Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,301 to 12,320 of 96,490

Socar

@Peek-a-boo: Thing is I used to go swimming to and it worked because I was just a kid at that time. But now I doubt that I'll be able to lose weight. I'll try it out though.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Eat_Pie

Artwark wrote:

@Peek-a-boo: Thing is I used to go swimming to and it worked because I was just a kid at that time. But now I doubt that I'll be able to lose weight. I'll try it out though.

Swimming is effective if it's intense. I used to swim, and all it did was keep my weight in check. After I stopped, I had no other sports and exercise, and my weight kept increasing. I lost all that weight(and more) by basically exercising, and eating a healthy diet that consisted of salad twice a day every day and a bunch of fruits and vegetables. I made sure I had the correct portion sizes and all healthy food(like whole wheat). I ran on the weekends for about an hour(it was around 5 miles for me) each day(and I hated running). I also went on about 45 minute walks. I jump-roped every day twice a day for 15 minutes(30 minutes total in a day). I lost about 5 lbs. a week for a couple months. After that, I could eat whatever I wanted but not in excess and my weight stayed fine. Now, I was a kid back then, but if you adopt at least some of these things, you'll lose weight in a couple months. Sorry for the long post.

TL;DR: Walking isn't effective unless it's for a couple hours. Swimming is only effective if it's super intense. I suggest running and a healthy diet.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Socar

Tomorrow my grandma is staying with me. I hate her. She's annoying, her voice is awful and worst of all, I won't be able to go where I want with her around.

I hate life. I feel that its about to get worse from here on now.

RR529

So, is it common to have a package (ordered from a third party through Amazon) arrive late, or should I be worried.

I ordered a used game through a seller on Amazon, and it's estimated arrival was anywhere from Oct 2 - Oct 20. Today is the 20th, but it hasn't arrived yet.

The seller themselves had a couple dozen reviews, with a satisfaction rating over 95%, just for reference.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Eel

That's just an estimated arrival date. It could very well come before or after.

You can try and see if you can track the package. Or.contact the seller.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RR529

Morpheel wrote:

That's just an estimated arrival date. It could very well come before or after.

You can try and see if you can track the package. Or.contact the seller.

I tracked it last week (Thursday I believe), and it said it was almost here (it actually said it would be arriving ON Tuesday, which is today), but I'll check again later tonight.

I'm hoping our mail carrier didn't make a mistake. I think we've got a new guy, because the mail has arrived constantly late, we've gotten an unusually large amount of wrong addressed mail, and though it wasn't ours, we even discovered a pile of mail dropped on the sidewalk, all within the past couple of weeks.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

@arronishere: Anything that's considered is most likely a will use. Before Satoru Iwata died, he said Nintendo considered merging divisions and now it has happened.

Aviator

Artwark wrote:

Anything that's considered is most likely a will use.

lol nice try.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

LzWinky

Square Enix will probably get several million dollars, then declare it's a failure

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi

So...you all know about the Youtube mobile app, right? How the new update has the worst UI ever? Well, I was running into some issues with the app on my iPad so I deleted it and redownloaded it, and it has the old UI again! It's so weird. The version number on the app says 10.38.5, and on the App Store, it says 10.38.

I have no idea how that happened. It isn't prompting me for an update either, so is Youtube actually planning on reverting back to the old UI and I somehow got a hold of it before it released?

As a test, I did the same thing on my iPhone and it's the same way! So if you have an iOS device, and want the old UI back, try redownloading it!

EDIT: It took a few moments, but my iPad and my iPhone went back to the new UI after closing out the app and opening it again. There has to be a way to keep it the same.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Socar

@brewsky: Youtube itself is annoying major time. They keep changing their UI every month let alone every year, they now make the ad method worse than it was back then they added that "Copyright" claim from let's players and now they made a poor version of an app.

Now they add Youtube Red which worsens the situation. It may not be as bad as it sounds but I'm willing to bet that it will get worse....much....much....worse.

Iggly

Today was pretty weird for me, had my friends run to me after I had lunch and told me that the school was in an real lockdown. Thankfully no one was injured, but school had to end early today due to the lockdown. I suppose this gives me some time finish up some exercises for one of my classes since I haven't been playing much games recently due to the exercises eating up all of my free time.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

KoopaNova

Iggly wrote:

Today was pretty weird for me, had my friends run to me after I had lunch and told me that the school was in an real lockdown. Thankfully no one was injured, but school had to end early today due to the lockdown. I suppose this gives me some time finish up some exercises for one of my classes since I haven't been playing much games recently due to the exercises eating up all of my free time.

Well thank goodness everyone was okay. I've been in two real lockdowns before, but one of them was a false alarm for whatever reason.

KoopaNova

martinskrtel37

why do you have to practice going into lockdown at school?

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Iggly

martinskrtel37 wrote:

why do you have to practice going into lockdown at school?

I dunno, probably so the students and staff could know what to do for whenever an actual lockdown happens at school despite the chances of one happening is very low.

Edited on by Iggly

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Socar

Some members here mock around my opinions big time as if they mean absolutely nothing. Getting sick of it lately.

Socar

@arronishere: Very nice way of putting it. Even though the image can be smaller than that.

Edited on by Socar

veeflames

So my 3DS is showing worrying signs of age... such as a swelling battery (which I can't replace because the screws which fasten the back cover are damaged) and a sticky Circle Pad... which means I have to start looking into a New 3DS XL or something. And just when I was comfortable with the fact that I didn't need a New 3DS. X(
I also have to get other expensive things too, but I want to use my money. Yep, I need a job.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic