Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 96,243

sugarpixel

Dark-Luigi wrote:

@Gioku Well, hence why I'm a Mario fan. It's Super Mario Bros 2!

That's my favorite Mario game, too! I wouldn't call it my favorite game of all time, but it's at least in the top 5! It was the first Mario game I ever owned!

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Dark-Luigi I heard it's completely different from the first super mario bros. I think I'll give it a try some day(I see it's on the 3DS Eshop now I know my next VC game )

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

sugarpixel

Dark-Luigi wrote:

@Gioku It was one of my favorite and first ones too!
Was it Super Mario Advance? Or Super Mario bros 2 for the NES? Because mine was advance.

I got Super Mario Bros. Advance, too! It was my first Mario game, and the first game I ever got 100% completion on! And I played it so much, I even discovered a previously undiscovered glitch (rolling Yoshi egg), that I always love to tell everyone about.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

sugarpixel

@Dark-Luigi: I was, I think 10 or 11 when I first played this game, and I didn't have much video game experience at that point, so I remember being stuck on the Wart boss battle for the longest time...! It wasn't as bad as when I got stuck on the first boss in Pac-Man World 2 for GBA (which was the first video game i ever owned, on my first ever video game system ), but that's another story...

Dark-Luigi

When I was little this may sound embarrassing, but you know that each time before the boss battle begins, that music plays in Super Mario Advance? That creeped me out when I was little.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

sugarpixel

The music that got me when I was little was the Lavender Town theme in Pokémon LeafGreen version... I always turned the volume off when ever I went into Lavender Town!

GuSolarFlare

Gioku wrote:

The music that got me when I was little was the Lavender Town theme in Pokémon LeafGreen version... I always turned the volume off when ever I went into Lavender Town!

I did that too but I actually lost many days of my childhood trying to find a way to skip Lavender the most I could, the whole town was scary to me, the people who told sad stories, a graveyard in the middle of the town and that creepy song..... it was too much for me at the time....

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame: for me it was just the music in town. The music in the tower (or just being in the tower itself) didn't bother me at all! And sometimes I'd just go into the name rater's house just to get away from the creepy music, lol. It doesn't bother me anymore, though. I really don't get scared by anything anymore.

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku the last time I got scared in a game was a day when I was playing Resident Evil Revelations in the Rachel part(kind of like a boss level, if you didn't play it) when suddenly a kid from my neighbor touched my back... I jumped out of my chair..... from that day on I never Played Resident Evil in my living room with the door open(to avoid embarassment of it happening again O.o)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

Dark-Luigi wrote:

And do you think Wart may return in Super Mario 3D World? After all, it looks like that game is referencing Super Mario Bros 2 a bit.

I would run out of the house, all the way to the nearest electronics store, buy a Wii U and that game, and run back home with it if that happened.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic