Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,041 to 12,060 of 96,503

Araquanid

I'm working on a 3000 dollar PC desktop build currently. I went completely overkill with the graphics cards and 32 gigs of RAM. (Originally I was going further with 124 gigs! but at that point I figured the computer would run dry before I even use 32 in ten years..)

Right now I just have the powersupply and case.. the CPU is up next after I get a static cable.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Socar

@Cyber-BLP--: Mine is inferior to that of a console so I'm considering to get a powerful Laptop to get my hands on some games like maybe Witcher 3 or Devil May Cry.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@Artwark: Mine is superior in some respects and inferior in others. Guess that's the downside to buying in this cycle. It'll be a year or two yet before I need another laptop do what I need to do. And by that point PC gaming will be further ahead still. Plus consoles just work out cheaper the way and when I buy them.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Araquanid

Laptops don't run games as great as desktops (generally speaking) due to having smaller graphics cards and less RAM. They can handle some games, but most designed for the power of a console (ROMs, big titles like GTA, etc) will run with lower framerate. There's also the biggest reason (and usually the most prevelant) which is the wireless internet connection speed.

The CPU also can make a big difference with the preformance. Intel i3 (one of my laptops) runs alright, but lags a bit when playing games like minecraft, and tf2 crashes often. My intel pentium has very low framerate and lags with a lot of things as well as renders extremely bad, but it is a tad bit faster with games. I think that might have to do with how much newer that computer is however.

Usually the rule of thumb is staying in the CPU range of intel i3, i5, or i7, with i7 being the best at the moment. With laptops, they usually are built around that CPU with better motherboards for better RAM and graphic cards. Desktop can fit more things in it though for better preformance.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Socar

Doge wrote:

but hey, that's the world today. You can get shot anywhere, just gotta not worry about these things and be prepared for when they do happen.

So I don't get this. Its wrong to wish about getting killed but at the same time, you expect them to get killed? That's like saying that you have to live because otherwise, others lose hope that they can live longer?

Joeynator3000

...So what's this Youtube for Gaming like? Is it just Youtube, but filters everything from the gaming videos or something? Also has anyone streamed on there before? Was thinking of giving that another try since my internet is better, but Twitch sucks, so...may as well try it out on Youtube.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Araquanid

Artwark wrote:

Me, not doge wrote:

but hey, that's the world today. You can get shot anywhere, just gotta not worry about these things and be prepared for when they do happen.

So I don't get this. Its wrong to wish about getting killed but at the same time, you expect them to get killed? That's like saying that you have to live because otherwise, others lose hope that they can live longer?

No, I didn't mean people should get killed, I meant people can't go walking around in fear perinoid about something bad happening. It's like walking around the mall and every minute you're perinoid a tornado will land on a sunny day. Using the same logic, you can't go around worrying about getting shot everyday, it'll drive you mad and turn you into a hermit.

You just don't wish for or worry about these sort of things, you just live as you normally would. Just be on you guard for anything suspicious and be ready to take evasious action.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Socar

@MegaBeedrill: I could agree on you with that. But most of that has to be the security's problem. If you're going to a library and someone had a gun, who's to blame? You or the lack of security? Obviously the latter and what happened at the Championships is dare I say, lucky. Because if they didn't post themselves on Facebook, the massacre would have happened and that could make Pokemon something like Doom where now the ESRB might think of banning Pokemon because of this.

The security needs to improve big time. I don't mind waiting for hours on a line as long as its safe. Its irritating yes but for safety wise, its worth it. Personally, I've gone to places where there's lack of security and its because of that reason, people around them get injured easily and mind you, its not massacres but the common car accidents and whatnot. In my home, law is barely practiced so guys like you should actually consider yourselves lucky that law is practiced a LOT even though most of them don't make any sense.

Araquanid

@Nazo_no_Hikari

Thats a good laptop, I'm jealous if you got that.

I'm planning on making a ton of videos and doing livestreaming in the future, it might not be necessary for i7, but since this is a build meant for the long run I might as well perfect it while I can instead of have regrets later. It can only improve right?

Artwark wrote:

@MegaBeedrill: I could agree on you with that. But most of that has to be the security's problem. If you're going to a library and someone had a gun, who's to blame? You or the lack of security? Obviously the latter and what happened at the Championships is dare I say, lucky. Because if they didn't post themselves on Facebook, the massacre would have happened and that could make Pokemon something like Doom where now the ESRB might think of banning Pokemon because of this.

The security needs to improve big time. I don't mind waiting for hours on a line as long as its safe. Its irritating yes but for safety wise, its worth it. Personally, I've gone to places where there's lack of security and its because of that reason, people around them get injured easily and mind you, its not massacres but the common car accidents and whatnot. In my home, law is barely practiced so guys like you should actually consider yourselves lucky that law is practiced a LOT even though most of them don't make any sense.

Nah, pokemon won't get shutdown for this. That'd be like shutting down batman because of what happened at one of the theatres.

I do agree security measures need to buckle down, I mean.. you can't get that much more secure tbh. If you have the government monitering everything to catch criminals like these.. it opens gateways for hackers to access their computers (just happened this week as a matter of fact), while simple metal detectors and the like don't protect what happens in the parking lot/drive by shooting.

I do think they need to consider illegalizing specific guns from possession.. a low caliber pistol is managable, but a rifle can just spray bullets everywhere. I don't know why we can legally supply rifles.. it's like giving everybody flamethrowers.. "what could go wrong?"

We're (America) meant to have the right to bare arms for self protection, yes, but baring arms shouldn't include overkill weapons that only should be used in the military.

My Shinies

RR529

I feel so stupid.

I haven't been able to play any of the Square Enix RPGs I have on my tablet since the spring, because none of them were getting past the online check-in screen (it's part of an anti-piracy measure). Naturally, I assumed the issue was on SE's side, and even after emailing back and forth with them a bit, the issue couldn't be resolved, until today...

When I woke up, I noticed that the date on my tablet was wrong (it was a day ahead for some reason). Once I put in the correct date, the games started working again.

Looks like I'll finally be able to beat DQV now.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoFan64

Okay! School is starting on Tuesday! Time to start getting up at 6:15 in preparation...Yay?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Haruki_NLI

I'm absolutely off my face on booze! Thank you NintendoLife commenters for completely ignoring a story for over 200 comments, fighting with yourselves and giving me another reason to indulge in my "When will they just shut up Drinking Game".

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

LaserdiscGal

Cyber-BLP-- wrote:

I'm absolutely off my face on booze! Thank you NintendoLife commenters for completely ignoring a story for over 200 comments, fighting with yourselves and giving me another reason to indulge in my "When will they just shut up Drinking Game".

That's why I avoid the main page, I swear it's worse than youtube comments sometimes.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

LaserdiscGal

@Morpheel he's referring to the current Shovel Knight Amiibo thread.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Jazzer94

Morpheel wrote:

Erm... What?

It's bad to have a differing opinion and not be 100% on board with a Nintendo related situation, that's what.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic