General Discussion Forum

Topic: Major League Baseball

Showing 221 to 240 of 336

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

221. Posted:

BoSox beat Minnesota last night after just getting swept under the rug by Texas at Texas. D: The Sox, despite all that, at 21-11, still have the best record in baseball. Texas has one more loss at 20-12; St. Louis is a half game behind sitting at 20-11. Yep, ............. still the best record!

As far as the division goes, Boston has a 2 game lead over the Yanks and the O's. Six and 1/2 over Tampa Bay and 9 1/2 over Toronto.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

222. Posted:

Don't worry about any of that as I still expect my Tigers to be then in the end!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

DRL

223. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Don't worry about any of that as I still expect my Tigers to be then in the end!!

Hoping. I can't handle another disappointment as deveatating as last year's World Series, though. That was just painful to endure.

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

224. Posted:

DRL wrote:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Hoping. I can't handle another disappointment as deveatating as last year's World Series, though. That was just painful to endure.

How about the last two world series appearances!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Windy

225. Posted:

California Angels.......I still call them the California Angels after all these years. I live and die with them since I was a kid. So far this year has been very disappointing with all that great talent they have.

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

226. Posted:

Windy wrote:

California Angels.......I still call them the California Angels after all these years. I live and die with them since I was a kid. So far this year has been very disappointing with all that great talent they have.

They started off that way last year as well till Trout help pull them out of the cellar! This year they have too many people underperforming and Weaver hurt doesn't help either. If they don't pull it together in the next 25 games they could be done as it looks like the A's are for real!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

WildMan

227. Posted:

I know this is a baseball thread, but since my hockey thread gets like no hits, I'll just post this here. Hopefully my Wild can beat the Blackhawks tonight at our Xcel Energy Center.. GGGOOOO WILD!

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

228. Posted:

Red Sox beat the Yankees last night in a rain delayed game up there in the Bronx. They were only able to get 5 1/2 innings in but it still turned out to be an official game. Yanks have lost 7 our of their last 8 games. Red Sox no longer have the best record in baseball, but it's June and they are sitting in first atop the NL East standings and that makes this fan a happy panda.

Now, sure as spitfire, they will spiral downward because of my aforementioned gloating.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
My name in a game!!!

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

229. Posted:

The Reds aren't doing too bad but they need to pull ahead of them Pirates and overtake the Cardinals already!
Can't believe after the Reds beat the Pirates two in a row in Pittsburgh, they lost the last one in extra innings. Oh well. It's a long season.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

230. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

The Reds aren't doing too bad but they need to pull ahead of them Pirates and overtake the Cardinals already!
Can't believe after the Reds beat the Pirates two in a row in Pittsburgh, they lost the last one in extra innings. Oh well. It's a long season.

My dad was a huge Reds fan growing up. He got to experience the "Big Red Machine" which had greats like Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, and Joe Morgan. Because of my dad's passion for that team, I secretly root for the Reds. I would love to see them #1 in their division!!! :-P

My name in a game!!!

AuthorMessage

WildMan

231. Posted:

Looks like another down year for MN and doing substitute cheering for Detroit.. :(

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

232. Posted:

Metal_Sonic wrote:

Looks like another down year for MN and doing substitute cheering for Detroit.. :(

Detroit isn't doing great atm either! They really need to start scoring more runs with all the money they have tied up on that offense.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

233. Posted:

The June Swoon is over. Welcome to July, baseball fanatics!!!

The Orioles just finished a sweep of the Evil Empire New York Yankees in Camden Yards over the weekend. :-P

However, the BoSox are still in first place atop the AL East Division by 2 and a half games over them O's. Yanks are 6 games out of first.

And, somebody stop the press! The Pittsburgh Pirates are in first place in the NL Central???

Wait....you're telling me they have the best record in baseball?!?!??????

:O :O :O

My name in a game!!!

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

234. Posted:

For as long as I've followed baseball, the Pirates have absolutely sucked. It still a bit jarring to see them in first this late in the season. It's great for baseball though.

Meanwhile, my Sox are the first AL team to 50 wins.

/me dusts off his shoulders.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

235. Posted:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

For as long as I've followed baseball, the Pirates have absolutely sucked. It still a bit jarring to see them in first this late in the season. It's great for baseball though.

Meanwhile, my Sox are the first AL team to 50 wins.

/me dusts off his shoulders.

I believe the Pirates have had 21 straight losing seasons. And they were all awful, pretty much. lol

My name in a game!!!

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

236. Posted:

Well at least my marlins are playing a lot better as of late.. if we could only make some runs... lol...

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

Pianomanfreak

237. Posted:

I root for the Pittsburgh Pirates.

My Youtube channel!

3DS Friend Code: 4425-2766-8363 | Nintendo Network ID: Pianomanfreak

AuthorMessage

KingOfTheDogs

238. Posted:

Go Yankees! Gotta catch them Red Sox . But ofc, since they are the Red Sox that shouldn't be hard at the end of the season :d

Formerly LabradoodleKing and PugKing, now just KingOfTheDogs.

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9493-5098

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

239. Posted:

PugKing wrote:

Go Yankees! Gotta catch them Red Sox . But ofc, since they are the Red Sox that shouldn't be hard at the end of the season :d

Ooooh, snap! :O

Sox and Yanks both won last night. Orioles lost.

My name in a game!!!

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

240. Posted:

BASEBALL FANS - WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF AUGUST!!!

My BoSox won last night and the Tampa Bay Rays lost so I believe that puts the Sox back in first place in that division.

Also........MLB threatening to take A-Rod out of baseball forever thrills me beyond anything you could possibly imagine. Commissioner Bud Selig needs to break out the ForeverBanHammer on him!!!! >:[

My name in a game!!!