Forums

Topic: SubCultures

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

shingi_70

What do you think of all the trends and sub cultures out today and do you fit in to any of them.

Just to name a Few
Emo
Scene
Hipster
Goth
Nerd

I myself dressed Emo in my freshman year of high school to impreess this Emo chick, It wasn't that hard seeing as i love Invader Zim and a nightmare before christmas, She also Introduced me to Twilight. Right now i'm more of a Nerd wit swag. Post funny pics if you want.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

OldBoy

All of the above.You can't pigeon hole people dude.

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

Machu

Luigi78 wrote:

You can't pigeon hole people dude.

This should get the prize for the worst thread of the year, how sad!

shingi_70 wrote:

Post funny pics if you want.

Untitled

shingi_70 wrote:

I myself dressed Emo in my freshman year of high school to impreess this Emo chick,

I would have picked on you at school. sorry, this thread (and mopy teens) annoy me greatly, grrr

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Adam

And now's the time when I take what was probably a joke and respond to it as if it were earnest.

@Odnetnin: That's a political philosophy, not a subculture. Anarchism is popular in certain subcultures, most notably with punks, but it doesn't really describe one culture particularly.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

WolfRamHeart

I fit into the aging gamer category quite nicely I think.

WolfRamHeart

shingi_70

it was a joke, even though some people are harcore about thier sub cultures.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Machu

It was a joke huh, you coulda told me before i went all militant on ya ass.

Carry on....

Rawr!

shingi_70

Machu wrote:

Luigi78 wrote:

You can't pigeon hole people dude.

This should get the prize for the worst thread of the year, how sad!

shingi_70 wrote:

Post funny pics if you want.

Untitled

shingi_70 wrote:

I myself dressed Emo in my freshman year of high school to impreess this Emo chick,

I would have picked on you at school. sorry, this thread (and mopy teens) annoy me greatly, grrr

Icwas not mopey emo i just whore alot of dark clothing, listened to falloutboy, and read twilight. we broke up after she became a Scene snob, but were still friends.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Rapadash6

I'm older now but when I was in High School I avoided all the "clix" and just tried to be myself. I felt invisible because of it because I didn't really stand out in anyway but earlier this year I attended my 10 year reunion and there wasn't one person there that didn't remember me fondly. Let that be a lesson to all you youngn's out there, don't do anything that you feel isn't being true to yourself and even though they might not show it directly, people will respect you for it.

Future Wii purchases:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid: Other M
Zelda Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Sin and Punishment 2

theblackdragon

Rapadash6 wrote:

I'm older now but when I was in High School I avoided all the "clix" and just tried to be myself. I felt invisible because of it because I didn't really stand out in anyway but earlier this year I attended my 10 year reunion and there wasn't one person there that didn't remember me fondly. Let that be a lesson to all you youngn's out there, don't do anything that you feel isn't being true to yourself and even though they might not show it directly, people will respect you for it.

true that. because i was 'myself' and didn't bother really trying to fit in with any particular crowd in HS, i had friends among and was able to blend in with the preppies, the hicks, the band geeks, the goths, the anime/movie buffs and video game/computer nerds, the hacky-sack circle, the artsy kids, all kinds of people. it really was a lot of fun to have ties to so many different groups instead of attempting to pigeonhole myself into only one. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Faildude

subcultures suck because they spread and enforce the faith to stereotypes

Edited on by Faildude

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

kevohki

Emo, goth, nerd, etc. are just labels given to separate people during high school. I hung out with all of those groups (and played sports, ie. jock crowd) but I never really identified myself as belonging to one specific label. I usually responded with "human" when I was asked what crowd I rolled with.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.