Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 19,501 to 19,520 of 96,322

Fooligan

Yay! One hour forward!

Untitled

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Octane

@SheldonRandoms @Fooligan I almost forgot, because the world is incapable of synchronising the start and end dates of DST. It's March 25 for me.

Octane

Tyranexx

I despise the time change and wish it wasn't a thing. There are plenty of studies that are both for and against the idea; IMO the negatives outweigh the positives. I think it's pretty telling that some countries no longer bother with it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Kimyonaakuma
Hey, i heard your conversation about me.
Well, like i have ever said before, i knew that i was Different.
Different from Mindset, different from what do i like.
My brain just only accepted Appropriate games because by Naturally (Built from my Past also) i Hate to see and play something Really Evil/Bloody/Inappropriate from rated 18+ games. I Hate to do , hear and see that. Not something cool to see, but Disgusting and Damned things to do. Because i really adore something Cute, my games are dominated by Cartoonish looking and Safe to watch games.

Same with other things, not about gaming. I Really hate people smoking, just smell that smoke i can go mad and try to stop that people to smoke by politely or i just stay away from that people in hurry. I don't like to drive any cars / motorbikes because 2 reasons: 1. I unable to drive, 2. I still concerned about gas pollutions from those vehicles, i don't want to submit more pollutions, so i choose to be completely different by just riding mountain bike. No thinking about gasoline, no worried about gas pollutions, no thinking about machines, no worried about traffic jams. I'm okay if i just be a passenger in the car / motorbike, but i don't want to drive any of them. I feel guilty by owning those vehicles and keep spreading gas pollutants. So i choose to Not following the Mainstream (people driving cars by normally), instead i keep going anywhere by mountain bike except if i go to very far place, i use public transportations or joun with other people vehicle. Even my relatives are surprised and wondering about my statement to go anywhere by mountain bike because Nobody from their family relatives go to anywhere by mountain bike. Just only me think so different. I'm confident with my decision.

Back to gaming topic. I play very specific games because i Only play games that i have interest about. I'm very pickier and very Selective, not all game ideas i can accept. I don't play games what peoples played by Majorly (fifa, nba, etc), i play what i like Only. If i refuse to play any rated 18+ games, so What ? That's my Right to ban what games i hate most and i will Not allowed those games reaching my gaming area. I create an Healthy gaming area by just ONLY allowed rated Everyone, Everyone 10+ & Teen / CERO A & B / PEGI 3, 7 & 12 games. Because i want to show to peoples if adult gamer can play Appropriate games and give good examples to younger audiences to do like that. And for me, Age ratings are really really important for me. I will roll my eyes if my eyes accidentally see any rated 18+ games / movies, i Refuse to see those because i know i really hate all of them. I don't want to get upset or going Aggresive, so i decide to Completely Abandon their existences.

Well, don't be surprised if you found people like me. You should be proud to have people with different mindset like that. I said from beginning, i'm Different, i'm Unique, i'm the Opposite. When peoples do Zig (Right), i do Zag (Left).

Anti-Matter

Kimyonaakuma

@NintenerdCentral I don't know how American or English schools work because ours are different here in Scotland, but the internet says 8th Grade is when you're 13-14 so I'll just use that as a reference

But yeah people are the same here at that age, we only had one person in my year that brought in a 3DS but she was teased about it a lot. She was also a witch and obviously had some other issues so unfortunately she was a target anyway.
People knew that I was a gamer since they had met me but they assumed that I was obsessed with Final Fantasy and things like that (Never played an FF game but oh well ), but even when they found out that I was a Nintendo fan they didn't really care and I managed to get away with it. People never bullied or teased me so I guess I was lucky? In a typical high school I would have been pretty much the perfect target but I think they figured out that I didn't care what they thought of me which goes a long way
These days the people in my year at school like Nintendo but it's more of something that we have in common from our childhoods. But when Super Mario Run and Animal Crossing Pocket Camp came out on mobile we were able to have fun with that, which was weird because I was able to talk about something that I'm actually interested in!

Anyway, I don't know if they're causing you any serious problems but if they are just ignore them. Pokémon is awesome so they're the ones missing out!

Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

@Anti-Matter I don't mind if you want to be "a zig instead of zag", it doesn't affect me. In my opinion you seem to oversimplify things to almost extreme levels such as never driving or playing mature rated games. I'm sorry to break this to you but you and your mountain bike won't save the planet, many people are going to drive regardless. You also mentioned that you want to show or set an example that adults don't need to play mature games....but why!? Who is finding out about this except people on this website, who are mostly adults anyway?
It's nice that you have these things that you feel strongly about and I can see that you have good intentions but it's seems like you pushed it too far. But if it makes you happy then just ignore me
I've also found some contradictions in what you've been saying in the past couple of weeks/months. First of all you have said that everyone that plays non-Nintendo consoles or games are wrong, yet you play PS4 games and are planning to buy more. You've also said that you would rather see a version of SNK Heroines with shirtless guys with big muscles, however that would never be in a "safe" age rating for you, so you would have to go against something that you feel strongly about.

And yeah as @subpopz mentioned, most people probably don't care about your opinions on certain games (no offense), but you constantly write comments saying that people are wrong, or need lectures, or you hate them just for having an opinion about a game or topic. It's fine to be unique or have a different mindset about something but you need to respect other people's opinions too. Most people don't operate the same way that you do, the majority of people can see the good and bad aspects of something instead of writing it off without much thought or research.

I'm not usually this...errr..... confrontational (?), but I consistently see you posting negative things whenever mature or non-nintendo things are mentioned and there's no need for it, so I thought I might as well be honest with you. If you or anyone else here has any problems with me then that's fine, just let me know and I'll try and fix it when I leave comments here.......unless you want me to write less, I just have a lot of ideas and things to say sadly

Kimyonaakuma

Tyranexx

@NintenerdCentral: Continue playing what you like. I've been playing Pokemon games since age ten and have liked the franchise for even longer. I was part of the first wave of Pokemania. TBH I feel that Pokemon is more mainstream these days because of the Pokemon GO fever.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Anti-Matter

@Kimyonaakuma
"I'm sorry to break this to you but you and your mountain bike won't save the planet, many people are going to drive regardless."

Well, at least there is at least One people still concern about Global warming. I keep stay with my decision. They can go with their cars but i Still go with my mountain bike.

"You also mentioned that you want to show or set an example that adults don't need to play mature games....but why!? Who is finding out about this except people on this website, who are mostly adults anyway?"

Because Why Not ?
If i didn't posted here to confess about me, you will Never knew if there was someone that you have never expected about. Usually you met with common peoples (type A, B, C) but you rarely find peoples with very different mindset (type X, Y, Z).

"I've also found some contradictions in what you've been saying in the past couple of weeks/months. First of all you have said that everyone that plays non-Nintendo consoles or games are wrong, yet you play PS4 games and are planning to buy more. You've also said that you would rather see a version of SNK Heroines with shirtless guys with big muscles, however that would never be in a "safe" age rating for you, so you would have to go against something that you feel strongly about."

I want to clarify about that.
1. Yes, i will buy PS4 by the end of March 2018, But.... Not because i like. I buy PS4 because i Have No Choice to play The Sims 4 console version (i don't play the PC version since i'm not PC gamer anymore), the Most Wanted game that i want to play. Dang it ! I actually don't want to buy PS4, but there are some games that i have interest about, but still.... PS4 is Not really Worthy for me since i can only get until 10 PS4 games that Really Really suitable with my criterias, and after being evaluated carefully + long deliberation. Actually, right now there are 4 PS4 games from my 9 PS4 games that i will "Eliminate" (Not being played anymore) once i got the Switch version ( 2 of them has been Eliminated, 2 more to get eliminated. I "Eliminate" my PS4 games since my loyalty to Nintendo is completely huge than Sony. Don't worry, i will keep my "eliminated" PS4 games in my book shelf since i chose the game from my heart.
And remember, i played also PS2 & PS1 games , my Teenhood & College age machines, especially Dance Dance Revolution series. Whenever i played DDR, I always realized if the game i play was from Sony machine first, not from Nintendo machine.

2. I was hoping SNK Hunks instead of SNK Heroines because i just only wishing if those games exist to make it equal. I didn't really expect want to play it or take it seriously , but if it does exist, well.... i will be a surprise for me.

Anti-Matter

Eel

It's not every night that one crashes into a cow. (Well my dad was driving).

On one hand the car is damaged, and the cow is most likely dead. Can't tell, it's too dark and she's on the other side of the road.

On the other hand we are fine, and things would've gone much worse.

This night was both extremely unlucky and extremely lucky.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fooligan

Good to hear you're alright, Meowpheel. So... when are we having steaks?

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Fooligan

no one is going to know it was you unless you go opening your mouth about it.

Eel

But how are we gonna eat with our mouths closed.

No but seriously, it's a small town and we are a well known family. People recognized us instantly and helped us not even a minute after it happened. So taking the cow is just not kosher.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Fooligan

Hmm I guess I'll take a frozen burger then.

Haruki_NLI

Im more surprised your car won that struggle

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Eel

@YummyHappyPills
Instead of the usual full on direct hit, which often results in the cow crushing the front of the car, my dad managed to swerve away from the cow... So the car only hit the flank.

Really even that could've resulted in a disaster. But we only lost the left headlamp and some decorative elemenets.

The cow managed to stumble to the other side of the read without hitting the incoming traffick, and we managed to get off the road without ending up upside down.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ogo79

Meowpheel wrote:

It's not every night that one crashes into a cow.

Untitled
it happens during the day too

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

Meowph's dad has trumped my record! The largest thing I've hit is a red fox.

Loose livestock is fairly common around here TBH, though thankfully it's extremely rare that someone actually hits them. The most common large animal vehicle fatalities around here are of the whitetail deer variety.

Eel

It gets super dark at night, plus several jerks don't change to low beams. And last night the road was specially cow-infested. I get that it's a desert and fodder is expensive, but I really hope that farmer gets the hint soon.

The only other big-ish animeal people could run over around here are wild deer, but they're very very uncommon. With all the hunting and stuff.

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic