Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 16,401 to 16,420 of 96,507

Tyranexx

I'm really enjoying Bravely Default so far, but it seems to be pretty demanding on my standard 3DS hardware. I have the wireless turned off and the depth slider down to full 2D, and the battery still only lasts barely past two hours before the red lights start blinking.... ._.

@BLP_Software: Is there any way to mitigate some of the effects?

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Luna_110

@Tyranexx

The only thing I've heard is try to not to panic and get someone to move your body. Never been able to try it out myself though - Sleep paralysis always makes me panic, I hate the feeling.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Haruki_NLI

@Tyranexx Nope. Youre stuck there while something watches or moves you, or in my case all of that and a demonic scream in my ear.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FriedSquid

I may have had sleep paralysis before... I had first dreamt that there were people outside screaming and running towards my house, as if they were running from something. I woke from shock but I could still hear the screaming, I couldn't move, and was sort of shaking involuntarily.

Not sure if that was sleep paralysis or I just couldn't move due to shock (I have only woken from a nightmare once or twice in my life), but either way, it's a terrifying feeling...

@Tyrannex I often reflex before falling asleep, too. Most of the time I get the sensation that I'm tripping on stairs and try to keep my balance. Yet, I still know that I'm safe in bed and sleeping... It's weird.

Sure is strange the things our brains do to us while asleep.

@CanisWolfred I'm pretty sure talking to Egyptian goddesses in your dreams is how religious cults are formed...

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Eel

Sounds like that could have been sleep paralysis. Which is nothing more than your body being stuck in a state of deep sleep, even though you're already half awake. Which often causes confusion and terror (hence the nightmares), but it can vary from person to person.

It can apparently range from just seeing geometrical shapes and hearing static, to being visited by the devil itself. But from what I hear, the most common hallucination tends to be the feeling that dark featureless beings are right beside you (or maybe sitting on you), preventing you from moving and saying things you can't understand.

Apparently, sleeping on your back can promote it... Although it's not completely impossible to experience it while on your side.

I've personally never experienced it, or at least I don't think so.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ogo79

FriedSquid wrote:

@CanisWolfred I'm pretty sure talking to Egyptian goddesses in your dreams is how religious cults are formed...

haha
thats how it all starts

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Haruki_NLI

@Meowpheel I have it on my side and back. It really is terrifying. Being moved, things looking over me, screams ringing in my ears. Ugh.

Joeynator3000

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?! >.<
Untitled

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tyranexx

Hmm, that could be why I've never experienced sleep paralysis, then; I commonly sleep on my stomach, though I do rarely sleep on my side.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

CanisWolfred

Tyranexx wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Did any of you have a dream involving a demon that you supposedly had a history with, only to sit down, have a nice chat, learning to accept one another, and then it turns out to be an Egyptian Goddess while helping you get over your fear/hatred of water?

...Just checking...

That's pretty cool, actually. Which goddess? Bast/Bastet, Hathor, Isis, etc.?

Uh, you know, I don't know. I forgot the name as soon as I woke up. It was a feline Goddess, but Egypt has, like...4 of those, last I checked...I know it started out as an anthropomorphic Panther Demoness, though. Maybe it was Bastet?

EDIT: No wait, it was Tefnut. I knew Bastet didn't sound right. I forgot its fur changed colors when it revealed itself as a goddess. Huh.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

FGPackers

I'm lucky i didn't have any kind of problems while sleeping in my entire life, and i sleep both on stomach or on a side (both right & left). But i have to say that one time my mother found me in the middle of the night, while i was on my stomach, but with my butt (can i say it with this word) up in the air with my legs lean on my knees. I really don't know how i did it, don't ask me ahahahahah

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

FGPackers

By the way. Today i turned on for the last time my Wii U to get the weekly Platinum Points through eShop and Miiverse. Now it will go inside its box and i will wait for my Switch to come in just FOUR DAYS!!! It was such a great and underrated console, i will NEVER forget all the great moments that i got with it. Farewell my dear friend, it was a great trip with a lot of great Nintendo content and Nintendo history too thanks to retrocompatibility. Now it's time to move on to the next system, that i think will be AMAZING. Will you guys keep the Wii U running (talking about people getting Switch on D1)?

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Luna_110

Sleep paralysis is common for me when I fall sleep in my couch, since that means I'm in my back. No goddess or devil visits for me, just weird shapes and the feeling of asphyxia, which is terrifying in itself.

@FGPackers I won't get the Switch on day one, but I'll keep the Wii U hooked up when I get it. I have a big backlog on it, plus its the only console that plays Bayo 1 and 2. As long as it has that title, I'm not unhooking it.

EDIT: My country has had pretty bad luck lately. First forest fires, now a mudflow. What's next, an earthquake?

Edited on by Luna_110

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Eel

I don't understand sunny side ups.

Offer a regular person a raw egg and they'll look at you like you're a weirdo.

Offer the same person a well done, fully cooked through fried egg and they'll think you can't cook.

Do they not know that a "properly" made sunny side up is mostly raw egg?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CanisWolfred

Meowpheel wrote:

I don't understand sunny side ups.

Offer a regular person a raw egg and they'll look at you like you're a weirdo.

Offer the same person a well done, fully cooked through fried egg and they'll think you can't cook.

Do they not know that a "properly" made sunny side up is mostly raw egg?

...Thanks for the tip, I was just about to go fry an egg. No Joke. It's practice for a burger I'm gonna make later tonight.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

@CanisWolfred
theres a big mac for that

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Haruki_NLI

They're...steamed hams. Not steamed clams. They have grill marks for added flavour!

ogo79

BLP_Software wrote:

They're...steamed hams. Not steamed clams. They have grill marks for added flavour!

steamed hams, steamed clams,
whenever i can, i steam vans
i even steam cans,
when i get clean i like to steam my hands,
it seems i like steamed yams,
when its time to get mean, then ill steam yer plans,
my man steve even likes to steam because hes the man,
but he doesnt steam more than dan, and dan never ran while he was getting a tan

CanisWolfred wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
theres a big mac for that

I have no idea if you're being serious about that, since it's been years since I've eaten at McDonalds.

oh im as seroius as a heart attack. big mac attack, same difference! stop making me think, it hurts!

the_shpydar wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic