Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 15,361 to 15,380 of 96,243

Eel

I don't see this one being too... Apt for 3/ds gameplay.

You can say "put it sideways", but... Still it seems awkward. I don't see it working too well.

If the thing even has touch, it'll probably be capacitive too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Also, you wanna hear a funny story about a fake game? I went to the flea market and they were selling GameBoy games. One of them was Kirby, so I bought it...

Me being young and stupid at the time, I thought the game was fake, because it only had four levels....I was ripped off....

...No I wasn't, it was really just the first Kirby game...I only played the sequel and thought that was the first game. -.-

@Morph As I said before, they could make it work...Set it up the same way as the DS VC, there's even an option to have both screens sideways for games like Rhythm Heaven. Only game I can think of that would be annoying to play is BiS (or Dream Team if 3DS really does come to Switch at some point), where you'd have to pause the game every time you have to turns the screens over.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Vinny

I think I accidentally destroyed my brother's laptop.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

LzWinky

It had to happen eventually. Just keep your 3DS. No one is forcing you to sell it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tyranexx

Vinny wrote:

I think I accidentally destroyed my brother's laptop.

Physically or digitally? O_o

Anyway, my dream drought finally ended last night. I actually had TWO dreams that I remember. Disclaimer: My dreams make no sense. XD

Dream 1: I had recently bought a used dark green truck at the same lot that my mom bought a new neon green truck (don't ask me why either of us needed a truck since my dad and bro already own their own). For some stupid reason we parked them both at a gas station in the town where we bought them up north and planned to go back for them. I took my car and was going to pick up my truck but still needed to pick up my brother from his job at a different gas station close to where my parents live (which he doesn't work at).

Along the way, I noted that I could see glitched Pokemon GO Pokemon appearing on the road to my parents' place with only my eyes; no phone was required. Anyway, nobody was home so I had no choice but to use my brother. He was being held back late at his job so I had to drive back and prep BOTH trucks since my mom called and said that she'd meet us up there to help pick up the trucks.

I arrive up there in my car and learn that there's a monstrous vampire-like married couple along with the vampire wife's mother who are terrorizing the town. It turns out I'm a secret monster slayer in the region and they had appeared trying to "end" me.

I easily dispatched the vampire mother by locking her in my car and somehow setting it on fire (sniffle ), so she was burning to death. The couple were harder to dispatch, but I finally managed to take them out and decapitate them with a machete. Other than smelling like smoke, I was fine.

I was feeling pretty good about myself until my mom showed up and wondered why my car was burning, and that it was causing smoke damage to the trucks....Not like I could tell her what really happened since my line of work was secret, lol.

I'll cover the other dream in a future post since this is probably tl;dr already.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Vinny

@Tyranexx Physically. When I opened it, one of the screen hinges made a cracking sound. I took a look at it and I saw the left hinge was misaligned. The screen still works normally, but I'm not sure if it was like this before or if it's a serious issue. I've heard of hinges cracking issues before, but on DS consoles.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

Eel

Well, I finally came back home and did some testing with my new bootleg friend. My friend, my curse.

Trying to connect with Pokémon Colosseum results in a "the game has not been saved properly" message on the TV a rather ominous "the file has been deleted" on the gba. Although the file itself is fine after I reset.

I haven't been able to trade with my original gba pokemon games, mostly because they're Ruby and Emerald, and the game won't even let me do it until a certain part of the story, the glimmer of hope here is that it actually goes far enough into it to tell me that. So any interesting Pokémon or shinies I find may find their way into the safety of my original games.

I haven't tried Pal Park, but I assume it would be a similar case as with Colosseum. Since they both try to load the save file from within their own software.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Vinny

So, his laptop was already like that before I even touched it. Everything's alright.

RR529

So, one of our local news stations actually did a story on the upcoming release of Pokémon Sun/Moon as part of their national news segment (they even mentioned the upcoming release of the NES Mini at the end of it).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ZaraIsEarly

So, what exactly is this thread used for? Chit-chat seems quite generic so I wasn't sure what should be posted here and what shouldn't be.

Toys-to-life is life.

My Nintendo: Zara

LzWinky

You post about important things.

You don't post about unimportant things.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ZaraIsEarly

So, we don't talk about politics, but we also don't talk about what someone had for brunch?

Toys-to-life is life.

ZaraIsEarly

How many of you guys watch Alex's videos?

Toys-to-life is life.

LzWinky

I watch some of them

Joeynator3000

Portal_King wrote:

I do, he's funny, though I kinda wished he would read one of my comments in the ask Alex videos. That one time doesn't count because it was when I posted "He's never gonna read one of my comments is he?"...go figure. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tyranexx

Portal_King wrote:

I do occasionally. Alex can be pretty funny, lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TheLegendOfLaser

I've seen some of Alex's videos and I enjoyed them.

"Squirtle!" - Squirtle
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Super Mario 3D World, SSB4, and Paladins.

-Green-

Hey y'all nice to see you guys again. I've been away for a while and I guess I missed all the hype around the Switch around here. How's everyone doing?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic