Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 11,581 to 11,600 of 96,523

NintendoFan64

I just remembered something...the new amiibos arrive on the 31st...I'll be out of town then...excuse me, I have to go scream.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Araquanid

I really want to make an Online Multiplayer Turn Base Strategy game, does anybody know what engine I'd need inorder to make something like that?

For those wondering, it'd litteraly be not too much different from Pokemon Showdown! in terms of what it is I'm doing.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

TylerTheCreator

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I really want to make an Online Multiplayer Turn Base Strategy game, does anybody know what engine I'd need inorder to make something like that?

For those wondering, it'd litteraly be not too much different from Pokemon Showdown! in terms of what it is I'm doing.

If it literally would be not too much different from Pokemon Showdown, I think you shouldn't make it. The best games are games with original ideas. Just my two cents, no hostility involved.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

veeflames

All these post-E3 news, rumors and whatnots... Ugh. I seriously feel like taking a break from the internet... well, at least, THIS SIDE of the internet... Sheesh.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

veeflames

ekreig wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

All these post-E3 news, rumors and whatnots... Ugh. I seriously feel like taking a break from the internet... well, at least, THIS SIDE of the internet... Sheesh.

I think I know how you feel. Speculation can be fun, but talking about all these things we know little to nothing about...it gets tiring after a while.

Yeah. Sigh. Miss the time when I was younger...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Araquanid

TylerTheCreator wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

If it literally would be not too much different from Pokemon Showdown, I think you shouldn't make it. The best games are games with original ideas. Just my two cents, no hostility involved.

Game mechanics wise, it would be exactly the same. However I'd introduce different formats, and the game would be managed a lot differently. (If you don't know smogon, the owners of showdown.. they're basically like CoD players meet pokemon. I wanted to make a better organized, and still child friendly simulator.)

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

GrizzlyArctos

So I've had some time to digest Silent Hill: Revelation after watching it yesterday, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm actually kind of offended with how it treated the franchise as a whole. While the first film may not have been the best thing I've ever seen, it did a great job of portraying Silent Hill visually, and at least it felt like it was trying to be a film. Revelation basically said 'you know that Silent Hill film? Well forget about that, lets just do Silent Hill 3 now.'

Though saying that, neither of the films tried to capture the true essence of Silent Hill. I'd like to see a film adaptation of SH2, or something similar focusing mostly on a character with a dark past being tormented and tested by the very town itself, eventually bringing that dark past to light, making the town of Silent Hill it's own character, rather than trying to add in needless sidekicks like Revelation. In terms of films that have done something similar, Room 1408 handled it really well. While having nothing to do with Silent Hill, it definitely had a 'Silent Hill' feel to it.

Well, that went on longer than I thought it would. Rant over, I guess?

Yes, I like bears.

RR529

@WaveBoy, Actually, most of the character animation in Resurrection F was done the old fashioned way with real tools, and then overlayed over the backgrounds which were digitally animated. (I believe this was even at the request of Toriyama himself)

I remember watching a behind the scenes look on NHK World earlier this year, where they shown that they had thousands of pages used up, just for one fight scene.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TylerTheCreator

@WaveBoy: I like the way the new animation is. I didn't expect Faulconer to come back to do the music for DBS. I liked the skinny red-haired Goku. I like that Vegeta is over the top because that's who he is, I think.

I'm really excited to see Resurrection F in theaters in August. I can't wait to watch DBS in America. I might watch the Japanese version first if I'm impatient, but I love the voice cast for the English dub, personally.

Edited on by TylerTheCreator

TylerTheCreator

TylerTheCreator

I love the sound of rain. It's my favorite sound in the whole entire world. I feel peaceful and relaxed when I hear the rain.

TylerTheCreator

Joeynator3000

..............Hi chat thread...again.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CanisWolfred

I wouldn't mind moving to Ontario (but not Quebec, unless a lot of its infrustructure isn't built around Montreal like I've heard. That was a nice place to visit, but I don't think I'd want to love in an area where I can't pronounce a single ****ing sign).

I also wouldn't mind living in or around Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Or Massachussets, New Hamphire, Conneticut, Maryland, Delaware, Maine, British Columbia (Canada), maybe even Vermont...

Basically anywhere besides New York State that's not likely to have a lot of dangerous creatures and/or prone to natural disasters like Tornados or Huricanes...except New Jersey. The drivers there are crazy. <_<

I kinda want Ontario the most, though, if only because it'd require a flight, thus giving me ample reason to not visit my folks on holidays while also not having to worry about unwanted visits from family members. And all without having to let them I just don't like them.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

TylerTheCreator wrote:

@CanisWolfred: Why don't you like your family?

Because the whole lot of them are some of the miserable people I've ever met and simply being in the same room with them seems to suck any amount of joy from me like a ****ing vacuum...

Except my brother, of course, but that's why he moved out of state...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Eel

Or maybe she does

Anyway, it seems the first trailer for FNAF4 has been released. Looks like it takes place in a normal house overrun by little animatronics, that was unexpected.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

nacho_chicken

Sergio151 wrote:

My sister called me a weeaboo today. Apparently she doesn't know the difference between a weeaboo and an anime fan (or otaku depending how you put it).

Contrary to popular knowledge, the word "weaboo" is a loanword. It comes from the archaic language Trollese. Translated correctly, it means "STOP LIKING THIS THING I DON'T LIKE!" In the faraway land of GameFAQs, the natives would use their mastery of the tongue to incite foreigners into wars made of flames.

People who use suchlike insults cannot and should not be taken seriously.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Oh man, 'nother weird dream last night...and this time I remembered parts of it clearly...

Most of the dream took place in some strange facility, possibly a lab or prison, or maybe even a stage that doubled as a prison. Inside, they had people basically fighting eachother for what I assume was sport, with the "prizes" being their own freedom or the freedom of someone else. I only remember 5 or so scenes, so here it goes:

1) One boy fighting in a free-for-all with a bunch of other people in a room a little smaller than your average gymnasium wanted to free his uncle, who was a King that had been kidnapped and turned into some mechanical doll, so that he may sing until he falls apart (obviously inspired by what I recently watched in One Piece).

2) A bunch of burly women who I guess were supposed to be amazons launched a coordinated attack on a group of male "centurions" in what looked like a Glass dome with specially designed obstacles.

3) two boys and a girl got into a fight when they weren't supposed to. The girl got hurt, and all three were put into "cells" where they were separated from eachother...but they could still see eachother because of the way the cells were designed (mostly fiberglass). One of the boys felt really guilty about hurting the girl, and the two boys were apparently friends who had just had a rough disagreement. There was a lot of thinking about what they had done...and thinking about how to escape...

4) Meanwhile, I was in a room upstairs ("My room" in a dream house, I suupose), where I was putting some hentai memorabilia (body pillows, toys, "toys", more body pillows...S&M Body Pillows) in a corner where I assumed they would be safe from prying eyes....only to find someone had parked a little girl on top of the stash, so she could watch TV in my room. I told her to keep quite about the weird pillows, she cracks a snide remark, then flicked her head...right before I noticed she had a neck brace on, and she started moaning in pain. I apologized a lot, then went back downstairs.

5) Two of the women "gladiators" were talking to eachother, and one of them mentioned how she's becoming increasingly masculine since she's been at the facility. Most noteably her breasts having been reduced several cup sizes in only a couple months (Granted, she started at Size FF and now she's a D)

I woke up during that last one. -_-;

Very strange, I hope I don't have too many more dreams like that again...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NintendoFan64

@CanisWolfred: Okay...what was up with that last one? Everything else I could handle (though the one involving hentai was...interesting.), but that was just...weird.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic