Forums

Topic: system war ps2 vs gamecube

Posts 141 to 160 of 220

bezerker99

The_Fox wrote:

3Dash wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Nintendo has "stolen" plenty of things too, folks. It's how the industry works.

The only thing I can think of that Nintendo has stolen is the Wii U pro controller, but the N64 controller looked like that somewhat and so did the Classic Controller Pro, so they didn't really steal anything.

Putting NES games on cartridges? Stolen.
Putting Gamecube/Wii games on discs? Stolen.
Using Memory Cards to save games? Stolen.
Dual analog sticks? Stolen.
Motion controls? Stolen. (Seriously, Nintendo wasn't the first to use come up with the tech)
Touch screens? Stolen. (See above)

And so on. Let's keep things in perspective.

The Power Glove, to me, was the first motion controlled device. It wasn't designed by Nintendo but it was an officially licensed product by them....albeit an awful one.

Happy_Mask

Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Reala

Don't think this thread is getting locked, looks fairly civil to me anyway.

Reala

theblackdragon

@3Dash, et. al — if you don't like the thread, don't post in it. no one's forcing you to click the title to check it out.

either way, this seems pretty civil as far as these threads go. if we all keep it civil, I won't have to lock it. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Sonicmon

i think i counted right 10-5 wii won
Untitled
so far 3ds even though either system has no games im interested in so far 3ds has tales of the abyss sonic gen and shinobi while vita persona 4 golden so 3ds
3ds:1
vita:0

Edited on by Sonicmon

sonic fan for ever and i love sega best system ever the genesis
best game ever SONIC CD!!!!
playing:anything i feel like right now >:3
i was MR-SEGA

moomoo

The Vita hasn't even been out for a year, yet we have to say which one is better right now?
If I would have gagued the success of the Dreamcast at launch versus the PS2 at launch, I easily would have said the Dreamcast was better. 10 years later, and the PS2 is nearly undisputedly a better system.

Once again, no vote from me.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Mieu-Fire

erm erm 3ds cause the best game ever ish on it
3ds 3
vita 0

MANGO

NinFreak

3DS. Never played on a Vita but looks pretty cool. It just needs more games.

(insert witty signature here)

Nintendo Network ID: Ryano96

Happy_Mask

3ds. (@Sonicmon you may want to stick with past consoles, as it will keep the flaming to a minimum. :3)

Mieu-Fire

i just notice sonicmon was mr-sega i feel so slow xD :3

MANGO

Gamer83

turtlelink wrote:

The Wii had like... 5 awesome games for it so yea... PS3 for me.

The Wii definitely had more than 5 awesome games. Granted I prefer the PS3 but the Wii is also a great console. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Super Paper Mario, Punch-Out!!, DKC Returns, No More Heroes 1 and 2, Sin & Punishment Star Successor, Red Steel 2, Wii Sports Resort, The Last Story, Xenoblade, Metroid Prime 3, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, LoZ: Skyward Sword, Little King's Story... That's way more than a mere 5 games and I'm sure I'm missing some.

AS far as 3DS vs. Vita, it's close but right now I have to go with Vita.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Bankai

3Dash wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Nintendo has "stolen" plenty of things too, folks. It's how the industry works.

The only thing I can think of that Nintendo has stolen is the Wii U pro controller, but the N64 controller looked like that somewhat and so did the Classic Controller Pro, so they didn't really steal anything.

Nintendo "stole" the concept of touch screens (Nintendo didn't invent it), buttons (the NES was not the first console with buttons), motion controlling (Nintendo didn't invent it), Glasses-free 3D (Nintendo didn't invent it)... oh and here's the great one - Nintendo stole the idea of an analogue stick on a handheld console from... wait for it... Sony!

Nintendo also stole the idea of wireless interaction between handheld and console from Sony (been happening since the PSP/ PS3 days), and Apple (Apple TV/ Airplay).

Nintendo takes existing technologies and applies them to gaming consoles. While this is innovation, it's hardly creating new technology. That it works in the market and then Sony decides to improve on it (the Move is technologically superior to the Wiimote)... that's not stealing, kids. That's just being a business.

Happy_Mask

@OlympicCho we've already flipped the page, so please don't reignite it.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.