Forums

Topic: Sony PlayStation Meeting 2011 Discussion

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

RoyalBlur

I thought it would be far better to discuss the Sony NGP here as opposed to violating the 3DS area of the forum. This area is called "General Discussion" and thus it is better to talk about it all here.

BTW here is the entire PlayStation Meeting 2011 conference here in a very clear and crisp video.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIXE7fIsraU

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RoyalBlur

LOL Phobos, never thought of that. But I've put it here now. What a pity. Can't win for losing. (Smacks head, and sighs heavily and reaches for a glass of soothing tea)

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

SpentAllMyTokens

What a pretty system. This thing is going to be really amazing. All I can think of is how long will the battery last with a game going and 3G on? Game Gearesque is the thought that comes to mind. The graphics are what they were promising though, and the screen resolution is super sexy. It's really close to the iPhone 4's, which will enable really intense graphics, especially if the pixels are small enough that you can't distinguish them like on the iPhone.

I like all the different control methods they showed. It looks very intuitive. The only thing I'm not sure of is the back touchpad. I don't see that being particularly useful, and it could even be annoying if repositioning your hands a bit causes your character to do something you don't want. I really liked how that demo played overall though. Very immersive.

It looks like everything I'd like the 3DS to have, but unfortunately, despite all the complaints about it's price, it looks like Nintendo is in fact going to stay the "cheaper" option. There's no way I see this dropping for less than $300 PLUS whatever extra per month for 3G, if you choose to get that. Out of my price range, definitely.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

RoyalBlur

Well Token Girl you seem like a really thoughtful person. I like that. I enjoy reading your posts.

BTW I'm a Nintendo fanboy at heart so I shall indeed focus on the Nintendo 3DS as it has a stronger line-up of games. Sadly the NGP hasn;t got a solid line-up of games so far and they don;t even show their first party products like Ratchet and Clank, Buzz, LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racer, Hot Shots Sports the kind of love and promotion that Nintendo gives to Mario and company. Plus, Nintendo is simply far more cooler than Sony.

Yet, I really don't think Sony would make the mistake of pricing the NGP at the EXPENSIVE price of $399.99 with a add on price for the 3G. If they are wise they won't do that but instead go for a competive price of $199.99. I really believe that Sony has learned a lot from the failure of the PSPgo.

Hopefully they'll unveil the line-up of games. I really like Little Deviants and that new Hot Shots Golf game along with the Near app. I truly hope that Sony will focus on good games for the portable the way have with the PS3. I hope they'll put just as many Ratchet and Clank games on the NGP as they have on the PS3. Ratchet and Clank, Daxter, Hot Shots Golf and Hot Shots Tennis are what caused me to take an interest in the PSP on the first place. If Sony doesn't fail me here then they've got a fan in me.

I know Sony PlayStation will focus on the casual audience a lot more now, Sony Move is proof of that along with the sweet new promotional ads for the NGP.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RoyalBlur

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

theblackdragon

TokyoRed wrote:

Yet, I really don't think Sony would make the mistake of pricing the NGP at the EXPENSIVE price of $399.99

We are talking about the same company that launched the PS3 at the low, low price of five-hundred-and-ninety-nine-US-dollars, right? I don't think they care about undercutting the competition, lol.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

XMiggsX

they lose money regardless nothing new from sony. they already lost so much money from blu-ray

XMiggsX

odd69

What I really don't understand is how Sony loses so much money from psn ALL of my extra money goes to them and its not a shabby amount plus everyone else who does like me in the world. Not to mention playstation plus.
I think i'm selling my psp to get the psp2. I love the new look and tweaks, Its enough for me to upgrade. Same with the 3DS. This is the year i get sucked back into handheld gaming for sure

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

RoyalBlur

theblackdragon wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Yet, I really don't think Sony would make the mistake of pricing the NGP at the EXPENSIVE price of $399.99

We are talking about the same company that launched the PS3 at the low, low price of five-hundred-and-ninety-nine-US-dollars, right? I don't think they care about undercutting the competition, lol.

Well lets just give Sony PlayStation the benefit of the doubt. Granted, they've learned a lot from the whipping they got from Nintendo in the last five years via the Nintendo DS and they've learned a lot from the mistake of the PSPgo's pricing. I think Sony will have a wonderful success with the NGP.

I really believe that Sony will post the price of the NGP at $249.99 and that the software will be priced at $39.99.

You can see what Sony had to say on the matter at this link: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/27/sony-wants-ngp-hardware-to-...

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

XMiggsX

odd69 wrote:

What I really don't understand is how Sony loses so much money from psn ALL of my extra money goes to them and its not a shabby amount plus everyone else who does like me in the world. Not to mention playstation plus.
I think i'm selling my psp to get the psp2. I love the new look and tweaks, Its enough for me to upgrade. Same with the 3DS. This is the year i get sucked back into handheld gaming for sure

its the fact that psn is free, thats the reason why they are losing money. thats why things like psn plus exist. sony is offering free online and now that ps3 has a hacking issue, they might end up starting to charge for the free service

XMiggsX

LzWinky

theblackdragon wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Well lets just give Sony PlayStation the benefit of the doubt.

I wouldn't hold my breath, lol

Well we did that for the PS3...yeah...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

HolyMackerel

lz20XX wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Well lets just give Sony PlayStation the benefit of the doubt.

I wouldn't hold my breath, lol

Well we did that for the PS3...yeah...

Yeah, we all suffocated. The cleaning lady grumbled about the corpses littering the streets for a few days afterwards.

HolyMackerel

OldBoy

Yep if you want the PSP2 its gonna cost you for sure.This thing will be the most powerful handheld device on the market. The tech inside this thing is staggering http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-ngp-ana... and that stuff don't come cheap. People expecting this to be the same price as a 3DS are going to be dissapointed. Its more pwerful than an ipad and we all know how much they cost! Can't wait to break it to the missus.She's only just agreed that the 3DS is worth it LOL

What's this bit for again?

SwerdMurd

that thing looks amaaaazing....

What a good morning. Handheld Uncharted sounds quite nice.

No chance it'll be cheaper than $299.99, as that's what the original PSP came out at (and 3DS is way pricier than DS was). I think they'll probably set it at $349.99...depending on when it comes out the hardware may be a bit cheaper though...but yeah $300 has to be the minimum.

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

RoyalBlur

Swerd_Murd wrote:

that thing looks amaaaazing....

What a good morning. Handheld Uncharted sounds quite nice.

No chance it'll be cheaper than $299.99, as that's what the original PSP came out at (and 3DS is way pricier than DS was). I think they'll probably set it at $349.99...depending on when it comes out the hardware may be a bit cheaper though...but yeah $300 has to be the minimum.

Yep, I agree with this wise friend. $300 has to be the minimum or else the roof shall blow.

Here is that new amazing game Little Deviants!
[youtube:W3myp7uXkCA]

Longer full conference video:
[youtube:ZJP5SNXKmTM&feature=player_embedded]

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.