Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 21,561 to 21,580 of 96,319

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
Actually, i got Tad Amiibo card from ACNL Welcome Amiibo as my 3rd copies of ACNL. I used Tad Amiibo card to get rid Rod (Purple Rat) from my 1st town. The reason i get rid him because i want the last villager is Rooney (Boxer Blue Kangaroo). But Rod never want to leave considered he was the 10th villager, so i use Tad Amiibo card to replace Rod & i use my 3rd copy as my 3rd town to accept Rod as a new villager on my 3rd town.

But, same as Rod, Tad never want to leave unless if someone else move out first or if i buy Rooney Amiibo card, i can summon him by force to get rid Tad.

Anti-Matter

Enigminator

Yosheel wrote:

The bad news is this is a transparent blue 2DS and I love it. I'll definitely have to get it fixed some day but... For now... It will be in cryogenic stasis. Inside the Link 2DS box.

My 3DS that I've had for years is currently on life-support. In order to keep it running, I have to keep it plugged in to a charger; otherwise it will immediately turn off, no matter how long it's been charged. Thankfully, I was able to transfer all of my data to my New3DS.

Enigminator

Tyranexx

I've been thinking about picking up a New 3DS XL in about a year or so (provided newly minted systems aren't full 2D by then). Nothing is currently wrong with my OG 3DS, but I'd like some added assurance that my 3DS library will be accessible for years to come. I feel like 6+ years is starting to push it.

I almost caved for the SNES XL that's been making the rounds recently, but I'm getting slammed with home improvement and "Your car needs a new registration sticker" bills right now.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SuperLuigi111

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@SuperLuigi111 If you're bored, you could try riding a razor scooter, poking cats until they bite you, cleaning your room, counting your toes, or baking a cake. If you're still bored after all of that, then you must be difficult to amuse.

I'm not bored though, I found SSX3 for PS2 at a garage sale. I had forgotten how fun that game is.

.......what the......

SuperLuigi111

Anti-Matter

@SuperLuigi111
I have been playing Dance Dance Revolution Arcade for almost 15 years and NEVER get bored. Still play DDR Arcade until today.
They secrets are ...... Loyalty, Love and Passion.

Anti-Matter

SuperLuigi111

Anti-Matter wrote:

@SuperLuigi111
I have been playing Dance Dance Revolution Arcade for almost 15 years and NEVER get bored. Still play DDR Arcade until today.
They secrets are ...... Loyalty, Love and Passion.

I'm just bored of all my games right now. Feel like I've played them all a lot, and most of them are not worth replaying. Smash Bros. U is coming in the mail tomorrow, so that'll be fun. But until then I'm dying of boredom.

SuperLuigi111

Anti-Matter

@SuperLuigi111
Play Open ending games like Animal Crossing New Leaf / Portal Knights / Miitopia / etc.
Add with some Physical Activities to balance your mood such as Cleaning your bedroom, dusting your games collection, trying new hobbies, etc.
And don't forget have a nice drink to relax your mind.

If those are not working, have an Outdoor activities, Hiatus for a while from gaming and you can always comeback whenever you ready.

Anti-Matter

SuperLuigi111

Anti-Matter wrote:

@SuperLuigi111
Play Open ending games like Animal Crossing New Leaf / Portal Knights / Miitopia / etc.
Add with some Physical Activities to balance your mood such as Cleaning your bedroom, dusting your games collection, trying new hobbies, etc.
And don't forget have a nice drink to relax your mind.

If those are not working, have an Outdoor activities, Hiatus for a while from gaming and you can always comeback whenever you ready.

I was playing Fallout 4 but burned myself out on it. Might pull out some retro games...been thinking about it. I hate cleaning my room because it's not fun but maybe I'll get my ass to do it. I don't drink though.

SuperLuigi111

Eel

I have a copy of the GameCube game, one of City Folk and two of each Wild World and New Leaf.

And I also bought Amiibo Festival, mostly because it was a cheap easy way to get an Amiibo of Isabelle.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Meh. Fixing people's errors this morning. He gets a diagnosis! She gets a diagnosis! Everyone gets a brand new diagnosis!!... Then I've gotta build a report from scratch using similar SQL tables in a different directory as an existing report, but all named and called differently. Today is balls. Pokeballs. At least I brought my DS

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Kimyonaakuma

I have one copy of every Animal Crossing game that's had an English release. The Gamecube version was the second game I had ever played and I've loved the series ever since.

I also like how I'm only a couple of months older than the first game, it's cool to grow up with such a cool series

Kimyonaakuma

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Ah... people and their problems, always looking at other people to fix it, rather than trying to find the wisdom themselves...

Although unfortunately, a lot of things don't fly anymore in this modern day and age, there's still a lot of wisdom to be found in ancient texts, such as in certain Buddhist parables.

If anything, I might at the very least succeed in bringing a smile to your face again...

The 84th Problem

A man once came to see the Buddha to get help with his problems. After the man had told the Buddha one of his problems and asked for help, the Buddha replied: "I cannot help you get rid of that problem."

The man was surprised that the Buddha could not help him in this regard, but he told the Buddha about another problem; he thought to himself that the Buddha should at least be able to help him with that problem. But the Buddha told him "I cannot help you with that problem either."

The man started to get impatient. He said: "How can it be that you are the perfectly Enlightened Buddha, when you can’t even help people get rid of their problems?" The Buddha answered: "You will always have 83 problems in your life. Sometimes a problem will go, but then another problem will come. I cannot help you with that."

The baffled man asked the Buddha: "But, what can you help me with, then?" The Buddha replied: "I can help you get rid of your 84th problem." The man asked: "But what is my 84th problem?" The Buddha replied: "That you want to get rid of your 83 problems."

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter It's a parable, not a joke. It's ancient, in-your-face wisdom.

EDIT:
In case you don't understand or know what a parable is, then here's the short explanation:
parable = a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Yesssss. I've also just placed an auto-reply on my inbound distribution address:

Auto-Response Generated by Billing Department;
We are sorry, but this department has currently reached the maximum limit of attempts for information at this time. If you require immediate assistance please contact your supervisor.
Approximate wait time for unresolved tickets; [ERROR: UNDEFINED]. Thank you.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer You're welcome.

And if it ever happens that they are SO grateful to you for having fixed any kind of major problem, and they make the mistake of asking you: "how can we EVER repay you?", then just hand them the deceptively modest request that a Chinese peasant once made to his emperor in ancient times, except change the grains of rice to dollar cents, and you'll be smiling all the way to the bank, by the end of the story:

Ask them to take a chessboard, and then put a single dollar cent on the first square, then double that on the next square, and so on, and so on, for every square in each consecutive row, until they reach the last square on the opposite end of the board.

Just for fun, calculate how many cents that will ultimately result in. I'll guarantee you, that you'll be quite surprised...

EDIT:

Have to correct myself there: it was a story about the emperor of India, not of China. But the result is the same, regardless...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Octane

@ThanosReXXX ''Ah... people and their problems, always looking at other people to fix it, rather than trying to find the wisdom themselves...''

I dunno, I've seen plenty of sick people diagnose themselves only for it to get worse

I even knew someone who passed away because she thought some hippie dance and a stone circle were enough to cure her cancer...

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic