Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,101 to 12,120 of 96,298

Eel

The "drone" my dad bought online came today... It's more like a small toy with no camera and short battery life... He'll be disappointed.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RR529

For the past few days I've been trying out the forums in NL's sister sites.

The Push Square community is small, but dedicated and well rounded (reminds me of the atmosphere NL kind of had when I first joined, but even a bit smaller & close knit). I really like it, but I feel like kind of an outsider since I haven't played anything PS related since InFamous last fall (& nothing since the days of PS2 before that).

Pure Xbox on the other hand, is a pure ghost town. The entirety of their forums section is lucky to get one or two posts a day, and those are usually by mods (I did start a thread for Zone of the Enders HD Collection, since that is what I'm currently playing, and thanks to regular updates, it has gotten a few extra comments, but other than that, the forums are pretty dead).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DefHalan

So for a while I have been thinking of getting into remote controlled helicopters. Does anyone here have experience with them and maybe know of some good beginner models?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TOUGHDUDE94

Dose anyone think that there is no club Nintendo replacement.We where suppose have news on it by now.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Socar

Today has depressed me a bit after watching recent news of some idiot killing three members of the family and when asked why he did it, he blamed it on games.

This upsets me because If the game designers ever heard of such things that their own creations have cause innocent lives, they will be depressed more than the killers. They thought this element would be fun for the game and yet that element turns out to be something he/she didn't expect. I feel the pain that game creators and companies have to go through because I'm sure none of them ever meant to do it so to make gamers become killers. Whether games are good or bad, a game designer makes it to give players an experience that can't be done in the real world. Guns may be a subject to argue about this subject but if the game is fun and makes the experience fulfilling for something that the player will obviously never experience in real life, can you blame the game designer for that? Can you blame Tom Clancy for Splinter Cell's use of guns? Can you blame Shigeru Miyamoto for using swords in Zelda? Can you blame Satoshi Tajiri for making PETA misunderstand the meaning of Pokemon?

I understand that governments are only concerned about the safety of the citizens around the world, but at the same time, looking into the entertainment media as means of realizing that consumers are exposed into that world is something that I want the government to analyze carefully because there has to be something that caused such murders. It just can't be a gun in a game.

I hope game designers don't have to feel bad for the loss of lives because of those who killed them by getting exposed to the games the game designers have made. I know consumers can never understand the pressure a game designer feels when making and releasing a game because the perspective of a consumer is different than a game designer.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

GrizzlyArctos

@Artwark: Playing a game is not going to be the sole factor that causes someone to murder. There are going to be underlying causes in that person's life that will have influenced them rather than just killing someone after playing a game. Game developers have nothing to worry about in these cases.

Yes, I like bears.

Iggly

Got to participate in the Runbow Fan Fighter, it had a lot of crazy matches. Soon you'll be able to watch me fail once Alex uploads the video lol.

Edited on by Iggly

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Socar

@GrizzlyArctos: I am not sure about that because I heard one game designer who felt bad about making a violent game in the end and he quit his career in gaming because of that.

And even if its false, why are these politicians blaming the games majority of the times? Why are a lot of these games being banned? I'm positive that the developers will be sad if they can't see the players experience the games they made if they get banned like that for no reason.

LzWinky

RR529 wrote:

For the past few days I've been trying out the forums in NL's sister sites.

The Push Square community is small, but dedicated and well rounded (reminds me of the atmosphere NL kind of had when I first joined, but even a bit smaller & close knit). I really like it, but I feel like kind of an outsider since I haven't played anything PS related since InFamous last fall (& nothing since the days of PS2 before that).

Pure Xbox on the other hand, is a pure ghost town. The entirety of their forums section is lucky to get one or two posts a day, and those are usually by mods (I did start a thread for Zone of the Enders HD Collection, since that is what I'm currently playing, and thanks to regular updates, it has gotten a few extra comments, but other than that, the forums are pretty dead).

@Tasuki definitely has his hands full on Push Square.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Socar

I'm curious. How does a Japanese person get a job as a Game Designer. You don't see the topic Game Design in any of the Nintendo games but rather you see Director and Programming.

When I've read facts about Satoshi Tajiri and Junichi Masuda, I sometimes wonder who actually made Pokemon in the first place.

NintendoFan64

I feel like I have a problem with procrastination. I just keep putting things off until the very last minute. It is not good.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Iggly

School starts tomorrow for me, I'm gonna miss being able to wake up late without consequences. Though it kinda feels good to be back since I haven't been doing anything productive for the whole summer other than playing games and watching anime.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Hendesu

So yeah..............Miyamoto is Bowser jr mother.........how is that possible? I know that Bowser isn't real or any video game character, but the thought of it.......it's just wrong.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

NintendoFan64

@NightmareEater I think it's more like he's the one who created Bowser Jr., so in a way, he IS Bowser Jr.'s mother. But yeah...the mental images...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

adamsandlersmovi

theres going to be an eclipse on sept 28 2015 and adam sandlers new movie called "the ridiculous 6" comes out tommorow thats why i made my name that

adamsandlersmovi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic