Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 10,001 to 10,020 of 96,243

CanisWolfred

Mitsuko_Chan wrote:

Looks like Transformers Age of Extinction got really bad reviews. I'm saving my money for Guardians of the Galaxy instead.

While I highly commend your actions...every Transformer Movie got Terrible reviews. And rightly so, they're far from good movies, but that never really seems to stop people from enjoying them.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ArabPikachu

Electricmastro wrote:

Is it safe to say that Persona is the greatest RPG series that didn't originate on a Nintendo console?

Lol, what kind of question is that?

Your'e entitled to regarding Persona as your favorite RPG series although not everyone will agree with you

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

Shirma_Akayaku

So I'm back here again...

Okay, I haven't been feeling too positive lately for the past couple of days, and my mind has been going out of control when it comes to thoughts. I haven't taken my medicine for my disorder (schizophrenia) for a couple of years, but I recently did and it was horrible. I took a small 2mg dose of Abilify, and when I was standing on the train going downtown and I started feeling extremely ill. I felt dizzy and I felt I was about to throw up, thankfully a lady got off the train and I sat next to my mom. Afterwards, we get off the train and tell my mom, so she gives me water and we talk, etc.

After that experience, I didn't want to try to take my again, so I simply gave up try to go back on the pill. Is this a good idea? My mind is out of control when it comes to thoughts so I don't know what to do.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I've gained some weight in the past and I've stayed the same, but it might be affecting my health a bit (probably not). My knees are very frail probably due to lack of exercise and I've gotten them locked / disjointed before a couple times sitting down on the floor, legs crossed, and I almost pass out every time I fix them. I need to motivate myself to get out the house, or do some sort of workout in the house, but I can't because my disorder gives me such a hard time to do anything.

Again another situation I'm in and I don't know what to do.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

My uncle (who used to be in jail) gave me $5000 and I'm not sure how to spend it (I'm not sure if he got it legally either). I can only spend around half of that. Any advice on what I should do with it?

Does this go in the "Disappointment of the Day Thread"?

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Mickey

@Rosalina
1) Do what you have to do. I suggest you consult an expert instead of a forum on the Internet, as for whether or not it's a good idea to give up on medication. ^^;

2) Don't know how to help you there, either.

3) Okay, I think you should take that money to the Police just incase. Better safe than sorry, y'know?

4) I dunno, I guess it would fit better there, in the DotD thread. ^^;

Sorry to see you going through some rough times. Hope things start looking up soon...

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

ArabPikachu

Is it me or do most of Capcom's male characters lack facial hair?

CanisWolfred

ArabPikachu wrote:

...Capcom has more characters with facial hair than 90% of every video game ever. Facial hair is socially considered ugly in most countries, especially Japan.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HappyHappyist

CanisWolfred wrote:

ArabPikachu wrote:

...Capcom has more characters with facial hair than 90% of every video game ever. Facial hair is socially considered ugly in most countries, especially Japan.

TIL

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Jaz007

Anyone else seen the new Transformers? Fantastic movie, one if my top 3. It's definitely the best one yet. The action is the best to grace a movie, it was hilarious, the characters were good, and it had a good story. The CGI was really good, lots of little details and it really payed off. It really was the movie Transformers deserves. I can't wait for the rest of the trilogy. The Metacritic score of 31 is insane, and prime (no pun intended) example of why I don't pay any attention to movie critics. The game tie-in game is also getting similarly weird low ratings.

Jaz007

Electricmastro

ArabPikachu wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Is it safe to say that Persona is the greatest RPG series that didn't originate on a Nintendo console?

Your'e entitled to regarding Persona as your favorite RPG series although not everyone will agree with you

Not that, I mean would that be the general consensus is what i'm curious about asking.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

ClockworkMario

CanisWolfred wrote:

Facial hair is socially considered ugly in most countries, especially Japan.

It is? What about all those wise old mentor characters, always sporting a fu-manchu and who know the way of an ancient art? Has my childhood been a lie?

– – –

I haven't seen the latest Transformer, but they've never been critic pleasers. That doesn't stop them from raking in tonnes of money. In fact, there was this critic who gave the movie both one and five stars, and left it for the viewer to decide.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Jazzer94

Electricmastro wrote:

ArabPikachu wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Not that, I mean would that be the general consensus is what i'm curious about asking.

I don't think so even though I love the series I don't think it is considered the greatest RPG series ever by the majority.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CanisWolfred

Only because the majority hasn't played any of them yet. Getting close, though.

@ClockworkMario

Old people are also not considered attractive by the majority of people living in Post-industrial societies (at a bare minimum), so they can grow beards/mustaches if they want and most won't complain.

Of course, I'm speaking generally, and by social customs that are often considered outdated by modern youth, so there are plenty who think facial hair looks good, but by and large, you won't see much facial hair on characters who are supposed to be "stand-up citizens" in movies and video games, especially ones from Japan, where, IIRC, facial hair has equated to a brash or rebellious person since the Edo period, only making a comback for a while in the Meiji period, even going as far as to make it difficult to find work if you have facial hair...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Shirma_Akayaku

GuardianKing wrote:

@Rosalina Where did you find a furry-fied Yosuke Hanamura as your avatar?

@GuardianKing I found it online on pixiv, but I'm not sure if I wanna give away the sauce....

Do you like it?

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Shirma_Akayaku

@CanisWolfred Well since you seem to know who it is, if you can't find it I can give the source.
Also, your avatar is Wolfrun, isn't it?

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

ArabPikachu

CanisWolfred wrote:

...Capcom has more characters with facial hair than 90% of every video game ever.

Captain Commando doesn't have facial hair

Albert Wesker doesn't grow an iota of facial hair regardless of age (what the heck?)

Ryu (Street Fighter) doesn't have facial hair

The list of male Capcom characters without facial hair goes on.....................

I can only think of a few male Capcom characters with facial hair; Two obvious examples would be Zangief and Mike Haggar (although I'm aware there's other male Capcom characters with facial hair)

Edited on by ArabPikachu

CanisWolfred

ArabPikachu wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

...Capcom has more characters with facial hair than 90% of every video game ever.

Captain Commando doesn't have facial hair

Albert Wesker doesn't grow an iota of facial hair regardless of age (what the heck?)

Ryu (Street Fighter) doesn't have facial hair

The list of male Capcom characters without facial hair goes on.....................

I can only think of a few male Capcom characters with facial hair; Two obvious examples would be Zangief and Mike Haggar (although I'm aware there's other male Capcom characters with facial hair)

Godot
Larry Butz
Nathan Spencer (Rearmed 2 ver.)
Mike Haggar
Cody Travers (...has a little...)
Frank West
Dr. Light
Alexander the Grater
Sir Aurthur
Apollis
Dick Gumshoe
Barbaros
Barrel Casket
Belger
Birdie
Bitores Mendez
Brad Garrison
Brian Irons
Captain Blue
Chief R
Chris Redfield
Chuck Greene
David King
Dr. Cain
Dr. Cossack
Dr. Wily
Eagle
Edi. E
El Gado
Enrico Marini
Gen
Hideo Shimazu
Hideyoshi
Hideyoshi
Jaques Blanc
Judge
Jumbo Flapjack
Kenneth J. Sullivan
Mark Williams
Mike Haggar
Mr. Match
Nobunaga
Nobunaga
Parker Luciani
Raizo Imawano
Rodrigo Juan Raval
Rufus
Sanctus
Shingen Takeda
Super Joe
Victor Ortega
Viewtiful Joe

Source: http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Male_Characters

Feel free to check it over. Please note most of these characters are villians and/or old. I only noticed about 6 or 7 playable characters, but honestly, you won't find much more than that from a Japanese company other than maybe Nintendo. I dare you to come up with a bigger list from just one company.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic