Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,641 to 12,660 of 96,323

NintendoFan64

While we're on this subject, it looks like undertale is now going against Melee...this cannot possibly end well.
@TomJ Well, there are a couple of reasons why I like it: the characters are likable, the writing is great, the music is catchy, and it puts a unique twist to the usual rpg formula by adding in bullet-Hell into battles, and giving you the chance to spare your enemies as opposed to killing them. Oh yeah, also, it tries to do a good morality system...and succeeds.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

JunkosBoobies

@NintendoFan64: I guarantee you people will be unhappy if Melee wins, or if Undertale wins. Personally, I hope Melee beats Undertale. I think Melee deserves the award more. Despite this, I won't get mad if Undertale wins, but really, it's very over praised imo. It's a great game, but not the best game ever.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

-Green-

What is this contest about?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NintendoFan64

@Aromaiden Huh? Oh, yeah. Apparently it's too decide the best game ever, and people are taking it too seriously.

-Green-

@NintendoFan64: Sounds stupid.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

RR529

Just purchased my calendar for 2016! I got the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2016 "Day at a Time" Desk Calendar.

My favorite calendar of all time was the 2014 desk calendar I got through Club Nintendo a couple years ago, because I could appreciate it more easily, seeing as how it was always by my side most of the day. Hopefully this will give me the same kind of experience.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

@NintendoFan64: Thing is though, undertale was meant to be for those who are into internet jokes. So something like this to happen is suppose to cater to those who simply like those kind of jokes. Atleast that's what Fox originally intended the game to be.

But Mother and Undertale have one thing in common. We won't get to see more of them ever..... which is sad because these games are one way for players to actually do something different than what a typical RPG has the players to do.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

Heh, its nice for earthbound to leave a legacy for rpgs like this. I don't mind, though I personally would like to see undertale win the game FAQs (at least beat smash melee) Just to see the salt.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

NintendoFan64

@Socar Eh...I don't really see how either one could continue, really (still hyped for Mother 4, though...whenever that gets released.). And, yeah, the internet is strong with this one...and a little bit of Earthbound.
@Captain_Toad YOU FOOL! Do you realize what will happen if Undertale beats Melee!? Panic will be on the streets! Riots will break out! The salt mines will overflow!

@Lastaofpizza Somebody show this Nintendo...NOW!

Edited on by NintendoFan64

Socar

If you guys are already mixed about youtube's copyright policies, then would you also be mixed on UK's new copyright policy?

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/12/you-may-soon-need-...

This is just disgusting in so many ways. Firstly, you may think that this only applies to objects around photos and not on videos and illustrations but the problem here is that illustrations are the first generation of photo's where artist's would normally be drawing poses instead of snapshots back then and since drawing chairs and whatnot might represent brand or heck even if mentioning a specific brand requires a license fee, this could potentially cause problems even for book authors.

Great job Youtube! Not only are you responsible for copyright law that is giving more hate on Nintendo but you also managed to inspire the UK government to put this law into practice! I feel deeply sad for those in UK..... hopefully, they will change their minds about it but I'm doubtful that it will happen.

Aviator

Socar wrote:

Great job Youtube! Not only are you responsible for copyright law that is giving more hate on Nintendo but you also managed to inspire the UK government to put this law into practice! I feel deeply sad for those in UK..... hopefully, they will change their minds about it but I'm doubtful that it will happen.

There is nothing in that article that references YouTube.

You are pulling straws out of think air.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Socar

@Aviator: The idea here is that Youtube somehow managed to inspire UK Government to implement the copyright law further. I meant it as an insult....sheesh.

kkslider5552000

There's been that Gamefaqs contest thing. I don't care. I was gonna make a worthwhile point in a thread that got locked quickly but it basically comes down to:

I feel similarly to Undertale now that I did about OOT in 1998 in a number of ways. It is such a wonderful, dare I say magical experience, that I feel like it's almost insulting to OOT to be so against a game that invoked similar feelings from me.

I mean, the Gamefaqs thing is hilarious and you should feel bad if you waste your time with it too much, but whatever.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Freeon-Leon

While Undertale looks like a fun game I don't think it's THAT good...

"The game has an androgynous protagonist."

"There are multiple gay relationships."

Oh, I get it now.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

jump

I was about to say Socar talks about the same rubbish as Artwark but then I realised they are the same person.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@arronishere: You do realise that I'm not the only one here doing that over here right?

Also, aren't you concerned that this copyright thing is going a bit too far?

Socar

@arronishere: Oh so you care about the creative people losing their jobs but you don't care if these little things interfere the creativity that has the potential to lose their jobs? what a chap!.

You know, you and @Aviator are the most annoying users that I hate. For every valid point I make, you mock at me and somehow make the point meaningless. How anyone here is not discussing about UK's crazy law right now is beyond me.

Edited on by Socar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic