Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,601 to 12,620 of 96,472

RR529

You guys do know we have a movie thread, right?

Anyhow, I watched that Disney short film collection not too long ago on Netflix, and it was pretty good. My favorite shorts:

• John Henry (the one with the guy competing against the train)
  • Lorenzo (the one with the cat being forced to dance with his tail)
  • The Goofy one, just because I like Goofy.
  • the Paperman (the one with the guy trying to get the woman's attention with those paper planes)
  • The Mickey Mouse one where they were jumping inbetween 2D & CGI (really cool effects)
  • Feast (the one with the dog)

There were some shorts I wasn't huge on, but none I'd call bad. The best of them though were probably the best time I've had watching western animation in a very long time (usually much more of an anime person myself).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RetroRider

I've never cried during any Disney Movie.

And I eat a bowl of nails for breakfast.

RetroRider

Socar

@Lastaofpizza: The issue that I have with them is that for every game that they give to Nintendo, it ends up being horrible majority of the time. But when they release games outside of Nintendo, they end up making quality games. Why can't we see Valkyria Chronicles on Nintendo instead of doing a stupid move like releasing it on PSP? Why can't Nintendo also get Phantasy Star Nova if its on Vita?

Sure you can say that Nintendo is good with Atlus but honestly, Atlus makes games that are niche really. Shin Megami isn't anywhere that popular to that of Final Fantasy or even Dragon Quest.

They are literally saying screw Nintendo cause they got Sony and Microsoft.

Another issue I have is the amount of IP that they have are dormant majority of the times. And when they do bring them back, its barely reaching quality. Sure, they aren't horrible like EA, Konami and Ubisoft, but they are close to getting there.

To those that say that Nintendo is in the 20th century, I'd say SEGA should be mentioned instead of Nintendo because while some things like not getting too much into social media and what not, business wise, they do better than what many will take granted as they will lose big time.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Undead_terror

@RetroRider: Untitled Too much manliness!

@Santa...welp...you wasted both of our time...no one ever watch da Star Wars Christmas special! some things were not meant to be seen and is a fail in human history!

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

@Undead_Terror
Don't forget to Stir Whip Stir Whip Stir Whip Whip Stir!

Untitled

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

RR529

Undecided on what I should get for my 2016 calendar.

I'm either going for the Zelda one, or one of the many different swimsuit ones.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

-Green-

Got a new avi :3

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

RR529

If you're in the US and have imported stuff before (games, books, posters, etc.) could you give me a rough estimate of how much the tariff (dues) is when importing from Japan or the UK?

I'm building up some funds on an Amazon account, and have noted that there are some items available from overseas, but still have the same $(Cost of Item) + $3.99 shipping as internally shipped goods. It can't be that simple, can it?

Not necessarily saying there's something I want to import at this specific moment, but it'll be good to know if I ever want to.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

LzWinky

Actually, I've never paid a tariff before on shipments from Japan. I got several Amiibo from there

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LaserdiscGal

LztheQuack wrote:

Actually, I've never paid a tariff before on shipments from Japan. I got several Amiibo from there

Same buying from both Amazon and EBay.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

SheldonRandoms

How tough am I? HOW THOUGH AM I!?!?!

.......I watched the entire Star Wars Christmas special, and survived without trauma : P

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

LzWinky

SheldonRandoms wrote:

How tough am I? HOW THOUGH AM I!?!?!

.......I watched the entire Star Wars Christmas special, and survived without trauma : P

I burned myself on the stove and just looked at the burn. I continued to cook after that.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

00a

For whatever reason you are compelled to this site, yet for the life of yours, you can't imagine why. Everywhere you look you can't shake the feeling that something isn't...right? Is that it? Every shadow makes you turn, hoping to catch a glimpse of...something, anything at all you could used to remember. Suddenly you fall to your knees, tears coming unbidden. But..who or what do you weep for?

TomJ wrote:

Somebody doesn't like a certain game....

This video was funny until he destroyed the Isabelle ambiio. I should have expected this from Chad. He always find a way to piss people off somehow.

I know now, without a doubt, Keyloggery is light!
I make stupid videos

nacho_chicken

TomJ wrote:

Somebody doesn't like a certain game....

I was expecting unbridled rage, but it's actually a hilarious and well-made video with valid criticism.
Oh, and there's melting stuff. That's always fun.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

GamecubeMan

Im glad school is almost over. Hopefully I will finally get a Wii U before school starts up again so Ican play a game I have wanted since the day I laid eyes on it! Meme Run!

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic