Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 20,781 to 20,800 of 96,530

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, the least you can do, if you're also teaching that to children, is to make different-shaped figures, such as non-muscled, slightly overweight, skinny and so on, you know, like there also are in real life? And let's also show something else instead of just boxers.

If you teach kids that drawing humans is all about weird body proportions, and being extremely muscular and sporty, then I'd say you're teaching them the wrong thing, because it will influence their image of the world, and if they themselves might not be able to fit that description, for example because they are overweight, or can't do sports for some other reason, then it might even affect their self-esteem, making them feel inferior.

Variety is the spice of life, my friend. So, even if you stay in Chibi-mode, at least try and make something else from time to time, instead of just half-naked Thai boxers. Some of us actually like girls...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

I'm almost sure the boxers are things he draws for his own, uh, pleasure in his free time. I doubt he teaches kids to draw exclusively half naked buff men.

Right...?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish No offense taken.

There's actually a very funny sketch about a kid drawing stick figures, but unfortunately it's from a Dutch comedian...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter The buff chibi boxers just remind @ThanosReXXX of that time he got forced to play Cho Aniki in VR.
@ReaderRagfish And never use erasers because it could be interpreted that only by removing flaws can we be perfect. And don't use smiley faces, because it's ok to be sad.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

ThanosReXXX wrote:

There's actually a very funny sketch about a kid drawing stick figures, but unfortunately it's from a Dutch comedian...

That means you know it by heart, right?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Yosheel I would most certainly hope it isn't, otherwise we'd be hitting entirely new levels of wrong...

HobbitGamer

ReaderRagfish wrote:

So I propose we have a circuit to determine the best of all the boxers.

I call being ice skating boxer!

I'm CowBoxer!

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Mjeh.... kinda. But it's a bit too long to describe, and you'd also have to see the guy performing it, since his hysterical, schizophrenic act really adds to the atmosphere of it.

I've actually spent the last hour trying to find that specific part of his show on YouTube, but I only found Dutch versions without subs, and the CC doesn't work because he talks so hysterically, that YouTube even mangles his words in the native language, let alone putting the captions in English.

I did find out that he also did a show in London, but unfortunately, the stick figure skit wasn't a part of it.

I might get back to you about it, and give you a transcript of it in English, but after having plowed through dozens of videos, I think I'm going to take a break for now.

EDIT:

HobbitGamer wrote:

The buff chibi boxers just remind @ThanosReXXX of that time he got forced to play Cho Aniki in VR.

Never played that, luckily. No... it's more that, being a straight man, I can only stomach a certain amount of images of buff, half-naked men (cartoony or not) being seared into my retina, and by now, I'm well and truly past that limit, for the next month or so...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Street Fighter? Man, can't even remember the last time I played that.
Oh, wait: I actually can, because it was when I got my SNES Mini...

But I've always played those games with all, or most of the characters. Small, pixelated figures on screen are just fine by me, but being heavily overdosed with half-screen-sized chibi steroid droids is a bit too much...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Anti-Matter

Yosheel wrote:

I'm almost sure the boxers are things he draws for his own, uh, pleasure in his free time. I doubt he teaches kids to draw exclusively half naked buff men.

Right...?

Ooh...
I have a Lot of Different drawings for my teaching materials.
Of course it will be Not six pack boxers (all the time).
The drawings are varied depend on level of Primary class.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

SheldonRandoms

@Anti-Matter this can't be, THESE CANNOT BEE!?!
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Anti-Matter

@Yosheel @ThanosReXXX
I have a lot of my Drawings for Lesson.
They are Not Buffed Six Pack Chibi Boxers.
And here are my examples :

Grade 1
Untitled
Untitled

Grade 2
Untitled
Untitled

Grade 3
Untitled
Untitled

Grade 4
Untitled
Untitled

Grade 5
Untitled
Untitled

Grade 6
Untitled
Untitled

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, there you go, see? That's what I was talking about: a little variety, and not just boxers, or men. These are very nice, and I also prefer these pencil drawings to the other ones, because I like the color gradients in pencil colors more than the computerized(?) graphics. Perhaps you also have some animals or landscapes to share? And DO you actually have some stuff that is non-chibi?

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter Dood, those are super cool!!! I love all the colors and background detail.
Your Beaurocracy for grade 6 looks like my job every day lol

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter: Holy cow, those are amazing! I can only achieve something that doesn't look like complete garbage after about five million tries! (And a LOT of erasing....)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Gotta give the kids something to inspire them. Most kids won’t be able to replicate them, but they can very well try to.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
"Perhaps you also have some animals or landscapes to share? "

Normal Animals
Untitled
Untitled

Anthromorphic Animals
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Landscapes
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Love your art style. Fun and inspiring. Are there any (English language) book or web resources you would recommend for aspiring artists?

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic