Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 21,561 to 21,580 of 21,686

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Street Fighter? Man, can't even remember the last time I played that.
Oh, wait: I actually can, because it was when I got my SNES Mini...

But I've always played those games with all, or most of the characters. Small, pixelated figures on screen are just fine by me, but being heavily overdosed with half-screen-sized chibi steroid droids is a bit too much...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: TheRealThanos

Anti-Matter

Yosheel wrote:

I'm almost sure the boxers are things he draws for his own, uh, pleasure in his free time. I doubt he teaches kids to draw exclusively half naked buff men.

Right...?

Ooh...
I have a Lot of Different drawings for my teaching materials.
Of course it will be Not six pack boxers (all the time).
The drawings are varied depend on level of Primary class.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

SheldonRandoms

@Anti-Matter this can't be, THESE CANNOT BEE!?!
Untitled

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

http://eshopgurus.webs.com/

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Ristar the Shooting Star!

Sheldon & Mr. Randoms

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Anti-Matter

@Yosheel @ThanosReXXX
I have a lot of my Drawings for Lesson.
They are Not Buffed Six Pack Chibi Boxers.
And here are my examples :

Grade 1
Untitled
Untitled

Grade 2
Untitled
Untitled

Grade 3
Untitled
Untitled

Grade 4
Untitled
Untitled

Grade 5
Untitled
Untitled

Grade 6
Untitled
Untitled

My Top 5 games :
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, there you go, see? That's what I was talking about: a little variety, and not just boxers, or men. These are very nice, and I also prefer these pencil drawings to the other ones, because I like the color gradients in pencil colors more than the computerized(?) graphics. Perhaps you also have some animals or landscapes to share? And DO you actually have some stuff that is non-chibi?

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter Dood, those are super cool!!! I love all the colors and background detail.
Your Beaurocracy for grade 6 looks like my job every day lol

Edited on by HobbitGamer

HobbitGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-3073-8431 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter: Holy cow, those are amazing! I can only achieve something that doesn't look like complete garbage after about five million tries! (And a LOT of erasing....)

Video Corner: If Mario Had a Battle Royale Mode
Currently playing: Super Mario RPG (Wii U VC), Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ReaderRagfish

So those are lessons for kids? They seem a little bit above what I was capable at the time. When I was in first grade, my people were literally just a circle (the head) with two lines coming out (the legs).

Nothing will ever top ice skating boxer though.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Yosheel

Gotta give the kids something to inspire them. Most kids won’t be able to replicate them, but they can very well try to.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
"Perhaps you also have some animals or landscapes to share? "

Normal Animals
Untitled
Untitled

Anthromorphic Animals
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Landscapes
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

My Top 5 games :
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter These are really great!!

HobbitGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-3073-8431 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Love your art style. Fun and inspiring. Are there any (English language) book or web resources you would recommend for aspiring artists?

Edited on by gcunit

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Runner 3; Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; FIFA 18; Owlboy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Nice! Thanks for posting.

HobbitGamer

I have way too much junk all over my desk, the cleaning person hasn't come this week, my coworker is out, department assistant is late, CEO doesn't understand my emails, and accounting wants receivables within 3 hours.

[EDIT: Language in link, character name]

Edited on by HobbitGamer

HobbitGamer

Knuckles-Fajita

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Anti-Matter

gcunit wrote:

@Anti-Matter Love your art style. Fun and inspiring. Are there any (English language) book or web resources you would recommend for aspiring artists?

My Chibi characters were based on Nendoroid proportions (from Head to toe).
When i tried my Chibi style for the first time on year 2009, i used MySims Chibi style (Legs are big as LEGO feet).
After i was interested with some Nendoroids, i noticed if the legs proportion was smaller than LEGO style feet.
Also, i noticed same treatment i learned from Harvest Moon Magical Melody art style.
And i found same case with Re:Legend character design (feet are smaller like Nendoroids legs).

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 games :
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Anti-Matter

Btw, sometimes i don't understand the concept of being "Kawaii" in Japanese (I'm watching Kawaii International from NHK World right now).
The Kawaii that they portrayed = OVER Saturated fashion looking. Instead of having Cute looking, i felt discomfort to see Fashion Disaster from being "Kawaii" by their version.
But, i see also some Smart Kawaii. Unlike Over Saturated Kawaii, Smart Kawaii are being Minimalist but still have Cute sensations.

Kawaii is usually described as Feminine cuteness by Japanese standard, but i think my Chibi Boxers are very Kawaii enough even though they are Boys.
I found Kawaii Boys are cuter than Kawaii Girls.

My Top 5 games :
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

HobbitGamer

@Knuckles-Fajita Holy crow, is he alright? How’s his mood after that? Hope they can find who is responsible.

HobbitGamer

Yosheel

@Anti-Matter as far as I know in japanese "kawaii" literally means "cute".

It can be used to describe anything cute, it just happens that most people find fashionable girls to be cute.

It's one of those subjective things where you mileage may vary.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Knuckles-Fajita

@HobbitGamer He was terrified in the vets. He seems okay, just on medication, keep it clean, usual stuff. Cone of shame too!

Thing is, he's a VERY social boy, so seeing him scared is unnerving. It should be sortable though.

And yeah...I think the one responsible would like someone else to find them before I do.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic