild World being pretty much my favorite game and all, I got that one.

So yay, I have three copies of Wild World now.

It's pretty much all I play on the WiiU.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SheldonRandoms

I might've gotten world not tooooo long ago, so will probably be sticking to dat instead of Generations Ultimate for now.

Also, it was Tad who poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses!

Also x2 My Wii U is still plugged in since my cousin usually wants to play AVGN Adventures, it's how I got him into AVGN, he.....he EVEN said that AVGN is his favorite Youtube channel now!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SuperLuigi111

Just discovered you can have the menu music in Smash Bros. Wii U be Melee's menu music. Neat.

SuperLuigi111

Vinny

Vinny wrote:

Ahh, friday night. Perfect time to enjoy my Vita and watch some animu.

Ahh, back to the nostalgic times of... last week, when my Vita was still charging normally.
At least my tablet is still working well, my animu is left unharmed.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

Vinny, you figure anything out about your Vita?

I’m washing laundry and playing Metroid Prime, of course. Just got the spider ball, now climbing a tower to see what toy I get next!

#MudStrongs

Eel

I dread the thought that my oled vita could die at any moment. I don’t think I would be able to replace it (or the battery), considering they’re hard to find now. Thankfully it’s still going strong.

As for what I'm playing, I’m laying roads in my new wild world town in the wiiu. It’s not necessary but I find it helps me find things faster.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

Oh well yes, used! If I were to buy a replacement I'd like it to be new

Also I'd probably have to buy it online and it'd be probably expensive.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Vinny

HobbitGamer wrote:

Vinny, you figure anything out about your Vita?

I’m washing laundry and playing Metroid Prime, of course. Just got the spider ball, now climbing a tower to see what toy I get next!

Unfortunately, no
I purchased an USB cable online this week, but it hasn't arrived yet. I wouldn't like to spend the weekend without playing at least some Vita...
It's really hard to find Vita stuff around here, but I think I'm gonna look for a cable at the local gaming stores tomorrow. If the cable doesn't fix it, welp.

In the worst case scenario, I could try to sell it "as-is" with some games I don't play anymore and get a Slim model (Slim models are actually harder to find here, as most people got the OLED Vita when Sony was still developing first party titles and gave up on the platform after, so when the Slim released people didn't care anymore). Though it uses a regular microUSB port and the smaller touchpad looks more comfortable.

I'm bad at the Prime titles tbh (i get lost easily). I started playing 1 back in 2016, then I played a bit more in 2017, then a bit more back in may 2018, but so far just about 40% done.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

Hello, weekend! It's gonna be a pseudo-lazy one besides a brief volunteer activity and some cleaning. It's about time after the hassle I've dealt with over the last couple of weeks.

@HobbitGamer: The Spider Ball is one of my favorite (if not THE favorite) things in the Prime games. Some of the camera effects and puzzles...wow.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SuperLuigi111

Ugh, I had such a crappy day today. (I'm trying to avoid swearing on this forum as I've gathered it's not allowed?)

SuperLuigi111

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic