Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 13,341 to 13,360 of 96,298

RR529

@Socar, are you talking about paid downloads vs physical copies, or free downloads (with microtransactions) vs physical copies?

If paid download & physical copy, the company would get just as much money from the digital sale as they would the physical sale (probably even more profit, since they don't have to subtract the cost of distribution, the disc & case, and retailer's cut. The only thing they have to subtract from digital profit is for server upkeep).

As for free download (with microtransactions) and physical copy, I'm not aware of any games that are paid at retail & free to download, so it's not really fair to compare.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

@RR529: No what I mean is that....well look at Candy Crush. Now if i'm not mistaken, King makes money with its microtransactions. So the ones that play the games without microtransactions are the ones that King won't make any profit on. So does 1 Billion downloads mean that King made profit for every single download or not since the majority of those downloads are coming from the ones who haven't spent any money for the in app purchases?

Another example is League of Legends where Riot only makes money through its optional in app purchases. So does like 27 million players mean that they have made profit from all of those 27 million players or does it mean so little since only few of them made profit for riot?

Because when a retail game has sold around a million copies, it definitely makes profit for someone like Nintendo because you have to buy it to get it and its not something like the ones who bought these in app items are the only ones that Nintendo made any profit on.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

^If a game sells a million copies it doesn't necessarily make a profit, there's been a few AAA games that sold over a million but end up in the red as the budget for the game was huge.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

RR529

@Sticker, just look at it's URL (the title will still be in there).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

LaserdiscGal

@Sticker

It's best those sort of topics have a swift death, so don't worry about it

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

RR529

Yessss! The Animaniacs are on Netflix!

This is a pleasant surprise, as it's been AT LEAST 10 years since I've seen anyone show it on TV (probably longer). Nice blast to the past.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Socar

arronishere wrote:

^If a game sells a million copies it doesn't necessarily make a profit, there's been a few AAA games that sold over a million but end up in the red as the budget for the game was huge.

No...I'm talking about downloads not selling....oh forget it. |:{

Socar

I just want to say to every SEGA fan that I'm sorry for trolling them here in Nintendolife. I know how it must feel to be irritated by my harsh words towards them......but I guess this apology won't be enough so I'll say my favorite SEGA games of all time here just to cheer you up.

1. Sonic 3 and Knuckles
2. Revenge of Shinobi
3. Phantasy Star 2.
4. Sonic Colors (basically, every solid sonic game I have and its not that many)
5. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
6.Sonic Advance
7. Sonic CD
8. Sonic Generations

And SEGA makes the most addicting music that my ear drums can't stop listening over and over again....something that I wish other devs do more often like Wayforward etc.

I just wanted solid Sonic games and.....I just couldn't get excited about SEGA games anymore.

Socar

@Waluigi: I'm dead serious here....but yeah....I guess no one can take me seriously....

But they seriously atleast they need to make good Sonic games again. If they can make great Sonic games on 3DS besides just ports, I'll be happy.

LaserdiscGal

Socar wrote:

@Waluigi: I'm dead serious here....but yeah....I guess no one can take me seriously....

But they seriously atleast they need to make good Sonic games again. If they can make great Sonic games on 3DS besides just ports, I'll be happy.

I'm just joshing you! I gotta ask though, why isn't Sonic 2 on your list? I personally thought it was better than Sonic CD at the very least.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Socar

@Waluigi: Well....because for me.

• CD is more innovative than Sonic 2.
  • Soundtrack is just too damn good
  • There's a save option unlike 2.

I don't know...I just can't find myself playing 2 after loving 3 which is the definitive of the trilogy.

LaserdiscGal

@Socar Fair enough, it's most likely just better in my head due to nostalgia haha.

LaserdiscGal

Socar

^I got Jet Set Radio for free. Thing is I don't know if my Laptop is powerful enough to run the game smoothly since it couldn't run Valkyria Chronicles properly.

Speaking of which....I just don't understand why SEGA can't port Chronicles on 3DS? I mean STEAM worked (sort of).

LaserdiscGal

Socar wrote:

^I got Jet Set Radio for free. Thing is I don't know if my Laptop is powerful enough to run the game smoothly since it couldn't run Valkyria Chronicles properly.

Speaking of which....I just don't understand why SEGA can't port Chronicles on 3DS? I mean STEAM worked (sort of).

Jet Set Radio is a dreamcast game, your computer shouldn't have an issue running it. Heck my craptop from '07 can play it.

LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

@Socar I've never actually played the series, is it worth getting?

LaserdiscGal

Socar

@Waluigi: Absolutely.....though I'm not sure if you will have the patience to grind so long in Phantasy Star 2 and 3.....and 1 I have no Idea how to get the game seeing that I no longer have the Wii (even if I still have it, I still can't figure out how to get digital currency since I'm around Asia and Nintendo's awareness is a mix bag here.)

Consider this. If you want just the story experience in RPGs and don't mind long periods of grinding even for small progressions, then you have no reason to not get into the series. Again, since the first one is on the master system, I don't know how you can get that without the Wii. But since the four games are interconnected with one another, you might miss out on some story elements. I'm not sure since I got 2,3 and 4 and ignored the first one.

But I think you can safely avoid 3 though.....I mean, as much as I want to stay positive for SEGA, I didn't like it.....its just bland and imo, worst RPG i've ever played.

Personally, I love the artstyle and the story as well as the setting in the series and some songs as well. I gotta admit, I think so far, I like 4 better than the other games as its less frustrating in the grinding aspect and the dungeons and it also has cutscenes...where can you go wrong in that?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic