Forums

Topic: The big three console makers line up in 2015.

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

shingi_70

I know we have a 2015 predictions thread but his is mostly one too talk about the first party line up for the big three of Microsoft, Nintendo, and PlayStation in regards to there console games.

Let's start with Nintendo

Yoshi's Woolly World
Spatoon
Mario Maker
Project Giant Robo
Project Guard
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Kirby and the rainbow curse
Mairo Party10
The Legend of Zelda
Star Fox
Devil's Third
Mario vs Donkey Kong

Next up are the boys in Redmond at Microsoft
State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition
Screamride
Rise of the tomb Raider
Quantum Break
Fable Legends
Halo 5: Guardians
Crackdown
Phantom Dust
Scalecound
Ori and the Blind Forest
Below
Inside

Than Last but not least Sony's PS4 line up for next year.
Bloodborne
The Order: 1886
Tearaway Unfolded
MLB 15: The Show
Ratchet and Clank Reimagined
Until Dawn
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
BigFest
Helldivers
Guns Up!
The Tomorrow Children
AlienNation
Drawn to Death
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Fat Princess Adventures
Rime
Shadow of the Beast
Wild
What Remain's of Edith Finch

Take into account that there are probably games slated for next year that haven't been announced by all three makers. What's interesting is that Sony's line up for the digital releases has been super inflated due to games either being announced too early like Shadows of the beast and Rime, while others slated for this year fell out of their spots.

So who's line up do you prefer or what are you looking forward too.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

Alotta great 1st party games coming. Xenoblade Chronicles X is my most anticipated game but Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne is also hype. Just so many games....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

Seems to me like Nintendo can hold up the Wii U on their own

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

By having a new Xenoblade and 3D Zelda Nintendo practically wins by default but I think I would be way more fair if Sony's first party games would do more things that interest me (I hope Tearaway sells a billion copies for this reason) and if Microsoft didn't continually give me a reason to doubt their solid attempts at exclusives (D4 ).

But tbh, I can't think of a better group of games Nintendo themselves have put on a single system in one year. If anyone knows of one, please let me know.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

Sony is doing great but games like Until Dawn and The Order are just... Looks impressive but replay value looks so small.

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

Sony is doing great but games like Until Dawn and The Order are just... Looks impressive but replay value looks so small.

I want to be wrong but The Order just screams to me as a less inspired Gears of War and being cinematic in all the really bad ways.

actually I take that back, I don't want 3rd person shooters like this to succeed, they bore me. I hope it's so bad it hurts the genre (which is not a bad thing as that just means developers will make these games instead of being told to by higher ups so they can make dat Gears money)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo wins for me. Zelda, Xenoblade, Star Fox, Kirby, Splatoon and Yoshi's WW ftw.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I want to be wrong but The Order just screams to me as a less inspired Gears of War and being cinematic in all the really bad ways.

actually I take that back, I don't want 3rd person shooters like this to succeed, they bore me. I hope it's so bad it hurts the genre (which is not a bad thing as that just means developers will make these games instead of being told to by higher ups so they can make dat Gears money)

Problem is that The Order is straight up single player so it won't have the longevity that Gears r even the last of Us tends to have because of it. The same thing sort of happened to Knack and Infamous Second Son as well. They came out and were quickly forgotten. It doesn't help that Bloodborne is only a month after The Order and looks so much more interesting. The Xbox line up is probably my favorite but that's mostly my bias showing.

All I know is that Next Novemeber will be a battle of titans
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

As for next year my hopes for games we don't know about in each camp are probably

Excitebike
Battletoads
Colony Wars

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Problem is that The Order is straight up single player so it won't have the longevity that Gears r even the last of Us tends to have because of it. The same thing sort of happened to Knack and Infamous Second Son as well. They came out and were quickly forgotten. It doesn't help that Bloodborne is only a month after The Order and looks so much more interesting. The Xbox line up is probably my favorite but that's mostly my bias showing.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

As for next year my hopes for games we don't know about in each camp are probably

Excitebike
Battletoads
Colony Wars

Once again you continue to say stuff that's interesting.

Master of the Hype Train

Magikarp3

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture has my near undivided attention. And I guess What Remained of Edith Finch, but thechineseroom has a better premise for Rapture. Also, is anyone still holding out for The Last Guardian? Anyone?

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Punished_Boss_84

Magikarp3 wrote:

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture has my near undivided attention. And I guess What Remained of Edith Finch, but thechineseroom has a better premise for Rapture. Also, is anyone still holding out for The Last Guardian? Anyone?

Yes, I expect it to launch alongside FF XV, Agent, Half Life 3, Shenmue and KH III!
Never going to happen... Untitled

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

shingi_70

The Last Guardian is a game that's never going to come out but Sony is afraid of the backlash once they officially announce its canceled.

WAT!

Ryno

Of course Nintendo's for me: XBX, Zelda, Star Fox, and Yoshi all in tehe same year. plus mix in some Splatoon for variety? Consider me set with those 5 games.

Oh and Sony be like to The Last Guardian:
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

arnoldlayne83

My 2015 will start with the tail of 2014... Actually 100% into Dragon Age, I will finish it in christmas (the game is so damn long) and then FC4 and GTAV.

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

arnoldlayne83

BloodBorne, Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, Rime, Tomorrow Children, Fat Princess 2, Helldivers, Street Fighter V....Sony is not bad at all (just considering the console exclusives)... considering some first studios projects have not been yet revealed and some surprises could come for the end of the next year....

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

The Last Guardian is a game that's never going to come out but Sony is afraid of the backlash once they officially announce its canceled.

Pssht naw, it'll come out when Half Life 3 comes out. You know, a year after SMT X FE and Metroid Dread come out.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

BloodBorne, Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, Rime, Tomorrow Children, Fat Princess 2, Helldivers, Street Fighter V....Sony is not bad at all (just considering the console exclusives)... considering some first studios projects have not been yet revealed and some surprises could come for the end of the next year....

Street Fighter V is slated for 2017/2018 so far.

WAT!

AlexSays

So far I really only care to follow Uncharted 4, Halo 5, and the new Zelda assuming it's a large step forward from the last couple.

Other than that The Witcher 3 is seemingly the most exciting game of next year, and that has been delayed.. thus ruining my life from Feb to May.

AlexSays

Ralek85

Bloodborne and The Order: 1886 are already preordered ($15 cashback by Sony^^).
Quantum Break is a definite Day1 also (Remedy never disappoints, and this was one of the mean reasons I got a Bone in the first place), Halo 5: Guardians, Crackdown, Phantom Dust and Scalecound as well (though some seem doubtful candidates for 2015).
Also interested in Below, Aliennation and Rime ... I think you are missing Abzu btw.
As for Nintendo Splatoon is a definite Day 1, so is Zelda. 'X' is also almost certainly on my to buy list, as for Star Fox, I'd say very likely, if it's anything like the N64 one, and not too focused on those damn gyro controls, which I still can't stand. SMTxFE is also a definite Day 1 assuming it is really still underway .... Anything SMT, FE or Advance Wars related falls into that category basically.
Codename S.T.E.A.M is on my Day1 list for the same reason, as is Majoras Mask

I don't know why people seem to think exclusives are not worth the cost, if 50% of those announced deliver, it will be quite grand, and exclusives tend to be up to snuff more often than not ....

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

MsJubilee

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Excitebike
Battletoads
Colony Wars

One will rule two will fall which gaming giant will dominate?Take your pick people!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.