Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,261 to 12,280 of 96,481

veeflames

So I went over to my Xbox profile and saw that I've only cleared 4% of RE5. Gosh... I need to play more games.
I can't wait for the holidays, really. Then a) I'll finally have tons of time to play (and try to complete) the countless games in my backlog, and b) I won't feel that guilt of being unproductive since I won't be in school. And I have to be serious about it, too, seeing as my I have to start all over again in Pikmin 3, and I'm thinking of getting a PS4 for Gravity Rush (and numerous other games, too)
Why Splatoon is so addicting, I'll never know... X(

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

ArabPikachu

Taking another break from here due to me taking a class for Multimedia Design certificate studies on Monday.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

RR529

I'm thinking about picking up some PS1 games since the PS3 can play them, & I'd imagine you can get some good games for cheap they're so old (though I definitely know there are rare games I'd never be able to afford as well)...

But, I don't even know remotely where to start, and I have yet to beat any of the three PS1 games I've had since childhood, no matter how many times I return to them (Crash Bandicoot, Contra: Legacy of War, and Gex 3).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Sergio151 wrote:

@RR529

I always had a schedule like this when it comes to PS1 games (doesn't apply to Nintendo games for some reason).

1. Play an easy game and get far into it (e.g. Crash, Gex, Pac-Man World)
2. Stop playing the easy game and play a more time-consuming game and get far into it (e.g. Final Fantasy, MGS, Resident Evil)
3. Stop the time consuming game, return to Step 1 and repeat

I actually find Crash Bandicoot to be quite difficult (though it's a fair difficulty). My biggest problem is the archaic save system (you only get the chance to save every other level, and that's only if you manage to both unlock AND complete the bonus level that you can access in that level). While I can't remember the exact level name, there's this one I get stuck on every time I try to play the game, and this sucky save system ensures I never beat it.

Gex 3 isn't hard, it's just outdated in every way. The lack of camera analogue control is a huge hinderance, and it's very easy to get turned around.

Contra: LoW is just plain hard. The last time I played it I beat the first level... for the very first time ever (on easy, no less), but I can't beat level 2. I have a love/hate relationship with this game.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Peek-a-boo

@GrizzlyArctos: Ah, you have already started Dark Souls II! Well, I do hope you enjoy it, and more so than I did.

As for Bloodborne's lore and letting you make your own interpretation, there is a worthwhile 89 page write-up about the story, and it is actually really, REALLY good! By the end of it, you can still continue to make your own views on things, albeit with a newfound wider breath of knowledge regarding the lore, both before the place was civilised and, eventually, overcome with beasts.

Here we go: - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k7ST7Ysc9I3s6zLXr-DOzWjoA...

It is called, 'The Paleblood Hunt'.

Peek-a-boo

RR529

@TomJ, yes, that's what we have (the slim) and it plays all our old PS1 games just fine.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Socar

I'm upset that Chrono Trigger on Android is terrible port. The worst part is the DRM.....why oh why do companies do such practices? What's the point of it when it really isn't going to do anything better to them? Seriously, isn't checking from play store legit enough for them that the user bought the game legally? Wow, now I understand how it feels for the consumer to being pessimistic about such things in the industry because of how poorly executed it is.

But regardless, I'm happy because I supported Square Enix because Chrono Trigger is such an amazing game. Now I feel bad that I can't play it anymore because of the fact that the port is poorly done and I don't even mind about the control parts.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Socar

@WaveGhoul: The personalities that I hate are the ones that claim that youtubers help Nintendo a LOT when it comes to let's plays and marketing.

jump

Artwark wrote:

The personalities that I hate are the ones that claim that youtubers help Nintendo a LOT when it comes to let's plays and marketing.

Social media/youtube does help with advertising and it's just silly to suggest it doesn't.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

arronishere wrote:

Artwark wrote:

The personalities that I hate are the ones that claim that youtubers help Nintendo a LOT when it comes to let's plays and marketing.

Social media/youtube does help with advertising and it's just silly to suggest it doesn't.

Tell me one game that Nintendo required them to allow youtubers to showcase their upcoming games. None that I can think of and certainly many of them were uploaded by youtubers themselves. The only reason that certain games like Minecraft were popular because of youtube was because minecraft was released at the time youtube started becoming useful. If the game were to be released now, I doubt that it would leave an impact as it does now.

Even so, would youtube really sell that huge copies to Nintendo that much? I don't think so.

Not to mention that the speedrunners and hackers use tools that can't be done in the original game further hurting the value of the game.

EDIT: The only thing youtube does help for games is for indie games to be known because indie developers don't have marketing resources that many companies have.

Edited on by Socar

jump

Artwark wrote:

Tell me one game that Nintendo required them to allow youtubers to showcase their upcoming games.

I don't even understand this question.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Socar

@arronishere: List out the games that Nintendo had struggled to let everyone know of their games coming soon that they had to force themselves to develop a relationship between them and the youtubers inorder to bring that awareness.

Socar

@arronishere: @Tubalcain: Those people were selected because they agreed on the youtube program that Nintendo created. You know? The program that only has specific games for marketing? Splatoon, Smash Bros weren't on that list and yet somehow, they sold well without the youtuber's awareness. Also since sales affect in every region, you have to observe in other territories as well like Japan for instance? And also, the youtubers advertised themselves on the video just so the viewers can subscribe on their channels and nothing else.

Of course that's the whole point of them in the first place, but then they would only do it if they can advertise viewers to get into their channels. How is it that Brainscratch, Game Grumps and Pewdiepie weren't asked? Because they don't like Nintendo's way of doing youtube things in the first place.

Also, this is NOA we're talking about. They can easily work extremely hard on their marketing but simply prefer to do their own thing and not reach to their expectations. They can only do a Mom and Kid Commercial only and not open minded to try out other things like how they did earlier?

But ok, ONE game needed some marketing effort so I'll give you guys that. But the fact that its easily believable that It can sell well without those youtubers makes me want to only say that I half believe it and I half don't.

jump

Artwark wrote:

But the fact that its easily believable that It can sell well without those youtubers makes me want to only say that I half believe it and I half don't.

If [insert deity of your choice] told you Youtube isn't evil and is useful in marketing you still wouldn't believe it. You've rambled before about how you yourself have watched game vids to decide if you want a game or not so I don't know why you are denying Youtube has no bearing at all.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Tubalcain

@Artwark: why to you always think in black and white? It not a zero sum situation!, yes nintendo to some extent doesnt need youtube to sell their product, BUT it will be a big and substantial benefit to them to have a presence in youtube. Whether you like it or not, youtube is already part of the gaming culture.

Tubalcain

Socar

@arronishere: I don't want to argue any further in this topic because there's no point to it because people like you will defend youtubers no matter what reasons I give that I hate them. Also, for the record, I watch videos based on channels that don't want to make any revenue for simply uploading videos.

Edited on by Socar

LaserdiscGal

Let's not have this conversation yet again people.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Socar

For some reason, I feel I want a girlfriend and get myself married. Guess when I'm so used to being lonely, I feel as though I'm the only one around in my own place.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic