Forums

Topic: SONY, NINTENDO, GET RID OF SHUTTER SOUNDS *NOW*!

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

Supereor

Beginning with the DSi in 2006, modern handheld gaming systems have included cameras to take pictures and record videos... but the worst part about the pictures are that everytime you take a picture, purely unnecessary shutter sounds play! It's annoying, you can't turn it off at all, and I know it's unnecessary because if you cover the speakers while taking a picture, it actually sort of shuts out the shutter sounds. What's even more ridiculous, is that every modern camera-bearing handheld gaming system has shutter sound software installed! Sony and Nintendo should have a patch to remove it.

Edited on by Supereor

This signature is an awful waste of time

BenAV

Why does it matter?
You trying to take sneaky photos without anyone noticing?

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Knux

You seriously made a topic to complain about this?

Knux

Ralph

I agree, it is mildly annoying. I think you can change it with animal sounds, but that doesn't make it better.

Ralph

LzWinky

I think they should patch it to make camera sounds from older cameras!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CommanderAudio

You should't dedicate a whole thread to a shutter sound. It's mildly annoying, but really, it dosen't make that much of a difference. Shutter sounds aren't exclusive to handheld consoles, you know

P.S The DSi was released in 2008

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

retired_account

It annoys me too, especially when you're taking a pic of your face. If you're taking an outward facing pic, I can understand that, but otherwise it's not necessary.

retired_account

Supereor

@Knux
I made it to see other people's opinions about it, and I do agree, the title of the thread is a pretty good sign of trollism, but that's not honestly how I feel. I'm just a photographic person on whatever handheld I have, and every time I take a picture with my system, a loud noise plays whenever I do, and that's not a good thing, considering I've taken over 729 photos. I'm sorry for any misinterpretations.

This signature is an awful waste of time

Tasuki

Actually I believe in Japan all cell phones and devices have to have the shutter sound due to a law there if they have a built in camera. SO since these are made in Japan they have to have the shutter sound.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

theblackdragon

I don't remember if it's honest-to-goodness law in Japan or not, but the noise is there to protect other people who may not want their pictures taken at the time (a locker room, for example). that noise is there for the protection of anyone else around you, and whether you like it or not, it's going to be there. No way would Nintendo/Sony/whoever remove it or [willingly] allow it to be disabled, not with the popularity of upskirt photos and other skeeziness that would be made all the more prevalent if there were no noise to alert other people to a potential problem. Sorry to disappoint!

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.