Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 17,041 to 17,060 of 96,507

Tyranexx

While at work today, I listened to Linkin Park's new album, One More Light, on Spotify. I was...disappointed, to say the least. The tracks contained almost nothing that I liked. The Catalyst used to be my least favorite album of theirs, but at least there were a couple of songs that I enjoyed off that one. I can't fault them for trying something new, but it just sounded too...generic. The pop elements didn't help.

@SheldonRandoms: I randomly searched Fred Rechid the other day, found a sprite of the guy, and came across your DeviantArt page!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Peek-a-boo

@Vee_Flames I take that you feel indifferent about the global temperature potentially going up by 9-10 degrees by 2100 then? Providing you are not the kind of person who watches Fox News, I also take that you're not aware of the current global dismay at this decision?

Your grandchildren and their children will be experiencing 50+ degrees temperature on a 'normal' summers day in America, thanks to Trump pulling out of the global climate deal.

Even Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-un have agreed to this deal, which speaks volumes!

p.s. Over 70% of Americans support staying in the Paris Agreement.

Emmanuel Macron also invited American scientists and entrepreneurs to come work in France. "To all the scientists, entrepreneurs, engaged citicizens that were disappointed by the US president's decision," he assured them that they would "in France, find a second nation."

"I am calling you: come work here, with us, on concrete solutions about climate," he added. "Tonight, America has turned its back on America, but France will never turn its back on Americans," Emmanuel Macron added.

The newly elected French President is exactly the kind of person the world needs.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

@Meowpheel You're telling me that important issues in today's world, especially with the amount of ignorance on display to said issues, isn't worth talking and educating folks about?

I have no qualms ceasing my thoughts on here however, would you ask me to stop talking about politics if somebody decided to press the big red button, say a 70 year old man-child for example, and launched a nuclear bomb?

Would you then?

Peek-a-boo

veeflames

@Peek-a-boo I'm very well aware of the situation. I don't support the decision, but it's what it is. Not like individual states have already pledged to continue their efforts towards climate change, anyway. AND the resistance towards that decision, in general.
That comment I made was mainly directed to your whole know-it-all rhetoric ("It's been nice knowing all of you" is pretty telling). Especially since this is a Nintendo gaming fansite, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve...

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Peek-a-boo

@Vee_Flames To be perfectly frank, you replied to me like somebody who didn't seem to care about the issue I brought up in the first place. It came across a little bit like this:

Me wrote:

'Hey everybody, a meteor is heading towards Earth tomorrow!'

You wrote:

'Um... okay, I guess.'

Perhaps you could add something of substance (than what you originally wrote) in the foreseeable future?

I'm not a Mr. Know-It-All. Far from it. There's always something new to learn and pursue every single day. I am a school teacher for a living, and I truly believe everybody has their piece to say. Debating is part and parcel of the way the world is, whether it is in person or on a Nintendo fan site as you pointed out yourself.

"We are each entitled to our own opinion, but no one is entitled to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

crimsontadpoles

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Looks like Trump wants to watch the world burn.

Literally.

I doubt that's true. The real reason is probably money. Energy from fossil fuels is considerably cheaper than renewables in the US.

This is why I don't pay much attention to political arguments on the internet. Most of the time, it boils down to people saying "I'm right, everyone who disagrees is evil", followed by name-calling.

And by the way, I think the US should have stayed in the Paris agreement.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Eel

peek-a-boo wrote:

I am a school teacher for a living, and I truly believe everybody has their piece to say. Debating is part and parcel of the way the world is, whether it is in person or on a Nintendo fan site as you pointed out yourself.

This nintendo site in particular is not the right place for this particular subject, but you can be sure that there is a place and time for every kind of debate. The Internet is a huge place with so many outlets, the people who wish to debate be or informed will find them.

They're not chained to this site.

Apathy is to be expected when you repeatedly try to bring a topic to the wrong conversation.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Peek-a-boo

@Meowpheel Fair enough. As you wish!

I am pretty sure I have only ever mentioned something political about three times during my four years here however, if that's one too many times for you to say that I 'bring this subject up so often' then I shall use this opportunity to bring all three - or possibly four - of my political posts to an end.

As you all were.

Peek-a-boo

rayword45

All I want to say is Peek-a-boo is 100% right. We're effed.

No point in debating though.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

-Green-

Has anyone watched videos by Mark Brown? The Game Maker's Toolkit fella.

I found him sort of recently, and his videos have honestly been a lot of fun to watch, and he brings up a lot of good points. He features a lot of Zelda games and seems to be a big fan of them.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

FriedSquid

I might agree with Peek-a-boo and I too am concerned about Trump's decision, but Prof Oak's words echoed....

There's a time and place for everything! But not here.

I tend to come to NL to avoid most political arguments I find on Facebook and the like.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Tyranexx

crimsontadpoles wrote:

This is why I don't pay much attention to political arguments on the internet. Most of the time, it boils down to people saying "I'm right, everyone who disagrees is evil", followed by name-calling.

And by the way, I think the US should have stayed in the Paris agreement.

This summarizes how I feel in a nutshell. I don't mind having constructive, rational debates about stuff like this, but much of the internet doesn't share my ideas on such an approach (summarized well above). How some people respond to thorny subjects on sites like Facebook makes me sometimes wonder what's wrong with the world.

Bottom line though, I'm certain the site's rules don't allow political discussions.

I'm on the site via my laptop right now instead of my phone (which I use 90% of the time on here). I think these autoplay video ads are messing with my phone browser as the text box completely blanks out after awhile if I'm trying to construct longer posts. I even had a few problems just now, and finally had to turn Adblock+ back on. I generally have it turned off on here in order to support the site.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Joeynator3000

Another epic battle featuring Sanya. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

veeflames

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Vee_Flames To be perfectly frank, you replied to me like somebody who didn't seem to care about the issue I brought up in the first place. It came across a little bit like this:

Me wrote:

'Hey everybody, a meteor is heading towards Earth tomorrow!'

You wrote:

'Um... okay, I guess.'

Perhaps you could add something of substance (than what you originally wrote) in the foreseeable future?

Well, the first statement is slightly inaccurate to what was actually said. Allow me to do some editing:

Me wrote:

'Hey everybody, a meteor is heading towards Earth tomorrow! It's been a fun ride with you guys!'

You wrote:

'Um... okay, I guess.'

If you didn't say something along the likes of "It's been nice knowing everybody!" I wouldn't even have responded, jokingly or not.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Vinny

Those were the days... They don't make quality music software like this anymore.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ogo79

kat overload

Untitled
that dont look right to mii

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic