Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 19,481 to 19,500 of 96,322

Vinny

Vinny wrote:

This direct they are gonna announce WarioWare 3DS for real this time, just watch...

The prophecy came true, now the world is gonna break in half since this wasn't supposed to happen

I would always post about WarioWare 3DS on 3DS direct threads as kind of a joke, but I didn't actually expect it to be announced. It's a compilation, but I think it's still great. It was a big series on the GBA/DS and i found it weird it never got a 3DS release. Now I feel a sort of closure for the system, this was the game it was missing...

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

Vinny wrote:

Vinny wrote:

This direct they are gonna announce WarioWare 3DS for real this time, just watch...

The prophecy came true, now the world is gonna break in half since this wasn't supposed to happen

I would always post about WarioWare 3DS on 3DS direct threads as kind of a joke, but I didn't actually expect it to be announced. It's a compilation, but I think it's still great. It was a big series on the GBA/DS and i found it weird it never got a 3DS release. Now I feel a sort of closure for the system, this was the game it was missing...

No joke, I actually remembered your post as soon as it was announced. XD

I gotta say, it was pretty much worth it to leave work early so that I could get in on all the Direct hype here. I've never been in the live chat channel like this before. I was very satisfied by the Direct and am (mostly) sated until E3 rolls around, methinks.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Luna_110

Hello guys! Been missing for some time, but its worth it - got a job and I begin on Monday. Now I'll have disposable income and no time.

I never finished Advance Wars, but the game was great. Its a shame that IS buried it in favor of just producing Fire Emblem.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Tyranexx

I may be wrong, but isn't there a game on the Switch (Tiny Metal?) that sort of scratches the Advance Wars itch for some people? I'm sure it's not the same, but is it better than nothing?

@Luna_110: Welcome to the pros and cons of disposable income! Seriously though, congrats! I know you've been searching for some time.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ogo79

Tyranexx wrote:

I have yet to try out any of the Advance Wars entries.

yer not missing a damn thing.
may i suggest a beat em up or castlevania game instead...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

or one of these
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

LuckyLand

I was reading old Wii games reviews because I heard of a game series I did not know (GTI club) and I ended up in a site where I've read a bunch of really stupid guys who talked like only rated m games can be good games and they blamed Wii and complained because some rated M games (Red Steel 2 and Silent Hill shattered memories) did not sell as good as they thought they should, they said those games should have been absolute best selling only because they are rated M. I don't even like Red Steel myself and I would never expect the spin-off of a game in a niche genre like Silent Hill to sell that good and those comments sounded so narrow minded and arrogant. Im not @Anti-Matter and I'm glad that I sit in the middle regarding this subject but this kind of mentality is even worse than what he usually say in my opinion. I don't know if this is an "unpopular opinion" or not (I hope it is not but sometimes I have the fear it is) and I'm not sure if opening a thread about it could be good or not but I get so sad and angry every time I hear or read people talking like this.
Being adult should have the benefit that you are able to choose for yourself what you like to play, not the limitation that an entire group of games (or other products) get automatically ruled out and/or considered worse only because it doesn't give you the chance to flaunt how much adult you are :/

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Anti-Matter

@LuckyLand
"Being adult should have the benefit that you are able to choose for yourself what you like to play, not the limitation that an entire group of games (or other products) get automatically ruled out and/or considered worse only because it doesn't give you the chance to flaunt how much adult you are :/ "

Sometimes.... in my mind.... i don't like to be adult.
Too much horrible things when being adult.
Hey, you should be proud to have buddy like me that focused on Kid friendly games by 99.99 %. Not many adults like me do that.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@LuckyLand: They're entitled to their own opinion, but it's just that: an opinion. There are legions of amazing games that don't carry the rated M/PEGI 18/etc. tags. People should play what they enjoy. I almost feel sorry for those who would restrict themselves to mature games only since they're missing out on loads of creativity that may be a little more kid-friendly. Some plots and allusions that I've found in "kiddie" games can run pretty deep if you read between the lines.

99% of my own game library ranges from E to T on the ESRB scale. I don't really gravitate towards most mature games, but some of that has to do with my lack of interest in the genres that those normally encompass. I am a fan of the Assassin's Creed series, but I'm more into the parkour elements, exploration, and historical fiction than anything else.

I'm not going to chide others on what they do or do not play (unless they aren't of age for said game, TBH), but I can't help but raise an eyebrow at those who look down upon those that play games that are "under their age group". I would be questioning their own maturity at that point.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Joeynator3000

Status Update: Because I haven't really said anything on here (mainly because the weird site bugs I'm getting constantly), figured I'd go ahead and say something. My family has been dealing with sickness of some kind, and I finally got it last week...fevers, bodyaches, throat pain, and nasty coughs. I'm usually lucky and never get it, or end up being the last one to be affected. I think it's pretty much over for me, haven't had any fevers or aches, my throat slowly getting better. Of course...this sickness also destroys your voice for a while, I pretty much lost most of mine. I can't yell at the dog anymore, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LuckyLand

@Tyranexx they can't even know if they like those games because they just refuse to consider them even before they try them. I understand that one cannot try every game out there before deciding what he want to play and what he doesn't, but those people just don't know what they are talking about and decide it is not good and it is not even worth a try, it is for kid so it is bad.
Not to mention an important thing that those people just don't understand: games that are not rated M often are not just for kids but are made to be enjoyable by everybody. It is not "just for kids" but usually it is "for everyone" so they are excluding things that actually are made for them too.
I agree that such a behavior seems to be quite childish, it sounds like people that have just turned adult and are overexcited about it so they refuse everything else - it is not something to be proud of, and after some time one realizes so by himself, but I can understand if one behaves like this in this situation - but from some of the photos of their avatars they looked like people a bit older than that.
Anyway it is just their loss, I'm more than happy to enjoy games for every age when I like them

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Joeynator3000

Octane wrote:

@Joeynator3000 Cat allergy.

....No.... -.-

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Joeynator3000

.........>_>
goes back to watching anime

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Kimyonaakuma

@LuckyLand Yeah it's a shame that people refuse to play certain games because of an age rating, but they're restricting themselves so it's not my problem. I personally like games from a range of age ratings but I don't may much attention to the ratings in the first place. I'm 17 but even now at my school people have been choosing what they play based on age ratings because the more violent it is the better it's perceived to be. It probably has to do with how they feel about fitting in and being popular but it's quite sad that they're limiting themselves. Those who go outside of the normal GTA, CoD etc range of games are called out for it like it's a problem.
I find it strange because some people here (cough cough Anti Matter cough cough) does the opposite from what I see everyday in my life. Apparently you have to play things with a low age rating or else it's the worst thing ever. I find it quite annoying that they feel the need to bring it up so often but they are probably that way because of some reason that I'll never know. I don't care if someone has a preference, because everyone does, but the whole idea that you can only play certain things and if you go out that small category you're wrong is ridiculous. People my age aren't exactly well known for being the most clever (who knows I might be proving my point now...), but most of them are still figuring themselves out. I'm more worried that adults are doing the exact same thing, because there's more of them and they have more of an influence over what sells and what doesn't. It's just slightly concerning that people are like this in my opinion.

...I'm not sure where this is heading anymore so I'll just cut myself off before this gets any longer I just find how a lot of people think quite worrying because they don't seek to think things through or accept that people have different preferences to them.

Kimyonaakuma

Tyranexx

Not to typecast here since I'm sure plenty of adults outside of this age range do the exact same thing with the "us vs. them" thinking (Scratch that, they do, but on countless other topics that I won't get into....), but I mostly see the "mature games only" mentality in teenagers and young adults. As @Kimyonaakuma mentioned, this seems to be a popularity/in-crowd perception thing more than anything else. Some will come around or be persuaded otherwise eventually, but others may never change their opinion. In the end it's their time and money, and they can spend it as they see fit.

Just play the games that you're interested in, since likewise it's your money and free time. Spend them how you see fit.

Joeynator3000 wrote:

Status Update: Because I haven't really said anything on here (mainly because the weird site bugs I'm getting constantly), figured I'd go ahead and say something. My family has been dealing with sickness of some kind, and I finally got it last week...fevers, bodyaches, throat pain, and nasty coughs. I'm usually lucky and never get it, or end up being the last one to be affected. I think it's pretty much over for me, haven't had any fevers or aches, my throat slowly getting better. Of course...this sickness also destroys your voice for a while, I pretty much lost most of mine. I can't yell at the dog anymore, lol

Untitled

Eel

One day I'm killing nords for their armor and throwing hand grenades at ooze zombies, the next I'm shaking trees to get bells and watering my field.

Just kidding I usually do all these activities during the same day.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SheldonRandoms

Time right about now!
Untitled
OH BOY AHEAD OF TIME 3 A.M!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic