Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 18,921 to 18,940 of 96,523

ogo79

just got my switch labo balance board and this thing rocks.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

JohnBlackstar

@ogo79

Is that a sharpie in your hand? Hold off and buy the sticker kit from Nintendo! Don't be hasty.

When you place your Switch below the "board" to simulate "waves" from the Joycons it is going to be awesome. Only caveat is you must weigh 3 lbs or less or your Switch will shatter in to a million pieces.

Edited on by JohnBlackstar

JohnBlackstar

Eel

Ok so the ferry moved a lot. I don't mind the swaying (it was actually kinda cool), but the noise kept me up all night. I think I only slept like one hour.

Also the bed was hard. I've reduced the score to "not quite almost like a cruise liner".

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

I'm already out. It takes a whole night to cross the gulf of California by ferry.

Ugh is the site being extremely slow for anyone else?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Haruki_NLI

@Meowpheel Yep, lagging and sometimes getting 503 errors

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Eel

Well at least it wasn't just me then.

I'm used to getting laggy in the site every now and then, but it seems to be happening more often lately.

Bloop.

Haruki_NLI

Just suddenly got a lot of Twitch followers XD

Tyranexx

It's been years since I've been on a boat larger than a pontoon boat. The only cruise ship I've ever been on was nice, though I don't remember too horribly much of it (I was eight). That was the only time I've been out of the US.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Octane

What's wrong with this site?

Octane

Tyranexx

Octane wrote:

What's wrong with this site?

I'm wondering the same thing. I just had a heck of a time posting in the TP HD thread.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Eel

Tyranexx wrote:

It's been years since I've been on a boat larger than a pontoon boat. The only cruise ship I've ever been on was nice, though I don't remember too horribly much of it (I was eight). That was the only time I've been out of the US.

We usually go to "mainland" by plane (it's a peninsula, so we are technically mainland too, but ya know), but every now and then when it's more convenient to take the car with us, we go by ferry. Right now we are carrying way too many gifts for the baby.

It's usually very comfortable... But to be fair this is the first time we use the ferry during winter. Winter makes the sea a bit nastier by default.

At least the food is always good.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Fooligan

Is that cursed music box a gift for the baby?! Why are you doing that to her?!

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Eel

No the demon stayed behind to look after the house.

If only we still had that antique porcelain doll to keep it company...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

@Meowpheel: Daaaawwww, gifts for the new baby! Hopefully there's something game-related, like a blanket?

Eel

Well with her name being Zelda you can bet we have a few game related things for her.

Particularly we found a plush blanket that looks like cartridge of the first game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ogo79

@JohnBlackstar
man thanks for the advice!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Haruki_NLI

So my blind run of Pokemon Crystal (That cant be put on YouTube after streaming because lol blocked worldwide!) is...proving interesting.

Namely I explored up to the Lake of Rage and Olivine City...with no trouble, before even battling Morty or even going inside the Burned Tower, which meant the Rival showed up in Olivine...only to go back to Ecruteak.

Then after clearing the Lighthouse, I went and battled Morty, the 4th Gym Leader. This is where it gets especially weird.

I chose to go to the Lake of Rage. I beat the Lv30 Gyarados, unlocked the Rocket Hideout. They are all Lv16-25 or so by the end of it. So on par with Morty. But you need to beat the Lv30 Gyarados to unlock it....which is odd levelling.

Doing this unlocked the Mahogany Gym, which stops at lv27-31 for the Leader, Pryce.

According to the game, that is the intended 7th Gym, and all the stuff involving the Lake of Rage onwards isn't meant to be done until you have 6 badges.

But if that's the case, why would you be expected to have 6 badges to do a Lv30 encounter only to then be stuck fighting stuff that's below what the 4th Gym had?

But to compound issues further, I was told the 6th Gym Leader, Jasmine, is higher levelled than the 5th and 7th Gyms.

Why does this game have an expected progression like this?

Lv25 max - 4th Gym
Lv30 max - 5th Gym
Lv35 Max - 6th Gym
Lv30 Max - Gyarados
Lv25 Max - Team Rocket
Lv31 Max - 7th Gym

Johto is weirdly designed man. What's sad is...I had no issue doing any of this 7th Gym stuff either.

Eel

Johto is a hot mess when it comes to difficulty. This is because the latter half of it (after Morty) is designed to be "open world": right after getting the ability to surf you could go either left or right without any issue.

Then after you complete both branches, the path to the last area opens.

The regular trainers won't really get past level 30, wild Pokemon stay much weaker.

Then you go to "open world" Kanto and the wild Pokemon there are even weaker. Which just plain sucks because there's no good place to train your Pokemon for the last battle.

It's really hard to keep a full team in these games, and the remakes aren't much better at it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic