Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 13,421 to 13,440 of 96,485

Sybella

Socar wrote:

@Sybella: Damn....if I got that 50$ gift card, I could get Birthright and Revelation easily without either getting it from play asia or getting it from my bro.

Oh well, atleast I'm having a fun time with Conquest as of now.

Maybe I can surprise you one day. ^^

Sybella

JunkosBoobies

Meowpheel wrote:

Aspergers is not something you "get", it's something you always had. It's basically a type of autism where the person has poor social skills and a tends to do repetitive stuff, but other than that they should be completely "normal" and capable of managing themselves.

It isn't a debilitating disease, and it should certainly not be a cause for stupidity.

As I'm someone who was diagnosed with aspergers at a young age, this is completely true.

And yep, autism does not equal stupidity. People will use autism as an insult, but if anything, the person using autism as an insult is most likely the dumb one, considering they are the one who seems to miss that.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

-Green-

Anyone else planning on getting Dark Souls 3 when it comes out. It looks so awesome.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

the_shpydar

NotAUsernameHere wrote:

And yep, autism does not equal stupidity. People will use autism as an insult, but if anything, the person using autism as an insult is most likely the dumb one, considering they are the one who seems to miss that.

Honestly, it comes more from ignorance and misunderstanding. It's only relatively recently that more has become known about the autism spectrum (particularly with respect to educating the public about it); for a long, long time, autism was frequently equated with mental retardation, despite the two things being very different from one another. But because of that long association, uninformed or ignorant people still do associate the two.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

JunkosBoobies

the_shpydar wrote:

NotAUsernameHere wrote:

Honestly, it comes more from ignorance and misunderstanding. It's only relatively recently that more has become known about the autism spectrum (particularly with respect to educating the public about it); for a long, long time, autism was frequently equated with mental retardation, despite the two things being very different from one another. But because of that long association, uninformed or ignorant people still do associate the two.

That's true. Still kind of annoying when used as an insult, but hey, what'cha gonna do I guess.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

DefHalan

TomJ wrote:

I'm considering going all Indie as far as playing games are concerned, there are so many great ones out there, for sale and for free! Which means I may also stop buying full retail games at some point, or not buy a bunch of them at least, but not yet, as I kind of am slowly losing interest in them.

That doesn't mean that I'll stop playing certain games like SM64 or Splatoon though!

Humble Bundles and Steam Sales makes it difficult to buy games at full price anymore. I only do it for Wii U and 3DS since I feel like I am getting a more optimized gameplay experience and Nintendo games rarely go down in price. This Nintendo Spring Sale is kinda a joke compared to Steam Sales... but I still want Codename Steam lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Chibita64

Hello everyone! This is Sergio151 coming back!

Way back when, I was on this website as Sergio151. I stopped going onto my account, due to reasons of "growing up" (I still visited this site for the news). After this, I went onto other forums. Unfortunately, the forums I went to were deserted and boring, as many people didn't post often. I came back to experience the love and activity of this site. I am under a different account to start a new life again on NL.

During my time away, stuff has happened in my life. For one, my PS3 crashed and I had to reboot it, losing all my data in the process (I still use it though, to play games or watch Youtube). However, I did get a PS4 for Christmas. Although I don't play with it often, I play games like Parappa the Rapper 2, Grim Fandango, and others.

So anyways, I'm happy to be back here, and I hope to make more memories. See you guys later!

Edited on by Chibita64

Currently playing: J-Stars Victory VS. (PS4), Ms. Pac-Man (PS4), Mole Mania (GB/3DS), Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES/Wii)
Currently watching: Hack My Life, Impractical Jokers
YUGAMI NEE NA!

veeflames

@YoKaiSergio151: OMIGOSH, you're back! Awesome!
Yeah, life happens, but we just have to deal with it. I haven't even touched my Wii U in weeks because of school, and I come here to get my fix of Nintendo... even if I'm not actually playing anything.
So yeah. Welcome back!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

HankLangley

Hey whats going on

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Chibita64

@Doge: Hello Doge! Nothing much is going. Just spending the last few hours of my Sunday before I have to get ready for school tomorrow.

Edited on by Chibita64

Currently playing: J-Stars Victory VS. (PS4), Ms. Pac-Man (PS4), Mole Mania (GB/3DS), Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES/Wii)
Currently watching: Hack My Life, Impractical Jokers
YUGAMI NEE NA!

Akane

@-Red-: I'd be getting Dark Souls 3 had I played the first two first.

I'm currently 15 hours in to Dark Souls 1 on Steam. I haven't been able to play it for a month or two now because a recent Steam update killed support for DualShock 3. So now the only two options are to either use the keyboard (practically impossible) or to buy a X360 controller. I'd rather not do the latter just to be able to play one game.

Vendetta-Strada - A mafia game forum
Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors Legends, Pokémon Shuffle

Nintendo Network ID: NonEgo

-Green-

@Nego: Oh that sucks; on the bright side at least Dark Souls 1 and 2 are both awesome games too.

DefHalan

Well, I applied for a dream job... lets see what happens. It will be difficult for me to get the job since it would require me to move to a new state, but it would be exciting if I got it lol.

DefHalan

@NintendoFan64: Thanks. It is a pretty long shot, but it would be awesome lol.

-Green-

Hey, what's with that gun article today? Don't you guys think it's out of place on a site like this.

Eel

Huh, I'd guess that since it was moded to look like a Nintendo product, it's relevant to the site that covers Nintendo stuff.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

I don't know. It just felt sort of off.

Rumorlife

@-Red-: Just put it next to the "thank god they nuked Hiroshima instead of Kyoto to save our games", "why we can't say smeg on Nintendo systems" and "Links suggests Sex" articles that appeared on here.

Also a slow news day/week.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

-Green-

@Dankykong: lol

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic