Forums

Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2 too hard to get all 120 golden stars?

Posts 1 to 20 of 34

GreatManaTree

I adore SMGalaxy 2,but some stars are frustratingly hard,especially those with a time limit!What do you think?And is there someone who finished the game completely,including all green stars?I wonder if Shigeru Miyamoto completed the game!

GreatManaTree

Raylax

Plenty of people have finished it, it's not that hard. Some take a little perseverance.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

KeeperBvK

Green stars? What green stars? I got all 120 stars, but I can't seem to remember any green ones.

KeeperBvK

Stuffgamer1

I finished all the gold stars and got partway through the green ones, stopping due to distraction, not difficulty. Sure, the game's challenging, but I've played worse...far worse.

@KeeperBvK: Go beat the final Bowser boss again, and the green stars will become available to earn.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

irken004

I'm stuck with 89 gold stars. Those darn monkey stars are tough to get...

V8_Ninja

Raises hand to completing the game.

Yep, SMG2 is frustratingly hard if you're trying to complete it. But it's also pretty fun.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Ark

I had all 120 pretty darn quickly, despite being busy with life at the time of release. o.O Never finished those green stars though. Couldn't be bothered to search for stuff in linear levels that stop you from backtracking.

Even if you're downright terrible at the game, there's that whatchamacallit feature that lets you get free stars or whatever (if you've died enough). You don't get the same sense of accomplishment though...

JebbyDeringer

I haven't had the chance to play it in a while. I've only played a couple frustrating ones so far but I haven't finished the game. I'm trying to get all the stars as they come available so I'm not quite through the end of the game yet. I can imagine how hard some of them will get though.

Are the green stars any different or just using Luigi?

JebbyDeringer

Deviant_Mugen

I've got all of the stars except for the very last one (which is quite challenging to get), which puts me at 241 stars. I really should go back and get that final star one of these days...

@JebbyDeringer: If I recall correctly, you can use either brother to collect the green stars. Also, the green stars are different in that they're almost always just there for the taking, all you have to do is find them and grab them (and most of them are placed before you reach the checkpoint flags)...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Faildude

The only hard star was the 241st. All the other ones were pretty easy.
Edit: Actually, it was the 242nd.

Edited on by Faildude

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

ArmoredGoomba

120 gold stars wasn't hard.

ArmoredGoomba

SuperMarioFan96

120 isn't too hard. 242 is. (particularly the last star.... the star before it is pretty hard too).

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

The_Fox

I beat the game, did a little extra and put it away. Too many other great games calling for my attention to pointlessly waste my time getting all the stars.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

2-D

Not too difficult to get 120th. I'm stuck on 242nd and have been for the past 3 months

Misfortune subdues small minds.

GoldenEye 007 FC : 3933-1198-0911
2D on deviantart

StarBoy91

bananaBOB wrote:

is there someone who finished the game completely,including all green stars?

StarBoy happily raises his hand

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

LordJumpMad

bananaBOB wrote:

JumpMad happily raises his hand

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

2-D

bananaBOB wrote:

2D hangs his head in shame

Misfortune subdues small minds.

GoldenEye 007 FC : 3933-1198-0911
2D on deviantart

StarBoy91

@2D - no need to feel ashamed. It's all right.
Getting all 242 stars is not an easy task to accomplish, but with a little perseverance, you'll be able to do it.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

RaiderZX

RaiderZX bows from accomplishment

Monster Hunter Tri (NA)
Name: Nikalus
ID: EWJDSY
HR: 80+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokemon Black
FC: 0260-9799-1341

triforceofcourage

i thought it was relatively easy
(have not finished all green stars though. i think they are herder from the 20 ive done so far.

Edited on by triforceofcourage

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.