Forums

Topic: Swapnote Battle League: Season 2

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,604

Lostog

@ALinkttPresent - i'm sorry, i didn't mean to be. i hope you didn't either, because you sounded a bit rude in the few last posts. not towards me specifically, but still

signature!

3DS Friend Code: 1375-8539-5041

Prof_Clayton

I know some puzzles are better than others, that's just how it has to go. They all can't be the same, or they would all be the same puzzle. Plus, some people like Math, some like Brain-Benders, some like Word Play; there are a lot of things that create an individual 'perfect puzzle' for everybody. :3
So... @ALinkttPresent I read that as you talking to @Knuckles not @Kylo; now I understand.
@mariobro4 Ok, good. :3

Also, to clarify, for Group A all the boxes are the same size. If you send another answer in a new note, then it will be counted when your original answer came.

I had meant to put that in the puzzle, I must have missed it when I checked. D:

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

ALinkttPresent

@Prof_Clayton (1) Of course they can't all be as fantastic as others. I still wait pantiently for the next puzzle.
(2) I thought something didn't connect there.
(3) Well that changes everything.
(4) (not a reply) Was that supposed to be a math puzzle? If I remember, it goes math, logic, misc, word play.

ALinkttPresent

Lostog

@ALinkttPresent - i received a math one, so... it probably is misc? from what i got from my teammates it seems to be an interesting application of math and googlefu though... or you could try inspired guessing. or maybe it's a tricky worded puzzle. personally, i'm intrigued by this one.
wait why am i helping

Edited on by Lostog

signature!

3DS Friend Code: 1375-8539-5041

ThePirateCaptain

-_-
I hate the math puzzles. Also, do the people who get the question right recieved and special advantages?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ALinkttPresent

@CapnPancakes The people who get it right attack before the people who got it wrong no matter what. I think that's it.

ALinkttPresent

Prof_Clayton

@Group_A When making the puzzle, I assumed all the coins have the same weight in comparison to size. So, say a nickle is half the size of a quarter. I assumed 2 Nickles = 1 Quarter (in weight). However, some of you took it in a different way than I intended, and that kinda messed it up.
I'm possibly accepting 2 answers now.
One for the original answer I came up with.
One if you use the weights and calculate it out. I'm not sure if this will hold true for all box sizes though, because you never know how they fit and it's complicated. I think it's much easier to think of another solution.
Again, I'm only human, but that was a dumb puzzle and I apologize.
@ALinkttPresent @Lostog The rotation of puzzle types was hard to do this round; I'm starting it after I get back. I'm still deciding between a few types anyway.
Also Everyone be sure to add @Kyloctopus~
@Capn Exactly what @ALinkttPresent said. Plus the fact that it can help in determining any items sent to you.
I've been debating all day wether to send out Q3 or not yet. I have them all written, but I'm glad I didn't send them because I'm leaving Thursday. So to be safe, Q3 is due Wednesday still, with results on Thursday. Then, if the plan with @Kylo pulls through, Q3 comes out on Sunday and is due on Saturday, with results on the next Sunday. Q4 comes out next Wednesday, due the following Tuesday with results the Wednesday.
Confusing? Here's a run down:

Sunday: Q3 Released
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday: Q4 Released
Thursday
Friday
Saturday: Q3 Due
Sunday: Q3 Results
(Still)Sunday: I'll be back and send Q5
Monday
Tuesday: Q4 Due
Wednesday: Q4 Results

I'm hoping to get it all back on schedule.
@Kylo I need to discuss all of the stuff somewhere with you. Also, you can either write puzzles, or rewrite mine, we need to get this sorted out ASAP.
Regardless, when I'm back the normal routine will either start or keep going~
Long post. o_o"

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com

ALinkttPresent

@Prof_Clayton That sounds like a great plan... Just one problem: today's Monday. Also, when is the due date for Q2?

ALinkttPresent

Prof_Clayton

@ALinkttPresent Nope. Sorry, but I'm going on vacation and have a ton to do with little time. D:
Also to add to matters, our neighborhood power keeps coming on and off. :/

Welcome to my signature.

Kyloctopus

@Prof_Clayton I think it would be better if you just sent me the puzzle, you want. And I'll just rewrite it and post the results accurately, if thats OK. Unless I can make a Clayton-quality puzzle myself, but nothing is popping up.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Prof_Clayton

@Kylo Okay. :3 I have 4 written, and I'll make up another 4 soon.
I honestly don't think of writing puzzles ahead of time. I just sit down, take something around me, and write a puzzle about it.
It usually works, for me anyway. ._."
So I'll send you 8 by the end of tomorrow, and the answers as well.

Welcome to my signature.

KiwiPanda

Kyloctopus wrote:

I understand Clayton is a busy Professor, so I did the results for him.

Round 1 Results

1st: The Doom (200)
@KingOfEvil 50
@GamecubeLad 50
@Karakato 50
@Kyloctopus 50

2nd/3rd: The Evil Fury (186)
@NoUsernameHere 39
@Late 50
@SheldonRandoms 47
@Fire-Mario 46

2nd/3rd: The Other People (186)
@RedPanda 50
@GrooseLord 38
@Lostog 50
@Tricoloryoshi 50

4th: Neo Heroes (185)
@TrueHero 48
@3Dash 47
@IdealHero 46
@Knuckles 44

5th: The Time Shepherds (181)
@ALinkttPresent: 45
@SirFrancisBacon: 36
@Gustof 50
@mariobro4 50

Last Place: Swagnote Penguins
@Sir_Anthony 28
@Blaze 46
@CapnPancakes 50
@Nintengirl 50

Yes, that is right. One team didn't get attacked at all! Very surprising. Congrats The Doom.
Another interesting detail is that The Neo Heroes are the only team to have everyone be attacked.

Not to be that guy, but looking closely, wouldn't The Other People be at 188 along with The Evil Fury at 182?
@Lostog - What I sent you was a rather specific copy, the puzzle being that simple. I have one more small question left will hopefully be mailed to you sometime tonight.

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

Prof_Clayton

@ALinkttPresent Thanks, it just works out most of the time.
@Kylo I've made mistakes too, I strongly reccomend a calculator. :3
@RedPanda Let me know what you eventually answer with.
Deadline is Wednesday~

Welcome to my signature.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.