General Discussion Forum

Topic: SuperSonic1990 VS AlexSays-The Fight of the Century

Showing 41 to 60 of 128

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

41. Posted:

__Stevie wrote:

I still don't see how they would lose money but thankyou for backing up your bold statement with hear say.

Because,Nintendo dosen't want to get lawsuited by music companies. They were lawsuited for the Wii Remote and the Classic Controller,so that is why Nintendo likes to avoid lawsuits. We currently live in a lawsuit happy world,where people like to lawsuit you for petty things. Also,Nintendo's legal team help out on a lot of things. They changed Piston Honda's name in Punch-Out Wii just to avoid a lawsuit,so now do you understand?
Glad I could help.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

42. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Here is an example:On the Game Boy Advance,Nintendo decided to release the Super Mario Advance series. They were the same games,but with new features. But most of these games were ports of the games on Super Mario All-Stars.

Not a parallel example. Those games were not available on GBA before. NPC games are already playable on Wii. Why people have such a hard time grasping this very basic concept, I'll never know. GBA-owners who were too young to experience the golden era of the SNES were fortunately given some significantly updated versions, and that's great for them.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Yet,I bet you guys loved those remakes.

Ah, one of my favorite Eugene tactics, making completely baseless assumptions. No, I didn't like them. The additions were nice, but the games were designed for a taller screen, which makes the GBA screen less than ideal. Also, I dislike playing games on tiny screens anyway. Also also, I have all the original Mario releases and can play them on a big screen with a friend, so why should I care?

They were great for those who otherwise were unable to play the games though. Any version of Super Mario World is better than none.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

So,what is so different about the NPC series then the Advance series?

Besides everything? :D

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Nintendo will keep releasing these games,so you guys CANNOT stop Nintendo from doing it. Remember,Nintendo apparently puts business above everything else. That's why Nintendo will NOT put Earthbound on the VC,because they will lose money. That also goes for the Starfy games too.

Funny, that's the exact region North America is getting so few NPC titles in comparison to Japan. If you don't buy a company's games, that is certainly the best way to stop them from making them. In fact, without resorting to threats on their persons, it's the only way.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

I do NOT make invalid points and for the LAST TIME,I'm not Eugene Wrayburn.

Clearly, you haven't read my previous post, or at least have chosen to ignore every obvious contradiction in your post that I pointed out... which by an amusing coincidence is exactly what Eugene used to do. :D

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Well,AlexSays called on Adam,so like the old saying goes, a tooth for a tooth. :P

What.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

43. Posted:

Machu wrote:

@SuperSonic1990

I've been dying to talk about but din't wanna ruin for everyone still waiting. It's swallowing about 4-5 hours everyday, and when I'm not playing, I'm thinking about when I can get back to it. IT'S AWESOME! It's got that real Nintendo feel to it quality and content wise, but with a dark sense of humour. I'm gonna start a thread closer to the time of US release in the hope of getting a few more people to buy it, as it hasn't done well here, yet deserves to sell lots!
The game feels like Pikmin (chuck guys at stuff), but the game world is unique and the way it grows around you keeps on surprising me, and I'm nearly 60 hours in. Plus its flappin hard in places.

PURE CLASSIC!

Wow,sounds like a must-buy for me. I think I will hold off on buying games for awhile,[I bought too many games. I have more then a 100 VC and WiiWare games and a decent number of retail Wii and Gamecube games.],so I can save up money for this game! Thanks for the advice.

Wow,looks like I have a LOT more people agreeing with me then you AlexSays. :P
Thanks for supporting me guys!

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

44. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Well,AlexSays called on Adam,so like the old saying goes, a tooth for a tooth. :P

what teeth? Chicken Brutus shouldn't have any, unless you're calling on... dun-dun-dunnnnnnnn... an impostor! DDD:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Machu

45. Posted:

@SuperSonic1990

Do it dude!

says to self "1 down, 99,999 to go"

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

46. Posted:

Oh,so you're guys going to compare me to Eugene Wrayburn still? Just for the record,I disagree with Eugene Wrayburn. I'm not unresonable like him,and he had some issues with me. So stop,because I have NOT compared you guys to him or everybody else. But,I CAN if you guys keep it up.
Tooth for tooth,means if somebody does something to you,do it back at them. AlexSays called Adam,I called Chicken Brutus,simple. I think Nintendo wiil CONTINUE to release NPC games year by year. Because,NPC games are selling well. NPC games have stopped? I don't think so. Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will be released in the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Basically,the NPC games are selling like hot cakes,because casual gamers want them. I would LOVE to even see 3rd party NPC games. How about The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess and Resident Evil 4,hmm guys? Those games are basically the same games with new controls,but they were awesome games and good business practice.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kizzi

47. Posted:

Dang! no one even responded to my post. :(
ahh whatever, I already got part of alex's post erased. :D

Edited on by Kizzi

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

48. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Well,AlexSays called on Adam,so like the old saying goes, a tooth for a tooth. :P

what teeth? Chicken Brutus shouldn't have any, unless you're calling on... dun-dun-dunnnnnnnn... an impostor! DDD:

Ok,I should have said,a beak for a beak. :P

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

49. Posted:

Kizzi wrote:

uh oh... here I go:
I for one am a fan a NPC games. As far as I see it, the only legit arguments that the anti-NPC people can bring up is that the NPC games are taking away from the development of new games, which as far as I know, there is no proof of that. We were shown at E3 that nintendo has some games coming up, maybe not as many as you would want, but there never is. All in all, NPC games are just games ported onto the wii from the gamecube with NPC play control so that people who missed the game could enjoy them, which i am fine with. So unless you have proof that these games are taking away from the development of new games, which I would be glad to see, you can't hate on these games unless you just don't like the game. ;)

Kizzi,I was going to respond,sorry about that. You made some excellent points. Thumbs up!

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kizzi

50. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Kizzi,I was going to respond,sorry about that. You made some excellent points. Thumbs up!

:) thanks

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

51. Posted:

Looks like I win,hands down! :D AlexSays apparently has given up. I have NO idea what his new topic is,but whatever it is,it can't be that important as the lengendary NPC games debate. :P After all the NPC topic had 10 PAGES deleted because it turned into the flaming wars.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stevie

52. Posted:

Now i have checked this issue out for myself on the internet i do understand, the point i was making is that you just stated "That's why Nintendo will NOT put Earthbound on the VC,because they will lose money." without backing this statement up with any facts, which doesn't help your debate.

The sentence should read Thats why Nintendo MOST LIKELY will not put Earthbound on the VC, as the lawsuits relating to the music in the game being similar to already licensed music would make it not worth their while

This is good

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

53. Posted:

__Stevie wrote:

Now i have checked this issue out for myself on the internet i do understand, the point i was making is that you just stated "That's why Nintendo will NOT put Earthbound on the VC,because they will lose money." without backing this statement up with any facts, which doesn't help your debate.

The sentence should read Thats why Nintendo MOST LIKELY will not put Earthbound on the VC, as the lawsuits relating to the music in the game being similar to already licensed music would make it not worth their while

Well,I did not go into details,because I thought everybody knew this news. This news was put on Nintendo Life half a year ago. But,yeah sorry about that.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JTC-Pingas

54. Posted:

This is a very good thread. I like it ;)

Edited on by JTC-Pingas

JTC-Pingas

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

55. Posted:

claps for SuperSonic1990

Wow you won a debate against Alexsays damn! :D

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stevie

56. Posted:

No Problems :) , only trying to help, oh and for what my opinion is worth i am a fan of NPC, the only valid argument i could see against it is that Nintendo would not concentrate on new releases which is obviously not the case after this years E3.

This is good

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

57. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Oh,so you're guys going to compare me to Eugene Wrayburn still? Just for the record,I disagree with Eugene Wrayburn. I'm not unresonable like him,and he had some issues with me. So stop,because I have NOT compared you guys to him or everybody else. But,I CAN if you guys keep it up.

Don't say "guys." It was only me, and it was just a joke. But the fact that you continue to ignore every point I've made and every contradiction you've made does create a somewhat similar picture, just without all the non-sequitur and accusations of being emotional.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Tooth for tooth,means if somebody does something to you,do it back at them. AlexSays called Adam,I called Chicken Brutus,simple.

I know what the phrase means, but you used it completely out of context. Hint: Quotes are helpful and easy to use.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

I think Nintendo wiil CONTINUE to release NPC games year by year. Because,NPC games are selling well. NPC games have stopped? I don't think so. Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will be released in the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

No one said they have stopped. I just said we aren't getting nearly as many of them as Japan is, and if they are truly selling like hot cakes, this would not be the case.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

How about The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess and Resident Evil 4,hmm guys? Those games are basically the same games with new controls,but they were awesome games and good business practice.

This is even worse than the Mario Advance comparison. Twilight Princess was released on Wii first. The GC version is basically an "Old Play Control" edition. Get your facts straight. Plus, the GC version actually sold very, very well even after the Wii version was released, so apparently not everyone liked the mundane waggle controls added for the Wii. Even Nintendo has openly said that TP had disappointing sales. If the GC version had been released first, or even simultaneously, I doubt the Wii version would have sold well at all. Most prefer the traditional controls. Shaking a controller randomly to swing a sword is not revolutionary.

RE4 did do well, but that isn't at all relevant. It's a different company, and Wii already has one new RE and another in the works. Plus they were working on 5 at the same time for other systems. It is difficult to develop such games for Wii at the same time since it is so behind in graphical capabilities. Nintendo doesn't have this problem though because they only develop for one console.

EDIT: And now you're claiming to "win"? LOL. Now that sounds very familiar, but I'll refrain from saying why since you're sensitive about it.
Anyway, discussions aren't games. Also, you've ignored every point brought up against you, and you've clearly been contradicting yourself repeatedly, so even if it were a game, you've won nothing.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kizzi

58. Posted:

Adam would you mind saying something about my quote, I'm curious what you have to say? ;)

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Objection

59. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Looks like I win,hands down! :D AlexSays apparently has given up. I have NO idea what his new topic is,but whatever it is,it can't be that important as the lengendary NPC games debate. :P After all the NPC topic had 10 PAGES deleted because it turned into the flaming wars.

So a thread is only important if it leads to idiots flaming? This thread is half-important already! ;) I also didn't know that to "win", you just have to annoy your opponent with an old topic and have them go on to more productive endeavors while you hold the minority opinion.
*And not to be a jerk but because it bugs me, the phrase is usually "eye for an eye;" no one says "tooth for a tooth" by itself.

Kizzi wrote:

So unless you have proof that these games are taking away from the development of new games, which I would be glad to see, you can't hate on these games unless you just don't like the game. ;)

I can't hate a game for it already being released and playable on the system its rereleasing for? Alright, I'm gonna go stop. Good thing I have people like you to tell me what I can and can't like. :P

Edited on by Objection

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

60. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Oh,so you're guys going to compare me to Eugene Wrayburn still? Just for the record,I disagree with Eugene Wrayburn. I'm not unresonable like him,and he had some issues with me. So stop,because I have NOT compared you guys to him or everybody else. But,I CAN if you guys keep it up.

Don't say "guys." It was only me, and it was just a joke. But the fact that you continue to ignore every point I've made and every contradiction you've made does create a somewhat similar picture, just without all the non-sequitur and accusations of being emotional.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Tooth for tooth,means if somebody does something to you,do it back at them. AlexSays called Adam,I called Chicken Brutus,simple.

I know what the phrase means, but you used it completely out of context. Hint: Quotes are helpful and easy to use.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

I think Nintendo wiil CONTINUE to release NPC games year by year. Because,NPC games are selling well. NPC games have stopped? I don't think so. Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will be released in the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

No one said they have stopped. I just said we aren't getting nearly as many of them as Japan is, and if they are truly selling like hot cakes, this would not be the case.

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

How about The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess and Resident Evil 4,hmm guys? Those games are basically the same games with new controls,but they were awesome games and good business practice.

This is even worse than the Mario Advance comparison. Twilight Princess was released on Wii first. The GC version is basically an "Old Play Control" edition. Get your facts straight. Plus, the GC version actually sold very, very well even after the Wii version was released, so apparently not everyone liked the mundane waggle controls added for the Wii. Even Nintendo has openly said that TP had disappointing sales. If the GC version had been released first, or even simultaneously, I doubt the Wii version would have sold well at all. Most prefer the traditional controls. Shaking a controller randomly to swing a sword is not revolutionary.

RE4 did do well, but that isn't at all relevant. It's a different company, and Wii already has one new RE and another in the works. Plus they were working on 5 at the same time for other systems. It is difficult to develop such games for Wii at the same time since it is so behind in graphical capabilities. Nintendo doesn't have this problem though because they only develop for one console.

EDIT: And now you're claiming to "win"? LOL. Now that sounds very familiar, but I'll refrain from saying why since you're sensitive about it.
Anyway, discussions aren't games. Also, you've ignored every point brought up against you, and you've clearly been contradicting yourself repeatedly, so even if it were a game, you've won nothing.

I seriously agree with most of what your claiming Adam though the main reason TP sold as bad as it did on Wii is due to the fact that when the Wii was released TP was also released on Wii and shortly followed GC. Not everyone in 2006 or even 2007 for that matter had a Wii, and with short shipments on Wiis, not too many could get one soon enough to begin with. Instead of buying a new-console to play the same Zelda with new controls why not just buy it for your GC and save the hassle?

And TP on Wii is technically a GC port because it was intended to originally release on GC but was also released on the Wii. IGN also seems to agree with me. Just watch their video review :)

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury