Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 11,741 to 11,760 of 96,243

MsJubilee

@Morpheel: How about i just change it? And we all forget i ever had it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Eel

That would be the better option.

Please, keep in mind that if a picture in its whole is not appropriate for the site, then it's definitely not appropriate as an avatar either, cropped or not.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Yoshi

Oh man, my upstairs neighbors are having another fight. Where's my popcorn?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

nacho_chicken

Morpheel wrote:

Please, keep in mind that if a picture in its whole is not appropriate for the site, then it's definitely not appropriate as an avatar either, cropped or not.

Brb, changing avatar to the face of Michelangelo's David. /s

Though I hesitate to actually post a picture of it to avoid seeming antagonizing, apparently exposed breasts and genitalia are "E for Everyone" according to the ESRB, as long as it's on a piece of art. See: Animal Crossing

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

TylerTheCreator

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Let's just make a list of all the awful things that've come out of the internet... cyber bullying...

I don't get how cyber bullying is a thing. Just walk away from the screen. Close your eyes.

Just my two cents on it.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

nacho_chicken

TylerTheCreator wrote:

I don't get how cyber bullying is a thing. Just walk away from the screen. Close your eyes.

Just my two cents on it.

Some stuff goes far beyond school-style bullying. Doxing, for one.

Perhaps what you're failing to notice is that a fairly large portion of people operate primarily on feelings and personal experiences. The majority of forum-going internet users are rationals, I.E. they operate primarily on logic (myself included). There's a great divide in the way these types interact, especially with relative anonymity being a factor.

Those who are adversely affected by cyber-bullying can turn off the screen and close their eyes. Then all they see is "GO KILL YOURSELF". It must not be a pleasant thing to be on the receiving end, but you can't assume it'll affect everyone the same as it does to you.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

TylerTheCreator

nacho_chicken wrote:

Those who are adversely affected by cyber-bullying can turn off the screen and close their eyes. Then all they see is "GO KILL YOURSELF". It must not be a pleasant thing to be on the receiving end, but you can't assume it'll affect everyone the same as it does to you.

If someone sends you a message on Facebook telling you to kill yourself, you can just walk away and do something fun and forget about it. The people who it severely affects are people who dwell on it or stay on the Internet. Or, both.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

jump

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Let's just make a list of all the awful things that've come out of the internet: 9/11 jokes, Ebola jokes, fanboy wars, trolling, cyber bullying, the God knows how many people who've committed suicide due to cyber bullying, internet scams, viruses, swatting (for those who don't know, swatting is when you call the SWAT team on a Twitch streamer that you don't like...people do that because they think it's funny...let that sink in.), the list just goes on!

You've also left the privacy erosion of the internet, there is a reason why Facebook, Google etc make around £350 on a person a year and the goverments have made whistle blowing against them illegal now that it's so cheap for data memory. Now where's my copy of Nineteen Eighty Four...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

LyIa

I'm back. I've come to the realization that I'm more likely to come back to this site the more depressed I am.

On the argument about the internet going to suck in the future, I'm pretty sure this is the rock-bottom and it's only going up from here. The internet is /the/ youngest form of media/communication. We don't have much security yet. When the internet matures, we'll probably see more security. Maybe a little less freedom, but no one should have the freedom to harm some stranger on the internet.

all men are kings 👑

jump

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

I'm back. I've come to the realization that I'm more likely to come back to this site the more depressed I am.

On the argument about the internet going to suck in the future, I'm pretty sure this is the rock-bottom and it's only going up from here. The internet is /the/ youngest form of media/communication. We don't have much security yet. When the internet matures, we'll probably see more security. Maybe a little less freedom, but no one should have the freedom to harm some stranger on the internet.

Unlikely since the US goverment where the likes of google, facebook, twitter are based are purposely keeping the restraints on the internet low, one because the social media companies are spending alot (hundred of millions) on lawyers to fight legislation of the internet and two because they already have laws that make it illegal to threaten, fraud people etc but adding any laws in addtion to relate to the internet means it makes it harder for them to exploit the loopholes for their own ends and without legislation you can't have things like accounability or transaparency come into play.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

CanisWolfred

Oh man, I just had a telemarketer on the phone for 20 minutes, running his mouth while I looked up his "company", in which I got nothing but massive warnings telling me to stay the hell away from them. I then told them "Yeah, no, I looked you guys up, you're nothing but scammers" and hung up.

They then immediately called my phone 3 times in a tow, the third time leaving a messege saying "we're totally not scammers! We just need your ID, Social Security number, date of birth, and credit card number, as well as your last power bill, and we'll set you up with our starter package!"

...and to think, they're only the second dumbest scammers I've met this week. They're still topped by the ladies driving around a parking lot in an old Subaru begging people for gas money.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

jump

^why didn't just put the phone down after the first minute?

Nicolai wrote:

-Green-

Yeah, I always just ignore those calls.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NintendoFan64

Personally, I would've just started rambling gibberish and just wait until they hang up. Might as well have fun with them .

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

-Green-

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Personally, I would've just started rambling gibberish and just wait until they hang up. Might as well have fun with them .

I've done several times. I bet they get used to people doing that to them.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

CanisWolfred

arronishere wrote:

^why didn't just put the phone down after the first minute?

I wanted to see how long I could string him along without saying more than two words at a time. I forgot to note that part...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic