Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 20,061 to 20,080 of 96,243

Tyranexx

...Bleh, it's too early in the year to be this humid.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Vinny

Ahhhh, the sandbird. Never fails to make me mad.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Yumiez

@KryptoKrunch Do you know if Nintendo always had this unpleasable fanbase? I used to be part of the PS Vita community, and (at least on Reddit) everyone there was generally nice and helpful. But when I joined the switch community, I've noticed this aura of bitter disappointment that just shows up everywhere and leads to constant complaining, arguing, and just general negativity.

Yumiez

My Nintendo: Shasta21

Haruki_NLI

@Yumiez Yep. Always been like this.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Joeynator3000

Ugh, my right hand has a bunch of scars on it now...sighs

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

ogo79

i thought joining higher forces with the government and trading my soul for wealth would make me happy.
why do my eyes look like a reptiles?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

YummyHappyPills wrote:

@Yumiez Yep. Always been like this.

False. This is a new development in the past 10-15+ years or so.
It's just another symptom of how the internet, social media and all that jazz have made people even more insufferable than ever.

Now get off mah lawn!
Untitled

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Mew

the gaming community as a whole has sucked since the dawn of the internet and social media. it's either cynical asses or annoying kids, with a whole lot of xenophobia mixed in, in certain places. its not fun but hey what are you gonna do.

the official callie of nintendo life

Nintendo Network ID: SmasherMew

Anti-Matter

@Mew
Maybe there were Too many games with genre that overexploited their Tantrum and Disgust feeling toward each others. Like they had brainwashed to be a Bad gamers.

Anti-Matter

Yumiez

What if the gaming community has always had these issues, it's just that the internet and social media have made them more visible?

Yumiez

Vinny

It's that time of the year again with all the fake leaks.

I'll believe when I see it!

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

Anti-Matter

@Yumiez
Some peoples are Not patient enough to wait the games.
Some of them like to spread Hoaxes than Actual information just for their self pleasure and selfishness.

Anti-Matter

Octane

Y'all make me feel bad. If I'm not allowed to moan and complain, what's the point of this all?!

Octane

Tyranexx

Yumiez wrote:

What if the gaming community has always had these issues, it's just that the internet and social media have made them more visible?

My stance on the whole thing in a nutshell.

In other random news....I forgot how insanely odd those two clown guys are that run businesses around Lake Hylia in TP....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Mew

@Yumiez I mean, did gaming communities really exist before the internet?

the official callie of nintendo life

Nintendo Network ID: SmasherMew

jump

Mew wrote:

You've had fanzines, meet ups at arcades, clubs etc back in the day when people would have conversations face to face.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Yumiez

What if it's a case of the silent majority and the loud minority?

Yumiez

Vinny

jump wrote:

Mew wrote:

You've had fanzines, meet ups at arcades, clubs etc back in the day when people would have conversations face to face.

People had social interactions in real life, with no devices between then?
That's kinda scary. Not as scary as the sun though. I hear if you get exposed to the sun your eyes melt.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic