Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,661 to 12,680 of 96,530

NintendoFan64

@Socar Oh, so NOW you care about the possibility of people losing their jobs!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

jump

Socar wrote:

Oh so you care about the creative people losing their jobs but you don't care if these little things interfere the creativity that has the potential to lose their jobs? what a chap!.

You know, you and are the most annoying users that I hate. For every valid point I make, you mock at me and somehow make the point meaningless. How anyone here is not discussing about UK's crazy law right now is beyond me.

What creative people are losing their jobs? And isn't this going against your normal point of more copyright is needed as Youtube steals other people's work? This doesn't change anything really, fair dealing is still in place the only difference is how long the copyright lasts for, it's not as if it's suddenly you need permission to take a picture of a chair.

Given how you seem to hate most things I'm not worried about you hating me for some reason.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@NintendoFan64: Well since many call me a snob for being happy about it, I guess I have to understand what they feel when losing a job and for that I guess I have to sympathize those people like you guys.

@arronishere: There's a huge difference between youtube copyright and work copyright. Youtube copyright as in let's players who are nearly jobless and rely so much on youtube to make money like Joe from AngryJoe. But the fact that they say that they do the marketing for the games is abysmal because marketing requires more than just one lousy youtuber. If anything, they don't even say nice things about the game they review.

Work copyright as in basic work. Imagine going out for a festival and you as a journalist would want to interview someone and take a photograph but you can't because the place where you take a photo requires a HUGE amount of licenses like the buildings, tables etc which costs 10 times the money that that business can afford whether Independent or from an organization.

I value hard work because the creative people will lose sleepover all because of a stupid law stopping them to create. But a youtuber isn't a hard worker but rather a lazy one. Seriously, some youtubers like Tails Channel just borrow game footage from famous let's players like Cobanermani456. That's sheer laziness. And yeah, you can argue the same with game developers being lazy but since they actually work DAMN harder than these youtubers, no, still gonna say that youtubers are lazy.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Aviator

Socar wrote:

You know, you and @Aviator are the most annoying users that I hate. For every valid point I make, you mock at me and somehow make the point meaningless..

Hate is such a childish word. What happened to the good ones like abhorrent, resent, and loathe. Also, essentially, the reason why you hate me is because I call you out on your crap. If you spent as much time doing research as you did hating YouTubers and SEGA then nobody here would have the need to mock you.

Socar wrote:

I value hard work because the creative people will lose sleepover all because of a stupid law stopping them to create. But a youtuber isn't a hard worker but rather a lazy one. Seriously, some youtubers like Tails Channel just borrow game footage from famous let's players like Cobanermani456. That's sheer laziness. And yeah, you can argue the same with game developers being lazy but since they actually work DAMN harder than these youtubers, no, still gonna say that youtubers are lazy.

Okay first of all. This is not about YouTube. No matter how much you have a hate for YouTubers and how they make more money, hating on Nintendo etc. it’s not even related to anything electronical. What this law is about, is protecting the intellectual properties of designers, physical works.
To quote (look, a source, use it more) the transitional arrangements for the repeal of section 52 CDPA:

The Government wishes to provide the full term of copyright protection for artistic works, whether created as a one-off or industrially manufactured and sold to consumers across the UK. This will be achieved by repealing section 52 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 which reduces the term of copyright protection for artistic works which are produced through an industrial process.

This consultation is aimed at all interested parties, including creators of works of artistic craftsmanship such as designers; rights holders in those works such as licensees; manufacturers, importers and retailers of two-dimensional or three-dimensional copies of those works; and publishers, museums and educational establishments.

So actually what this law is doing is valuing the hard work of creative people because this “stupid law” is giving them the freedom to create.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

GamecubeMan

In regards to the new Smash Direct I thought it was amazing. More importantly I am taken back about the fact that Sakurai and his developer team are some of the most dedicated and passionate developers out there. They have brought so much to the table with Smash 4. It is truely inspirational, not to just game developers but anyone that can admire a good ole hard worker. Thank you Sakurai.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

GamecubeMan wrote:

In regards to the new Smash Direct I thought it was amazing. More importantly I am taken back about the fact that Sakurai and his developer team are some of the most dedicated and passionate developers out there. They have brought so much to the table with Smash 4. It is truely inspirational, not to just game developers but anyone that can admire a good ole hard worker. Thank you Sakurai.

Not sure why this isn't in the Smash thread, but whatever...I'm going to miss Sakurai's Wild Ride .

Edited on by NintendoFan64

GamecubeMan

I really dont feel like opening up the smash theatd because I can guess its filled to the brim with people complaining about the direct....

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

NintendoFan64

@GamecubeMan Don't worry. The reaction in the thread has actually been rather nice!

GamecubeMan

I have seen a couple people complaining about the lack of interesting games recently. Sure, Ultra Tennis and Amiibo Festival are not exactly must have titles but they are still okay games. Also I remember at the end of the Wii life cycle around 2010 until about the 3DS launch the was the biggest Nintendo gaming drought ever. It would not be to far from the truth to say there were no games coming out. At least worth having. So with the Wii U's life ruining out I am glad 2016 will be a year possibly being my favorite year of gaming. All with Nintendo working on the NX in the backround. Currently Nintendo games are meh but there have been much worse times.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

RR529

Some of the changes they've made (or haven't) to the "Resurrection F" arc retelling in DBS are rubbing me the wrong way, or feel like lost opportunities.

1. Why in the h*** was Krillin scared to death of fighting basic Frieza soldiers (who probably have sub-Raditz power levels, since it was mentioned that his current soldiers are weaker than his old ones, who Krillin could easily beat even back during the Namek arc)? I know he hasn't kept up on his training, but it should have been pretty obvious that he could easily beat them, considering even Master Roshi was beating them easily. Anyways, Krillin was always the klutz of the group, sure, but he's never that scared unless he finds himself face to face with the big bad themself.

2. What was the point of bringing Ginyu back, if you're not going to do anything interesting with him? Seriously, he just took control of Tagoma's body (with no discernible effect on the battle itself), and then gets vaporized by Vegeta. Did they really just want to tie up the Ginyu as a frog loose end that badly? Did anyone really care that it wasn't tied up?

3. They should have had Frieza come into contact with both Majin Buu & SS3 Gotenks. I can totally understand why it wasn't done in the film (they have only so much time for stuff), but if you're going to expand upon stuff in the TV retelling, these are the kinds of things you do (not bring back Ginyu for absolutely no reason). Given Frieza's stuck up personality, it would have absolutely hilarious to see his reaction to the silliness that is Majin Buu (especially considering that Buu was one of the things, other than Beerus, that Frieza admits he never wanted to fight). Also, it's infered that Frieza had no idea there were any transformations beyond Super Sayain until he sees Goku transform into SSGSS (he's legitimately shocked anytime anyone other than Goku transforms even into a normal Super Sayain), so having him see Gotenks go SS3 would have been pretty awesome (heck, maybe Gotenks would have been able to keep up with Frieza's lesser forms as SS3. Maybe have him overpower Frieza's base form, and fight evenly with his first transformation, only to get overpowered by his second transformation. This would still put our heroes in the same position they were in, in the movie, as it'd be obvious they'd need Goku/Vegeta's help since even Frieza's second transformation could outclass SS3, let alone his "final" form, and it'd be a cool way to expand the event).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

Fathers are the worst. I don't know why the hell they need to exist. Kids being forced to deal with them especially when those like me are forced to rely on them if they have no other option. Worst part is that they hate their kid doing what the hell they want to do in life.

I hate my parents. I don't even know why the hell I exist to begin with because they are just better off with just one son in mind.

Eel

Well you see, fathers exist because to form a baby you need both the birds and the bees.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Socar

@Morpheel: But the what the hell is the point of even having kids if majority of them just can't let their kids to think but instead those parents force them to do the thinking for them.

I knew that as soon as I got a job, this would end up happening. Not being able to do what I want, forced to have mom's food instead of outside food, every single time that I enter the damn house, that horrible dad of mine has to tell every now and then especially when I'm trying to get sleep during nightshifts.

They won't even let me quit this dream job of mine and instead do something low like like being a garbage boy. And you know, that actually fits because you guys don't value my freedom of expressing my opinions most of the time so the term as me being treated badly should suit you well right because the thought that I don't care about those lazy workers in an entertainment company that don't deliver even proper ports of a masterpiece (look at the reviews that final fantasy 6 is getting on steam http://store.steampowered.com/)
isn't something that I should desire even though finding jobs isn't anywhere as hurtful as losing innocent lives because with that experience they get, they can find jobs. Who asked them to get married in the first place knowing that the company they are working on is a disaster.

Also, again with Konami, seeing as how many employees are stuck with Konami's contracts, there is no way for them to escape from them unless the contracts are expired or if the company goes bankrupt. So the thought of them being free from Konami when it goes bankrupt shouldn't be good news despite their pay being very low because its inhuman right?

jump

Morpheel wrote:

Well you see, fathers exist because to form a baby you need both the birds and the bees.

Rubbish, the stork brings the baby. Have you not played Yoshi's Island?

Am I the only person more excited about the return of Luther than Star Wars?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

RR529

Yay! My 2016 calendar arrived in the mail today. It's a "day at a time" calendar, so it'll be nice to have a little something new to look forward to every day.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ArabPikachu

Accounting yesterday's completion of Python Level 3 class, I've come back. My Python tutor (who left for US military bootcamp) would be proud of me.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

veeflames

So just for fun (and because reasons, too), I decided to go back to the Nintendo Life article detailing the announcement of the 2DS two years ago. Three words: Oh. My. God. The negativity was just so overwhelming, I had to move out of there fast. What's even more funny is that many users were basically predicting the downfall of the 2DS and nitpicking on the self-proclaimed "awkwardness" of the device. My wish is just to see their very faces now after 2 years. Oh, especially the faces if those who said the New 3DS will not exist. 😆
Here's the link: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/say_hello_to_the_nin...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic