Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 20,841 to 20,860 of 96,305

Eel

Starting with the gba games, shininess is determined by a unique hidden value, it determines a lot of things related to the pokemon. After generation 5 or so they started manipulating the generation of that value to prevent certain pokemon from ever being shiny.

Thankfully that's not the case in these early games.

In this game, shininess is determined by the stats of the pokemon. So any pokemon can be shiny.

By restarting the battle I'm basically generating a Celebi with new stats and hoping it lands on the right combination.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Yosheel
Speaking about GBA, how about the Sound quality of the games on either GBA first model / GBA SP / NDS Lite ?
Are GBA games don't have very Loud sounds when being played ?

Anti-Matter

Eel

GBA games don’t have very good sound in general. They will sound better on the ds I think, if only because you have two speakers there.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@Yosheel
Ah, i see...
I have ever found there was a game shop in my place that STILL displayed an NDS Lite Speaker.
It was Very Old, still inside the package (the color of the outside plastic was brownish due to aging).
Can i use Blue tooth speaker + Connector onto NDS Lite ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Lucarian wrote:

I'm looking for a 3ds game to pick up on Prime day. Does anybody have any recommendations for anything that has a lot of replay value?

What is Prime day ?
Anyway...
1. Animal Crossing New Leaf : Welcome Amiibo
2. Miitopia
3. Fantasy Life
4. Disney Magical World 2
5. Pokemon Ultra Sun / Moon

Anti-Matter

Joeynator3000

Anti-Matter wrote:

Lucarian wrote:

I'm looking for a 3ds game to pick up on Prime day. Does anybody have any recommendations for anything that has a lot of replay value?

What is Prime day ?
Anyway...
1. Animal Crossing New Leaf : Welcome Amiibo
2. Miitopia
3. Fantasy Life
4. Disney Magical World 2
5. Pokemon Ultra Sun / Moon

Amazon Prime, guessing it some huge sale thing for them. My mom has Prime, so, I could get in on this as well.
Might not get a game, though...I want to get Sanya a cat fountain, though.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tyranexx

I actually saw a Switch out in the wild this evening (doesn't happen often here), at the wedding reception I was at of all places. Some poor kid was trying to connect to the venue's overloaded WiFi and play Fortnite; needless to say they were not successful.

I should have asked if they brought any single player games.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter I thin biggest problem was the speakers more than sound quality. The SP had better, but micro was best to me. Using headphones was like totally different sound on all modeled

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Oh yeah, there are plenty in stores nowadays. I rarely see actual handheld or hybrid game systems out and about here though. Usually the only electronics that I see anyone (usually kids) playing games on are phones and tablets. The last time I saw anything Nintendo-related that wasn't my own was a guy playing his 2DS somewhere a few weeks ago.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
If you visit my place, Surabaya, there are TONS of Video Games Black Market that sold Pirated games, Pirated machines, Hacked games (with inappropriate contents inside / with illegal contents), etc.
There are three kind of Game Shop in my place:
1. (Totally) Black Market = Sold Hacked & Pirated softwares & hardwares (Recondition machines) only, Download pirated games service onto hardware. NO Original Copies Sold. These are 90 % in my place.

2. Grey Market = Sold BOTH Original softwares & hardwares (Displayed in front) and also... the Pirated games (Download pirated games service) & Jailbroken machines. They hide the pirated games in public, only do the favor if someone asked about pirated games. These are 9 % in my place.

3. White Market = Sold Original softwares & hardwares ONLY, No Piracy, No Jailbreak, No hacking. Also, this shop provides Figurines , Second handed games (Used games, still Original) and video game accesories as complementary. This shop just Only ONE in my place, Game Inn (Check on Instagram). I bought my games Mostly from Game Inn for almost 5 years.

So sad to see tons of piracy out there while most peoples Never realized the danger and guiltiness lurk inside.

I guarantee you will vomit after you see with your naked eyes how Cringe those Video games Black Market. 🤢

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

In the case of retro handheld hardware, don’t worry too much about clones.

The important thing is the software, and sometimes the hardware clones can be just as good or even better than the original, now old, hardware.

You just need to make sure youre buying the right thing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

Well, foot. Picked up a ceiling fan and down rod last night at the hardware store. Woke up early to play fortnite then install fan. Instructions inside the box said it’s flushmount and can’t use a downrod. So I guess I’m heading back into town to sort it out. #countrylife

EDIT: And my old pickup almost didn’t start because a passenger didn’t close their door all the way yesterday. Long day ahead, methinks.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

Ugh... my football/soccer loving heart just died a little bit more than it already had in the last couple of days. Football has died today, justice definitely isn't served, and the f-ing French sob's, and their disgusting stop-motion, brick defense and opportunistic, ugly way of playing has all but certainly won them the cup in this farce of a tournament.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Yosheel No, in this case, it absolutely doesn't. There was only one team that played real football (and they've done so in all their matches, and very valiantly), and that was Croatia. Ugly football isn't football. And the referee is a bloody, biased first class a-hole. The whole thing reeks of guiding the French to the win, because a small country like Croatia winning the World Cup probably doesn't make for such a nice poster for the Fifa...

An unwarranted penalty given, lots of fouls from the French not punished and so on, and so on. It frustrates me to no end that we will have to stomach the frogs having their dirty, arrogant claws on this cup for four years. Yègh!

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Kimyonaakuma

And this is why I don't care about football

Kimyonaakuma

1UP_MARIO

It’s over and
It’s coming close to home

Croatia played better throughout the cup

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Eel

1UP_MARIO wrote:

It’s over and

The best team won

Or something. Etc etc. I actually don't care about football. Just wanted to use the passive agressive smiley.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic