Forums

Topic: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (The Sony Smash Bros. Rip-Off)

Posts 21 to 36 of 36

TwilightV

So far this roster is unimpressive to me. The only character that really caught my attention was Parappa.

Edit: Although I would like to see Sly in action.

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

CanisWolfred

Morpheel wrote:

Lol at the fat princess doing peach's moves.

LMAO, yeah. Talk about sneering reference (or whatever it's called...)

And to all those complaining that it looks like Super Smash Bros. with Sony characters, remeber that for one thing, this isn't the final product, and even if it is all it ever amounts to, that's all people wanted in the first place. You can't have Sony Characters in Super Smash Bros. after all, so why not?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Malkeor

Sony_70 wrote:

Malkeor wrote:

watches more gameplay
I...I do hope that they at least have some originality in it though for the final product

@Sony_70 Health in " marks ...just a placeword for what's actually there.

And sure it could be different, but right now...there isn't much difference from what we are seeing, which is the overall picture

Thatbar is the super meter friend. In the current build there is nothing that indicates health.

If I was absolutely sure what it was I wouldn't have put " marks xD promise
But that does make it a tad more interesting

I finished reading that forum post...but to tell you the truth it just sound like Super Smash Bros. Plus to me
I always wait to see what the final product will be, but that's why i'm curious. I have a PS3 so I will buy this most likely anyway

Edited on by Malkeor

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

shingi_70

SHOCKING NEWS NINTENDOLIFE POSTER POINTS OUTTHERE IS ONLY SO MANY WAYS TO MAKE A TIGHTING GAME WITH LIMITED BUTTON INOUT.

IN RELATED NEWS NINTENDO IS SUED AND KILLED BY HP OVER USE OF THE TOUCH SCREEN.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Eel

Mickeymac wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

Lol at the fat princess doing peach's moves.

LMAO, yeah. Talk about sneering reference (or whatever it's called...)

Haha yeah, it's actually pretty cool.
If I ever get a Vita and it gets a version of this game, and it is good, I'll totally get it for that alone.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Syrup

Sony_70 wrote:

SHOCKING NEWS NINTENDOLIFE POSTER POINTS OUT THERE IS ONLY SO MANY WAYS TO MAKE A FIGHTING GAME WITH LIMITED BUTTON INOUT.

I don't know why.... But, I've got the strangest feeling that you're a Sony fan... I dunno, I'm no detective.

CanisWolfred

@kyuubikid213 and his complaints about the controls. It's called if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Out of all the things, that's kind of odd to point out. Most fighting games have extremely similar controls, only changing significanly between types.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

RevolverFlare wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

SHOCKING NEWS NINTENDOLIFE POSTER POINTS OUT THERE IS ONLY SO MANY WAYS TO MAKE A FIGHTING GAME WITH LIMITED BUTTON INOUT.

I don't know why.... But, I've got the strangest feeling that you're a Sony fan... I dunno, I'm no detective.

He's actually a Microsoft fan, it's just a disguise to throw people off, but don't tell anyone.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

I don't care if it's a blatant rip-off or not, and I don't see a single reason for anyone to complain.

-This isn't going to stop Nintendo from making Smash Bros.
-Smash Bros is awesome, so if this is just a rip-off, it will be just as awesome.
-If it is significantly different, well good for the devs for making it so.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jamouse

Patapons > Entire SSB cast

Jamouse

kyuubikid213

Mickeymac wrote:

@kyuubikid213 and his complaints about the controls. It's called if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Out of all the things, that's kind of odd to point out. Most fighting games have extremely similar controls, only changing significanly between types.

I was merely pointing that out because Sony_70 said that calling it a Smash Bros. clone because of what you see on the surface level would make me look like a fool. Then he posted a link to a site explaining the controls to the game. I just wanted to show him that they are basically the same inside and out.

Other than that, there is nothing wrong with the control scheme. As you said, "If it aint broke don't fix it."

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Malkeor

@Sony_70 U MAD UR SUNTHIN'?

Ign quote from the linked forum post:

After playing the game, speaking to the president of the studio and then playing the game some more, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is no longer a game I'm profoundly skeptical of, but one of my most-anticipated upcoming projects. There's no reason to be coy about its inspiration — Super Smash Bros. undeniably paved the way for it — but no reason exists to dismiss it as a clone, either. After all, it's not very often that a clone gives its inspiration a serious run for its money. And from what I've seen and played of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, it seems ready to do just that.

Waits for die hard fan boys

Edited on by Malkeor

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

EvilRegal

I may get this, just as a SSB substitute, until the next SSB comes out for 3DS & Wii U. That's something Sony may be counting on from Nintendo/PlayStation fans, that SSB fans will be looking for something to tide them over during the long wait (and there are years to wait still).

They're doing some serious copycatting, though. This is the Japanese name of the original N64 Super Smash Bros.: "Nintendo All Star! Dairantō Smash Brothers." Hey, this is NintendoLife. Had to make fun of Sony at some point.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

CanisWolfred

Guys, just a thought, but this might force Nintendo to beef up their next Super Smash Bros game so no one has any good reason to buy Sony's game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.