Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,241 to 12,260 of 96,490

GrizzlyArctos

@Artwark: You still haven't provided a single example to show what you're talking about, and your argument is becoming kinda incoherent now, to the point where you're just rambling for the sake of it.

Many Youtubers create original content without having to steal content from others, and they spend a lot of time creating this content, writing scripts, editing, filming, and pulling it all together for a video. It's a time consuming process, and these are all skills that could be put into a resume, and they can use their Youtube channel as evidence that they have the motivation and the skill to start something and stick to it, which I imagine could impress a potential employer

Ultimately, if people on Youtube offend you as much as you say they do, then just don't watch videos made by these people.

Yes, I like bears.

LaserdiscGal

Artwark please just grow up man, these pointless battles you keep waging are getting old.

I honestly suggest seeing a therapist to help you with your emotional issues and attachment to Nintendo, it's borderline scary.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Socar

@BinaryFragger: The ones you mentioned are using the copyrighted material as means of making money. Its very similar to playing a song that was composed by the one who made the original song and gets profit on that. Displaying copyrighted materials instead of their own original material like Transformers action figures being displayed without Hasbro's permission.

Now I can agree that Cinemassacre makes original content but if he did that in the first place, he wouldn't be making any more profit if it wasn't for things like the AVGN or Board James which he uses copyrighted material to make him profit. So the day he stops either Board James or AVGN is the day viewers will stop watching his channel and since the two are the most popular in his channel, he has no choice but to keep supporting them. If I'm not mistaken, Youtube only pays channels that have a huge amount of subscribers and Cinemassacre is one of them.

Nintendo or any other company out there can flag his videos if they want. The problem is these products that he uses are not making them profit anymore and as such, they rather leave it instead.

So this itself isn't free advertisement because the companies never wanted the youtubers to do such a thing in the first place. As for Satoru Iwata, many were disrespectful as as soon as he died blaming him for the creation of the Wii U and the fact that he did not make Nintendo go mobile. I can understand that after a month or two, criticism can be given. But to say harsh things at the time of his death is very bad as you want someone who is dead to rest in peace which is something many including me weren't able to do.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

@Artwark

Mention suicide one more time and you're getting a ban, this isn't the place to discuss that.

Seriously see a therapist.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

jump

@artwark go over and re-read what you've just written...you're equating life to only have meaning on the condition it's supporting a business.

I know people who genuinely suffer from depression and have had suicidal thoughts and attempts before, the reasons range from not having the right chemicals in the brain, being raped and being thrown out of their home at Christmas. All of them improved and got better once they started rebuilding their lives, this ranges from their friendships, getting in shape (which pumps those happy endorphins into your body), focusing on education/work etc the common theme is stuff that's not on the internet so I'd suggest just getting out of the house because in all honesty nobody really cares about the rubbish on the internet at the end of the day as it's a silly distraction.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@arronishere: Problem is since I'm working on a game company, that means we also have to argue about this youtube fact whether it makes us business or not since we're launching our first game. That's the problem.

Tubalcain

@Artwark: in that case you have an agenda, your not objective. Your admission that you work for a videogame company who apparently( which i find doubtful) has an issue with yuotube makes you even less credible.

Tubalcain

Eel

Ok... Let's just drop the topic and not get too serious. We don't want to get to point were deleting posts and banning people is an option.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Socar

So right now, I'm thinking whether to get chrono trigger on Android or not. A lot of gamers claim that Square Enix games aren't really that smooth or don't work at all when ported to android. As of now, this is the only way I can support Square Enix so I want to do it.

Shame that Chrono Trigger doesn't have a port on either Wii U or 3DS......

GrizzlyArctos

@Artwark: There is a DS port though that's definitely worth playing. I had no problems with it.

Also I finally finished Dark Souls last night. I really enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say that it's as amazing as other people claim. Definitely a really good game, but I much prefer Bloodborne to Dark Souls. I'm going to dive into Dark Souls 2 next though, so maybe it'll have improved on the original game.

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

Socar

@GrizzlyArctos: Yeah but that won't support Square Enix and I want to support them.

Anyways, have you by any chance raised pandas in a Zoo? Just curious......

GrizzlyArctos

@Artwark: No, unfortunately. My aim is to work with bears in the future, though.

Yes, I like bears.

Peek-a-boo

@GrizzlyArctos: Bloodborne has 'spoiled' both the Dark Souls games for me, purely because the fast paced visceral combat is ssooo much better.

I was one of the biggest (and grumpiest) complainers about the lack of shield and the reduced choice of starting classes, but I was a fool to ever doubt Miyazaki!

Because of this, I am looking forward to The Old Hunter's story add-on expansion far more so than the fully-fledged Dark Souls III.

As for Dark Souls II, it is a good game, but not a particularly good follow-up to the superior original. Far too many humanoid bosses, the new weapon durability is almost always terrible, offers a less cohesive 'world' to explore and there's a couple of areas that is just not very enjoyable to make your way through, whether they are challenging or not.

I would personally replay Bloodborne all over again, ha ha!

Peek-a-boo

GrizzlyArctos

@Peek-a-boo: I've started playing DS2 already, and I'm liking the fact that the character control is a lot smoother now, kinda close to Bloodborne. I've already run into weapon durability problems, and I've managed to break two swords relatively quickly with no way to repair them. I'm enjoying it already though. I'm just looking for more of the same, so I'm happy if it isn't a major improvement on the original.

As for Bloodborne, I love just about everything about it. The gameplay, the setting, the style, the music, the story and how these all work together. I also love the way these games handle storytelling (or rather that they don't tell you the story). Having parts of the lore explained in item descriptions makes it that bit more enticing to explore areas and find as much as possible, and I love that so much of the stories are up for interpretation so that each player can find their own meanings behind them.

Yes, I like bears.

GamecubeMan

Not sure if its just me but I think this thread it more active than the Nintendo Life Chat room. :3

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

@Gamecubeman

Shhhhh we don't have a chat room, you crazy fool.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic