Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 21,661 to 21,680 of 96,298

Eel

It's like the shady wristwatch salesman that walks up to you in the park and opens his trenchcoat

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Just ignore that message, install any browser you want, and in the options of your browser of preference, set it to "my default browser". That'll teach Windows to mess with consumer's free will...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

And whenever I press F1 by accident the computer decides to take it's sweet time to open an Edge window. More than a help button, it's an Edge shortcut.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Yeah, it's kinda their default MO, much like with uninstalling things, making "no" the default highlighted choice, and then, even if you select "yes", they STILL ask you yet another time if you're REALLY sure you want to proceed...

I honestly never liked Windows, coming off of the super-user friendly Commodore Amiga OS, many years back, so it really took me quite a bit of getting used to, but seeing as I also had to use it at work eventually, I hardly had any choice in the matter...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Kimyonaakuma

@ThanosReXXX It's been raining here for a week or two so it would be a little wet, which is probably better than melting fur? I don't think there is a good option when you have cheese for fur
And I use Chrome, so thanks for finding the add-on for me. I've spent most of my life using it so it's what I'm used to, but my Uncle talks about FireFox like Priests talk about Jesus and burning bushes and all of those Bible things I might change browser one day...just never to Edge! I only use it because some 4K videos play better on Edge compared to Chrome, but I also just need a new computer 😭

Kimyonaakuma

HobbitGamer

Yosheel wrote:

It's like the shady wristwatch salesman that walks up to you in the park and opens his trenchcoat

“Psst! Hey you! Want some opens coat internet to explore? It’s so edgy right now”

Also, I found the hidden zippers for my couch cushions so I can get some polyfill this week and work my magic. After I replace a shower pipe.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Oh, don't get me wrong: I'm not sitting here, behind my keyboard, bemoaning every letter I have to type on a Windows-based computer, but it was of course kinda forced onto us, and most of us didn't really have any choice in the matter.

Over here in schools and in most office jobs, it's all Windows. Only designers, graphical professions and some other industries use Mac computers. Will probably be the same worldwide.

Never used Linux or any other Unix offspring. That was always just WAY too geek for me...
And I'm just a user, not much of a programmer, although I do always build my own PC's and know how to tweak performance both hardware and software-wise, but that is as far as my OS and/or other program knowledge goes. So, I guess I'm an above average user, but by no means a wiz kid.

@Kimyonaakuma If you think that 4K videos play better on Edge than on Chrome, you should try Firefox...
Your uncle is definitely right, though...
But seriously: I'd say give it a go some day. Don't even have to make it your default browser.

I actually do use Chrome as well, but as my secondary browser, just in case. Back in the day, I used Internet Explorer and Firefox, and now I've swapped out Internet Explorer for Chrome, as my second-best browser...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

I tried Linux Ubuntu once. Then I remembered why the Universal Plug n Play was a godsend. I was able to get IT to give my department Chrome last year, and it was great. State websites are awful under IE

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Vinny

I actually used to play Sonic Genesis (GBA) back when I was 12. I even beat it.
I didn't see a lot of flaws with that one back then, except for the awful sound quality and soul crushing slowdown.

I also used to play Shadow the Hedgehog back then, so yeah...

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

SuperLuigi111

Vinny wrote:

SuperLuigi111 wrote:

Everything for the Wii U is way more expensive than I thought it would be. I feel like it completely bypassed the whole "cheap for a while since it stopped being produced not that long ago" phase.

It could go to the "expensive because It's a cult classic!" phase.

Yeah, I wasn't really counting on the Wii U becoming that. I thought everyone despised it but alas.

SuperLuigi111

SuperLuigi111

HobbitGamer wrote:

Problem is that most of the good games on WiiU are either first party or high quality third party. That, and nintendo items hold value longer and higher than the competitors. some stuff in Eshop is cheaper than a retail store, though.

I haven't had too much of a problem finding games for a good price, aside from Devil's Third which I still can't find for under $50. It's more the accessories and the console itself. Just far too pricey.

SuperLuigi111

Tyranexx

Wow, I leave the thread unsupervised for a few hours, and it exploded. XD I'm too lazy ATM to read the last...three pages?

I would argue that the Wii U isn't (or wasn't, depending on whether the reader is still playing their system) a bad system, it just unfortunately suffered from poor marketing, too much reliance on the expensive Gamepad (much as I like it), lack of third-party support, and developers not always using the system to its full potential.

I dropped into my local Walmart earlier; there are still a few Wii U games in the display case, but the Switch and 3DS have all but taken over by now. The oldest Wii U game I could see was Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Just imagine two muppets fighting, one with an english accent, and the other one with a scottish accent.
An' they discuss abit zelda an' graphics an' whit coontry is better.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Kimyonaakuma

@ThanosReXXX I guess I'll need to try it sometime! I didn't have a backup browser but I guess I do now

In other good news the add-on worked so I never need to see that guy's videos again! 🎉🎉 I won't miss them.... not even slightly because I didn't really watch them.

@Tyranexx You really didn't miss much, just one person making two accounts at the exact same time and then trying to convince us that they were two separate people.....and then I think it turned into an argument about Scottish Independence? I don't know what was happening so I'm just going to call it "an interesting and abstract piece of performance art...".

Edited on by Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

HobbitGamer

Yosheel wrote:

@HobbitGamer I have a usb drive with puppy linux in a drawer somewhere.

You shouldn’t leave puppies in drawers.

And I love my WiiU. But I’m glad I didn’t have it from launch and go through a drought.

What Yosh said is pretty accurate. Statler and Waldorf with accidents

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

You really didn't miss much, just one person making two accounts at the exact same time and then trying to convince us that they were two separate people.....and then I think it turned into an argument about Scottish Independence? I don't know what was happening so I'm just going to call it "an interesting and abstract piece of performance art...".

...I'm picturing two random dudes. One is a stereotypical snobby bookish guy with a prim and proper accent, and the other is a large bearded dude wearing a kilt. Both are decked out in random gamer merchandise and chasing each other around with two-by-fours.

I didn't pick up my Wii U until mid-2015. I'm still playing games on it, but that's mostly to finish off the majority of my backlog on it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Vinny

@ReaderRagfish I always found it to be kinda expensive for it was, so I just waited for a price drop... and I waited so long it got discontinued before the price dropped, lol.

Atm I'm considering a PS3. Lots of great games on that console that I missed.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

It is a good system, but only at the current cost or below. Especially with more quality titles dropping on Switch now.

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@Kimyonaakuma Well, glad to be of assistance. I've been using the add-on for several years now.
Don't even know the names of the channels I've blocked anymore: it's like they were never there in the first place...

@Tyranexx I can relate to that. I also bought my Wii U very late, on the 27th of December 2016, to be exact.
The only reason I know that, is because that has been my regular "buy a console" date since a couple of years now (last year on the exact same date, I bought myself an Xbox One S). The old man gives me a couple hundred bucks for Christmas every year, and then I go out and spend it on "something sensible", like he always advises me to do...

@ReaderRagfish As you can read in the above section of this comment, I also waited for quite a while to decide, but ultimately, I did get a Wii U, and if you can get one for a nice price, then I'd say it's still worth it.

I only have 14 games so far, and I have found that I have absolutely no regrets about getting one so late in its lifetime. It has its issues, so I'm not going to give you a "but it's all perfect and great" speech, but it's still an interesting little machine nonetheless, which still offers a very unique experience unlike any other console, including the Switch, and it's SO completely Nintendo, so for me personally, that was already more than enough of a reason to still get one.

So, if you've got the funds, and consider yourself more than averagely interested, then get off that fence...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic