Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 10,521 to 10,540 of 96,243

Araquanid

One thing I've noticed about sierra mist is it really depends on the source you drink it from.. if I get it through the drive through, I'd say 99% of the time it's more flat than the bottled stuff. In certain restruants it's even stronger.. However I cannot say the same experience with pepsi, sprite, etc... really depends on the management I guess.

Around here, actually very few places even have sprite in-stock, they mostly only serve sierra mist.

Probably just coincidence.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

RR529

Over the past few weeks, I've discovered that Off the Air is undoubtedly Adult Swim's most hilarious show.

It's like it's just a compilation of short animation projects (almost like indie or college level) that they tie together on a loose theme, and while most of them are abstract artsy stuff (sometimes even quite poignant), they'll throw in one or two randomly that are just so stupid they're funny.

Like in tonight's episode, in between a couple of artsy shorts (tied together in a "Nature" theme), there was a short of a rabbit pooping in the forest, who shot into the air on a tower of poop after being scared by a bear (who chased the rabbit up on his own tower of poop...).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Namco

I usually add water to my soda. My friends think that's odd. I got used to the taste however.

I've never had a Dr. pepper or Mountain Dew in my life... Shame on me I guess

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

TheMONADO36

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers on Nintendolife forum. Hope your kids left you a nice bowser amiibo beside your cup of tea and full English this morning. 👌

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

CanisWolfred

Blurgh, I keep forgetting I can't have pepperoni anymore. I hope the pepto bismal sets in by the time I go to work...

Also, I'm tempted to doodle a army guy saying stuff and calling him "General Discussion" because I couldn't find an image like that on the internet.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Electricmastro

So Half-Life 3 is apparently out in China...

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Araquanid

That can't be, the voice actor for Gordon Freeman died.

Most definitly a fake.

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

Looks like a bootleg. I'm curious as to see what it's like, given how bootlegs tend to be..."interesting".

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Electricmastro

@MegaBeedrill and @NintendoFan64 - I think that China just took Half-Life 2: Episode One as "Half-Life 2" and Half-Life 2: Episode Two as "Half-Life 3".

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

NintendoFan64

I just realized something...it's Annoy Squidward Day!
Untitled
YAAAAAAAY!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Araquanid

I don't understand this...

So a couple weeks ago, I'm browsing through twitch (ORAS) just to see who's streaming, and shofu was streaming that day. He had over 300 viewers and the next person only had 50 or so. I join his stream, and he did absolutely nothing interactive with the viewers.. he just did skype calls talking "immature" ignoring the chat completely, and he had absolutely no layout for his stream.. it was just the game, and nothing else but him and another guy talking. So I got bored, went out of the stream, and all these streamers have these cool layouts they spent hours making, and greet you when you enter.. yet everybody is watching shofu instead doing nothing, and they have no viewers.

I don't understand why people get such popularity for doing nothing sometimes.. in that case it was just who the person was, not the quality of the stream itself.

My Shinies

MsJubilee

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I don't understand this...

So a couple weeks ago, I'm browsing through twitch (ORAS) just to see who's streaming, and shofu was streaming that day. He had over 300 viewers and the next person only had 50 or so. I join his stream, and he did absolutely nothing interactive with the viewers.. he just did skype calls talking "immature" ignoring the chat completely, and he had absolutely no layout for his stream.. it was just the game, and nothing else but him and another guy talking. So I got bored, went out of the stream, and all these streamers have these cool layouts they spent hours making, and greet you when you enter.. yet everybody is watching shofu instead doing nothing, and they have no viewers.

I don't understand why people get such popularity for doing nothing sometimes.. in that case it was just who the person was, not the quality of the stream itself.

Was that your first time watching Shofu livestream something?If it is then that's how he is,all of his viewers know that he talks about random things with his friends which are pretty funny cause it's just random stuff.Especially when he lives stream Smash bros U,the commentary is awesome!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CanisWolfred

@MegaBeedrill

Did Shofu have a multitude of videos (in other words, does he stream a lot?) and/or was he streaming an interesting game?

Honestly, in a stream, the game is the star of the show, and you're delusional if you think otherwise. The only reason they'd get popular is because they're either highly exposed (i.e. the link to their stream is somewhere where people can see it), or they're playing lots of games people like. It's the same with Let's Plays, really, and it's why Let's Players really need to shut the **** up and play the freakin' game. So long as you put in enough effort into making sure people can see and hear the actual gameplay footage, any other effort is generally wasted.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Araquanid

I've been on twitch for nearly a year and I've only seen him stream twice. Just the idea of his viewers booming out of no where just because it's shofu, bothers me. He has a youtube channel but.. meh.. again why doesn't some other folk with much more professional and "mature" commentary/videos not get the same respect as much as some guy just uploading vids with crude language. On adverage, there is usually 3 livestreams in the ORAS sections that have around 100 viewers at a time, and they're regularly scheduled streams with professional layouts, interaction with the chat, playing the game, just having fun.. shofu comes on, everybody's in that stream to watch him skype call some random friend and ignore the chat. They basicly just showed up to the stream because of the name.. not the game.

During let's plays and livestreams the person hosting/playing the host does have to talk and be interactive with the audience, I agree the video should be more regarding the game.. but if that were the case then only one let's play/stream on the whole internet is needed as it'd be no different from the other. Providing commentary makes yours stand out from the others, whether or not yours is better in comparison is entirely up to the broadcaster.

EDIT:
@TwilightAngel yeah it was the first time I've watched him. But I haven't seen him on in a very long time. Maybe the viewer count is just a result of everybody getting excited seeing him back?

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

CanisWolfred

BTW, I see that some people do Artistic streams (I want to say drawing using computer stuffs, but that would just sound silly). I should probably watch one of those, since I might actually learn something from it, unlike a video game stream.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

mystman12

I think we can all agree that Mario Party 3 should just be called Insanity: The Game. 'Cuz that's what it does. Drives you insane.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

Have you seen Shofu before? The guy is a moron, but a lovable moron. He also is very good at competitive Pokemon. His streams have been going down hill in my eyes because he's almost exclusively been doing Smash recently, which he sucks at. But he's funny and his interactions with his friends are hilarious. He also does subscriber matches, you probably weren't there for those parts. I don't see anything wrong going to watch his stream, or anyone's, just for the streamer rather than the game. Half the time I join some streams I just use them as background noise and go back to the stream when you can tell something is going down. The reason I started following Shofu was because of his YouTube where he uploaded some good matches with nice commentary. I haven't had much interest in him lately but the draw of his stream for me was that he was pretty down to earth and silly. Don't care much anymore.

CanisWolfred wrote:

@MegaBeedrill

Did Shofu have a multitude of videos (in other words, does he stream a lot?) and/or was he streaming an interesting game?

Honestly, in a stream, the game is the star of the show, and you're delusional if you think otherwise. The only reason they'd get popular is because they're either highly exposed (i.e. the link to their stream is somewhere where people can see it), or they're playing lots of games people like. It's the same with Let's Plays, really, and it's why Let's Players really need to shut the **** up and play the freakin' game. So long as you put in enough effort into making sure people can see and hear the actual gameplay footage, any other effort is generally wasted.

I'm going to massively disagree with this. If I want to see gameplay, I'll look up gameplay. I come to Let's Plays for the guy's personality. For example, The Great Clement and the Super Gaming Brothers. These guys are beyond lovable and funny. Clement isn't over obnoxious and just presents fun facts, tips, his opinion, and funny memories he may have with the game. It's also adorable/funny how he pretends to be narcisistic some times.

The SGB are literally just two brothers and a best friend playing their favorite games. The interactions are natural and the dialogue is like if I was just hanging out with friends on a skype chat or something. They're kind and each offer a different perspective of a game. It's their familiar banter that keeps me coming back. Johnny is also one of the most honest and thorough reviewers I've seen.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred

Maybe I don't understand what this whole streaming thing is about...and I don't want to. You guys make it sound like it's similar to interacting with real human beings, and I get enough of that $#!+ in real life...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic