Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 10,041 to 10,060 of 96,243

Socar

Why do I have so much of sorrow? I always keep watching shows and playing games and the more I do that, it makes me want to be part of that world and do something different to the stories......I guess its because they got there where people get to see their stuff and me.....I'm not even close to getting there. Shigeru Miyamoto.......Akira Toriyama.......Echida Oda.........Jim Cummings......even Pewdiepie gets fame quickly......does this mean that fame comes to those who are chosen or is it out of pure luck that fame gets them?

I regret that I'm an Indian and that if I were an American, I could've easily achieved what I want to do all because of the opportunities that are there in US unlike how it is in India.........

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Artwark wrote:

Why do I have so much of sorrow? I always keep watching shows and playing games and the more I do that, it makes me want to be part of that world and do something different to the stories......I guess its because they got there where people get to see their stuff and me.....I'm not even close to getting there. Shigeru Miyamoto.......Akira Toriyama.......Echida Oda.........Jim Cummings......even Pewdiepie gets fame quickly......does this mean that fame comes to those who are chosen or is it out of pure luck that fame gets them?

I regret that I'm an Indian and that if I were an American, I could've easily achieved what I want to do all because of the opportunities that are there in US unlike how it is in India.........

...well, first off, a lot of those guys you listed aren't American...

Secondly, why do you want to be famous? If you ask me, that's just setting your standards to an unreasonable level. You should be setting your standards against yourself, always trying to outdo your past accomplishments. It helps to keep your standards at a level where you know what you can already achieve, while still striving to improve.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Zizzy

You're also getting fame confused with personal success. The more you pursue your goals, the smaller your desire for fame gets. Only really try to impress/please yourself, not other, and fame will find you. Right off the bat, just enjoy the story changes you come up with in your head, rather than get bummed that you can't create them. You'll gain more from expressing positivity rather than negativity, trust me.

The goal shouldn't be to be respected and admired by others, it should be to create something you love and enjoy.

Edited on by Zizzy

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

MsJubilee

Everyday i wake up im in a very good mood i don't why.Maybe im just losing it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Zizzy

midnafanboy wrote:

Everyday i wake up im in a very good mood i don't why.Maybe im just losing it.

That's the ideal way to live, of course you aren't losing it.

Zizzy

Yoshi

So, today, I finally received the lease from my (future) landlord. Because I live four hours away, she emailed me a copy for me to sign and then overnight back to her with the deposit.

Thing is though, she already signed the lease. Which means that as soon as I sign it, it's legally binding. Which means that I can edit any part of the lease and then sign it, and it's still legally binding. I'm an honest person, but you have to consider other people who might take advantage of that.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Zizzy

brewsky wrote:

So, today, I finally received the lease from my (future) landlord. Because I live four hours away, she emailed me a copy for me to sign and then overnight back to her with the deposit.

Thing is though, she already signed the lease. Which means that as soon as I sign it, it's legally binding. Which means that I can edit any part of the lease and then sign it, and it's still legally binding. I'm an honest person, but you have to consider other people who might take advantage of that.

Very trusting on her part, unless she just over-looked it in which case, a potentially awful mistake. You know, free rent doesn't sound too bad, does it...

Zizzy

Yoshi

Zizzy wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Very trusting on her part, unless she just over-looked it in which case, a potentially awful mistake. You know, free rent doesn't sound too bad, does it...

Arrgh, don't tempt me! If I do it, then they will try their hardest to make this the worst year of my life.

Of course, I can edit in a provision to prevent that....

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Zizzy

brewsky wrote:

Arrgh, don't tempt me! If I do it, then they will try their hardest to make this the worst year of my life.

Of course, I can edit in a provision to prevent that....

Oh God, the temptation!!!

On a serious note, easy karma points right here.

Zizzy

theblackdragon

Actually, your future landlord has the original copy that she signed. Any edits on your part would quickly come to light on comparison if you tried anything funny, and you'd be out on your rear as soon as they figured it out. I'd tread carefully if I were you.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Yoshi

theblackdragon wrote:

Actually, your future landlord has the original copy that she signed. Any edits on your part would quickly come to light on comparison if you tried anything funny, and you'd be out on your rear as soon as they figured it out. I'd tread carefully if I were you.

Oh, I'm not going to do anything I'm a nice guy, and although there are some paragraphs in there that I would love to remove, the landlord seems like a nice lady.

I have to remember that those provisions are only there to protect the landlord, and are usually enforced in serious circumstances, which will probably never happen to me.

Now playing:

Yoshi

On that note, I've got a question for everyone here.

I have to pay for all my utilities, but fortunately, they are all through the city (which saves a ton of money), but one other thing I need is internet. At my location, I have the choice of either Mediacom or Century Link for internet services. Anyone here want to share their experiences with one or both of these providers?

Now playing:

CanisWolfred

brewsky wrote:

I have to pay for all my utilities, but fortunately, they are all through the city (which saves a ton of money), but one other thing I need is internet. At my location, I have the choice of either Mediacom or Century Link for internet services. Anyone here want to share their experiences with one or both of these providers?

...wait, you have choices? FML, where I live it's TWC or bust, unless you want DSL...and I don't know who even offers DSL anymore...

EDIT: Oh hey, a lot of companies offer DSL. If any of them actually exist. They got weird names I've never heard before. :/

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Yoshi

CanisWolfred wrote:

brewsky wrote:

...wait, you have choices? FML, where I live it's TWC or bust, unless you want DSL...and I don't know who even offers DSL anymore...

Yeah, I was a little shocked too. It's a city of more than 125,000, though, so that could be why. And I am not getting DSL. I am so sick of slow internet speeds....

Now playing:

KingCreezy

WaveBoy wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

Good lord it is hot today.

Tell me about it, The sun has roasted 2 inches of my mullet off.
Total crisis down here in VideoLand!

Sad part is its only getting started here in Florida. I grew up in Alaska and moved down here with my parents when I was 12 in 1998. Its constant 90+ degrees with some ungodly humidity. Of course its followed by crazy storms, torrential rain, and steamy roads so hot your shoes melt and your clothes de-wrinkle.

KingCreezy

Nintendo Network ID: kingcreezy

Yoshi

There's a Mac Pro on eBay that was listed a few hours ago and I saw it. It's a good price for a 2010 model (trying to future proof a little by going for a 2010 instead of a 2008).

I've been debating over getting it for the past few hours because there's been a lot of uncertainty because of me moving and all that jazz. One thing is for certain, though: I do need a new computer. My 2006 MacBook is nice and still works but sometimes it just doesn't cut it.

I'm going to sleep on it tonight, and talk with my dad in the morning. Hopefully the listing is still up by then.

EDIT: Apparently it's rumored that the 2008 Mac Pro will be able to run OS X Yosemite, which is nice.

SECOND EDIT: Although I haven't seen Apple officially confirm it, it appears the general consensus is that any computer that runs either Mountain Lion or Mavericks can run Yosemite as well. I'm happy Apple is ditching the old method of eliminating support on computers that aren't really that old as long as they run fine spec-wise.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

Kewlan

@brewsky
Untitled
If you want to get an Apple computer, just stop.
Let me cleanse you with this holy water and drive the demons out of your body.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Yoshi

@Kewlan

Untitled

I believe it's you who needs demons driven out with holy water!

Now playing:

Kewlan

Untitled
Don't be a fool, boy. Microsoft is way better!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Zizzy

Untitled

People claim Microsoft is better, but I know that Windows 8 is equally as terrible as Mac OS!

Zizzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic