Forums

Topic: Star Wars Episode VII 1st Official Trailer

Posts 101 to 106 of 106

CaviarMeths

creeprtrainer52 wrote:

i think a cool name for the character would be like shadow or sumthin' something dark, gravedigger sounds like a name 10 year old's would find cool

And shadow/dark something sounds like my first Hotmail account from when I was like 14.

Then again, with names like "Darth Plagueis" already canon, they may as well call him Evil McBadguy.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

the_shpydar

SpookyMeths wrote:

creeprtrainer52 wrote:

i think a cool name for the character would be like shadow or sumthin' something dark, gravedigger sounds like a name 10 year old's would find cool

And shadow/dark something sounds like my first Hotmail account from when I was like 14.

Then again, with names like "Darth Plagueis" already canon, they may as well call him Evil McBadguy.

Lol, truth.
And don't even get me started on the ridiculously stupid "Savage Opress".

EDIT: Though to be fair, many of the names attached to the Darth titles are meant to be "evil" names - Plagueis, Sidious, Vader, Tyrannus, Maul - evoking their root words.

But Savage Opress is just effing stupid, because it's not an adopted name like the Sith names, it's actually the character's given name.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

iKhan

the_shpydar wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

creeprtrainer52 wrote:

Lol, truth.
And don't even get me started on the ridiculously stupid "Savage Opress".

EDIT: Though to be fair, many of the names attached to the Darth titles are meant to be "evil" names - Plagueis, Sidious, Vader, Tyrannus, Maul - evoking their root words.

But Savage Opress is just effing stupid, because it's not an adopted name like the Sith names, it's actually the character's given name.

Savage Opress sounds like a Unique Monster name in Xenoblade.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Yoshi_Prime

iKhan wrote:

Savage Opress sounds like a Unique Monster name in Xenoblade.

Sounds like Tumblr.

So I like the crossgaurd lightsaber. Late to the party, I know.

Yoshi_Prime

shingi_70

Lucasfilm released the names of some of the characters

. Lucasfilm has chosen just about the coolest way ever for you to meet the characters in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. They’ve released images of Topps trading cards that reveal the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Character Names. Read them below.

The images come via Entertainment Weekly, reveal the following

The “ball droid” is BB-8
Oscar Isaac is Poe Dameron
The Sith is Kylo Ren
Daisy Ridley is Rey
John Boyega is Finn

“I’m only sorry we couldn’t give everyone a stick of gum,” Abrams told EW. Head there to see more of the images from the trailer, but this is the big news.

Another interesting tidbit is that Abrams told EW there’s a significance to the numbers on each card Those are as follows:

#11 — BB-8 on the move
#53 — Poe Dameron in his X-Wing
#67 — Kylo Ren ignites his Lightsaber
#74 — Rey on her Speeder
#76 — Finn on the run
#81 — Stormtroopers prepare for battle
#88 — X-Wings in formation
#96 — The Millennium Falcon

Man those are some star wars *** names. Didn't think one could top Sheev Palpatine or Qui-gon Jin. Intrestingly enough Fen and Rey are given last names. I wonder if its true than that Rey is a solo and Fen is Lando's son.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

SuperMalleo wrote:

I hope that longtime fans will like the movie. A lot of Trekkies hate the new Star Trek movies that JJ directed and dismiss them as generic action movies.

His trek films are similar in tone to star wars compared to trek. Dude has even said he doesn't like trek and wanted to change it.

Wars>trek btw

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.