Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,221 to 12,240 of 96,298

Socar

@GrizzlyArctos: Yeah so what. Every time its the same thing these youtubers rant so much on Nintendo. "Nintendo hates youtubers! They hate the way speedrunners and rom hackers upload Nintendo content in wrong ways." Its always Nintendo that these guys can rant so much on. They demand so much of respect that these youtubers claim that they do better marketing than Nintendo and are 10x better than Nintendo.

Now if it were kids acting like this, I can understand but these are grown men that rant like this. And besides, what the point of youtube existing if their policies are so bad to begin with?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Aviator

Artwark wrote:

I can understand but these are grown men that rant like this.

How old are you?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Tubalcain

@Artwark: you want to take down youtube due to some rants about nintendo? Oookay.....are you kid? Cuz if you are that would explain alot.

Tubalcain

GrizzlyArctos

@Artwark: So just because some Youtubers criticise Nintendo (some of them rightly so) for their policies on Youtube, the whole site should be taken down? In that case, your argument lies with those individuals. Look over the internet and you'll find people criticising not just Nintendo, but just about everything. People have the right to do that.

Nintendo is clearly a company that you respect majorly. (I have a great deal of respect for Nintendo too), but it's foolish to think that they have no faults, and it's even more foolish to get upset just because people then point out these flaws.

Yes, I like bears.

Socar

@Aviator: @Tubalcain: Atleast I don't rant about a game that I don't like and force others to agree on my opinion. And its not just rants but rather how much these youtubers are making various companies look like fools. Unless a company like Konami does things no one ever wanted them to do, why complain so much on Nintendo so much and give huge lectures on their flaws that may not even be flaws to begin with?

I also hate how these people are so lazy that they can't find a job. It kind of hurts because the people that do work so hard doing ACTUAL jobs are taken a joke because these LAZY youtubers just do a let's play channel, either do something funny or deliver something meaningful and that's that. They get paid. I'd rather pay a gamespot reviewer than a youtuber because the former had experience and has a resume for his work whereas the latter doesn't.

Tubalcain

@Artwark: oh snap. Sounds like someones just jealous.

In all seriousness, you dont see the insanity of your thinking? Youtube is not just about video games. Its a video hosting site, it has more to offer other than your very restricted interests. If you want to take down youtube does that mean you also want to take down all other video hosting sites? Because they are basically the same just that youtube is the biggest of them all.

Alsowhy so emotionally attached to companies. Geez man, if you have time to hate other people for posting things against nintendo on youtube to the point that you yourself are ranting about other peoples rants, you may want to reasses your life because its just vidja games.

Tubalcain

LzWinky

Oh geez...

Artwark wrote:

@Aviator: @Tubalcain: Atleast I don't rant about a game that I don't like and force others to agree on my opinion.

So...who does?

And its not just rants but rather how much these youtubers are making various companies look like fools.

A bit extreme...but...

Unless a company like Konami does things no one ever wanted them to do, why complain so much on Nintendo so much and give huge lectures on their flaws that may not even be flaws to begin with?

Ah, so you want us to agree with you and just ignore the flaws they point out? This sounds like hypocrisy to me.

I also hate how these people are so lazy that they can't find a job.

I once said the same thing, but then I realized that there are people called freelancers and comedians.

It kind of hurts because the people that do work so hard doing ACTUAL jobs are taken a joke because these LAZY youtubers just do a let's play channel

So what are your thoughts on Youtubers who do original content, music, etc. Are they lazy too?

either do something funny or deliver something meaningful and that's that. They get paid.

Which, funny enough, some people exactly do for a job.

I'd rather pay a gamespot reviewer than a youtuber because the former had experience and has a resume for his work whereas the latter doesn't.

Uh, this reeks of petty hatred. First of all, you don't need a resume or experience to do a good job. Second, you're not paying the youtuber anyway. Third, you seem to have a one-sided agenda against Youtube, and your posts are showing it greatly.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Aviator

LztheQuack wrote:

I also hate how these people are so lazy that they can't find a job.

I once said the same thing, but then I realized that there are people called freelancers and comedians.

Feel the burn.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

LzWinky

I was always curious as to the definition of a "real job" anyway. If you perform a task and make money out of it, is that not a job? For that matter, does it really matter if it's a job or not?

I used to have a negative view about Youtube, but lately I've taken a neutral stance. PewDiePie making millions doesn't change my life in any meaningful way.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tubalcain

@LztheQuack: yeah I totally agree, I'm a lawyer but I do also make some money making webcomics. I actually prefer doing the latter job more than the former. both of them are jobs despite the fact that I don't have a degree or other credentials to back up my job as a freelance artist. its very narrow minded of people when they equate a Job as = employment, uni or college degree, regular salary etc etc.

Tubalcain

jump

Artwark wrote:

They demand so much of respect that these youtubers claim that they do better marketing than Nintendo and are 10x better than Nintendo.

People in this very forum do the very same thing, should this forum be banned as well?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@Tubalcain: @LztheQuack: Funny because this is very similar of how my brother wants to live life by just repeatedly doing countless Phd's and not getting an actual job.

Even when you look outside of games, majority of them simply do research that many won't do research on and when they post facts that no one cared about, that's when the channels get more views. If a fat guy talks, no one will listen to whatever he says because his obesity is all they want to keep watching and its for that reason that he gets a lot of views.

Youtube is treating you like a Hollywood star or something where these people most of the time act like show offs.

jump

^ Dr Freud says you have missed place anger issues towards Youtube.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Tubalcain

@Artwark: (sigh) sorry dude, dont have the power to comprehend what you just rambled about....

Tubalcain

jump

Tubalcain wrote:

: (sigh) sorry dude, dont have the power to comprehend what you just rambled about....

Basically people on Youtube are cool so he hates them.

Maybe I'm remembering it worng but didn't @Artwark a few months ago create and put up a vid on Youtube?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Tubalcain

@Artwark: okay, so i read your comment again. Not sure if im getting you or not but here i go.

So for you, if i quit my job right now, somehow make money from making youtube videos, for you im now a useless show off? That its not a job?

Tubalcain

Tubalcain

@arronishere: thanks man, the first time I read, all i saw were the word Phd, fat guy, obesity, hollywood, show offs. Kinda weird set of words there

Tubalcain

Socar

I made a video to pay my respects to Satoru Iwata and Hiroshi Yamauchi. If those videos is something you want them gone, I'm fine with that.

@BinaryFragger: Years of experience editing videos eh? What about years of copying original content from those who did years of research and development on and making revenue on that? What about composers who despite having health issues have made songs that are considered classics now and someone who replays that song with a twist and gets profit for that as well? Granted, it doesn't happen like that but in the case of SEGA where they did make profit, yeah that's bad. The fact that many know how youtube works so they upload copyright work and upload them as means of others watching them without any authority. That's fair?

And you still want to defend them? You still feel that their entertainment is 10x better than what Robin Williams had to offer? If so, then you are emotional over these youtubers just like how mentally emotional I am to these companies.

Tubalcain

@Artwark: thanks man. This whole thread is entertaining already as it is but when I got to the part of robin williams, i literally laughed loudly hahahahaha WTF man? Seriously... I cant... I just... I cant.. Uhhh

Tubalcain

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic