Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 12,021 to 12,040 of 96,243

NintendoFan64

RR529 wrote:

Just a question. Is App Trailers legit, and do you absolutely have to sign up using Facebook?

It's an app on the Play Store that lets you earn points for watching movie & mobile app trailers, and you can supposedly exchange said points for gift cards.

It seems like half of the reviews love it, while the other half scream "scam" (and of course, only the most pleased or p***** users will take the time to write a review, usually), so I'm looking for an opinion I can trust.

I wouldn't even bother with it. Sounds like a scam.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

NintendoFan64

Anyways, this talk of scams reminded me of something that happened recently: My mother got an email from a charity. They said that they would give her 3 million dollars, and all my mom would have to do is give them her bank account...okay, aside from the fact it's obviously a scam, how would giving some random woman 3 million dollars HELP their charity? Isn't the main goal of a charity to GET money?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

SuperWiiU

Drowsy wrote:

Nazo_no_Hikari wrote:

Can anyone look and judge at my PC build? I'm planning to build it at 2018...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/M2xrjX

Pretty good, but 8gb of ram might be a bit too low especially in 2018. And this is personal preference but I despise wireless keyboards and mice and in my experience wired is more responsive.

Agreed on both. And the processor is a bit light for 2018 too. Get a recent i7 instead.

Socar

Ok.....look. I've asked this a while and nobody's interested to discuss it further and since this is irritating my mind a LOT, I want to spit it out now. It seems that no one here is able to admit the flaws that Masahiro Sakurai has and yet somehow, most of you guys simply hate the way Shigeru Miyamoto does things today's standards. For crying out loud, Pikmin 3 and the new Star Fox Zero are the only things that he's hugely involved in and for the rest of what's he's been doing as of now, He's just the general producer of the games being worked on and nothing else. That and that he's running Nintendo along with Genyo Takeda. Ruining Sticker Star is such a lie because he only gave a suggestion not an order. And now, insulting him that he's not really that important now is such an insult. But Sakurai-San? He's a genius all of a sudden?

He works as a freelance game designer which is far risky than being a freelance composer. If he were to make a game for Konami or SEGA, he'd be screwed as hell because of how these companies treat workers badly. SEGA may not be as harsh as Konami but their development schedules are terrible that will just force Sakurai-San to risk even more of his health. If atleast being a composer, that makes sense because you're known for your quality of music and companies do understand that a lot.

And I don't get the praise he gets. How is Uprising a well-crafted game? Did Famitsu just gave it a perfect score because of him being the main founder of Famitsu? If I were to give a rating, I'd give it a 25/40 at the very least. Yeah, that score is based on four reviewers and all but I'd rate it like that anyways regardless. Yeah, its quality and this is one of the only impressive games to look at the 3DS. But the control scheme is pretty much telling you to get use to it else you can't enjoy it. Even with customized controls, its pretty much asking you to use the default inorder to go to higher levels.

Well......atleast he made Kirby, I'll give him that.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

We get it, you hate uprising. Everyone is entitled to an opinion so stop getting upset when it doesn't match up with yours.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Socar

@Darth_Vader: But that doesn't answer how Sakurai-San's philosophy is far better than Miyamoto-San's right?

Also I'm trying to understand the praise he gets when he's not done much compared to Miyamoto-San.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

@Artwark: It doesn't matter how much work they have done, what matters is if he has created memorable games. One philosophy is not better than another, they are just different. You have your opinions on certain developers and other people have their opinions. People even have opinions about other people's opinions. There is no right or wrong answer. People like Sakurai for the work he has done and people like Miyamoto for the work he has done. People also dislike them for work they have done. It is just opinions and preferences.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

GrizzlyArctos

Artwark wrote:

@Darth_Vader: But that doesn't answer how Sakurai-San's philosophy is far better than Miyamoto-San's right?

Also I'm trying to understand the praise he gets when he's not done much compared to Miyamoto-San.

Comparing him to Miyamoto is pointless. Miyamoto has been in the industry longer than Sakurai, so of course he's done more. Sakurai's achievments on their own are enough for him to deserve praise. Also, as far as I can see, you're the only one comparing Miyamoto and Sakurai. No one else. (Of course, I could be wrong about that though.)

Yes, I like bears.

OneBagTravel

Hey @Darth_Vader I see you locked the thread about Nintendo Power. I'm super confused how this forum works and I even read the forum rules. I get that creating multiple threads about the same topic isn't tolerated but bumping a thread already created on said topic should be okay. So where should I go if I'd like to talk about a topic such as Nintendo Power? Should I even use the search feature to find topics? Some clarity would be helpful.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

OneBagTravel wrote:

Hey @Darth_Vader I see you locked the thread about Nintendo Power. I'm super confused how this forum works and I even read the forum rules. I get that creating multiple threads about the same topic isn't tolerated but bumping a thread already created on said topic should be okay. So where should I go if I'd like to talk about a topic such as Nintendo Power? Should I even use the search feature to find topics? Some clarity would be helpful.

Threads are dead after a year, unless they are game specific (this is so people don't reply to users posts from forever ago and cause confusion). Feel free to make a new Nintendo Power thread if you'd like

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Araquanid

Sometimes if I don't post in one section of the forum often, I feel like an outsider. Mostly because there are many new faces and a lot of old ones I used to get along with disappeared or don't go in that part of the forum either.

Example being this thread, I knew a lot of good guys who would post in here, but they have disappeared, and a lot of the new discussion, I feel too out of place to hit the reply button for, or don't really have anything casual to say. Anybody else feel that way sometimes?

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Sometimes if I don't post in one section of the forum often, I feel like an outsider. Mostly because there are many new faces and a lot of old ones I used to get along with disappeared or don't go in that part of the forum either.

Example being this thread, I knew a lot of good guys who would post in here, but they have disappeared, and a lot of the new discussion, I feel too out of place to hit the reply button for, or don't really have anything casual to say. Anybody else feel that way sometimes?

I do, especially when it's a topic I don't know much about, or don't really have anything to say.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

HankLangley

It's freaky knowing i was a pokemon world champs saturday, and then next day saw the massacre news article

Edited on by HankLangley

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Araquanid

@ZeroZX-Dev:

You know, I was googling a "FeelsGoodMan" image to post in response to that.. but then I soon realized my safe search was off and cancelled that instantly..

Untitled

Doge wrote:

It's freaky knowing i was a pokemon world champs saturday, and then next day saw the massacre news article

I always did want to attempt a VGC tourny (no ride, distance of locations, etc. I've beaten a couple top ranked VGC national attenders before.) but that event does make me a little less interested in trying...

but hey, that's the world today. You can get shot anywhere, just gotta not worry about these things and be prepared for when they do happen.

Can't be a hermit crab or social butterfly these days. Pretty depressing generation to be in honestly.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

My laptop cost more than a PS4. It cant run the PC Version of Sonic Generations. PC gaming is cheaper in the long run certainly, but I'll just stick with consoles.

Plus the PC version of the game costs more! XD I see the benefits, but I'm not made of money. Now amiibo, I'm all over that.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic