Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 19,581 to 19,600 of 96,513

Tyranexx

Note to self: Do not accidentally stumble upon Google Translate versions of Disney songs while working. It causes fits of silent laughter.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

So I gave up and bought another three Wii Shop games. To fill up the first page with only games.

So I got 2000 points, for 2 NES games and one N64 game.

I continued my theme of "games I haven't played", and got Faxanadu, a game I had no idea existed until a few minutes ago. Then I ignored my theme and got Final Fantasy... Which I have on the NES mini. Although I guess it's a lot more convenient to just have it on the Wii.

Then I had a hard time choosing the N64 game. However as I was checking how big the games were (in blocks), I accidentally bought Yoshi's Story (that wasn't the back button!)... Which I have never played, so that's fine.

And well, Ocarina of Time was luring me. But I have that one on like three other systems. And I can even play it on the Wii already (via the gamecube disc). So I guess I'm glad Yoshi's Story butted in.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Meowpheel Thanks for reminding me. I still need to unbox my Wii, set it up and check if there's anything left I want to buy. The least I can do is put some points on it. I believe you can still buy games for another year, right?

Octane

Fooligan

I bought Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy II and III, Ys 1 and 2 chronicles, Shining Force 2, Phantasy Star, and Super Smash Bros. I was going to get the other Phantasy Star games but then I heard about that Sega Genesis Classics game and decided to wait for that.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Eel

Hm that's right. I've never played Chrono trigger.

Ugh but it's an SNES game. And I definitely won't be leaving unspent points flying in the nether. Sorry, nuh-uh.

Also if I start getting more games I'll probably end up filling up one entire page again...

Bloop.

the_shpydar

I really need to remember to throw a bunch of points on the Wii this weekend. I had started trying to make a list of games i want to grab, but got distracted. I'll probably just throw $50 or something on there so i have it and that will likely cover anything that i want to grab.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Fooligan

@Meowpheel how much are snes games for you? Are the prices not basically the same as ours?

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Fooligan

No. No! Don't say that Meowph! Get 2000 points. Get Chrono Trigger then get two Sega genesis games for 600 points each. I suggest Zombies Ate My Neighbors if you don't already have it then any other genesis game that tickles your fancy.

Eel

Depending on the kind of taco it could be anywhere between 1000 and 40 tacos.

Unless you go to some fancy pancy place that sells "gourmet" tacos for dumb amounts of money.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Octane

@Meowpheel 1000 tacos for $50? That means you can live an entire year off $50.

Octane

Eel

Well the tacos de un peso are popular as a novelty in some areas of the country, but as you may imagine, they are usually tiny.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Late

You don't even want to know how much I spent on WiiWare games this month. Some of those games might never get rereleased on other platforms so I tried to get as many of the best ones as I could. Now I just need to find time to play them.

I don't understand why I went for NES Bubble Bobble back in the day when Bubble Bobble Plus! was just 3€ more and included the same levels + 100 more. I remember wondering which one I'd get but I don't remember the reason I went for the NES game. Maybe it was just nostalgia? I loved "Bubble Bobble also featuring Rainbow Islands" back when we had a PC with Windows 95. Everyone in my family remembers the music. I have kind of a weird story when it comes to Bubble Bobble but I don't think I'll share it since I'm not sure if I can trust my memory.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Tyranexx

I've had Chrono Trigger for the DS sitting in the back of my backlog for over a year now...hmm....Might move that up the stack a little more. Never have played the game in any form yet.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Vinny

It's funny how each Mega Drive add-on could kind of compensate for the other's flaw.
The Sega CD had a lot more space than a cartridge based system, but the color pallete was extremely limited.
The 32x on the other hand, had a much larger pallete and processing power, but it used cartridges.

For some hundreds of dollars back in the 90s, you could have a beast mode Mega Drive CD 32X with only 3 different power supplies! One hell of a deal!

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic