General Discussion Forum

Topic: Sony just took a crack at Microsoft too

Showing 41 to 60 of 66

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

41. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

How is this taking a crack at Microsoft? I've seen just as much trash talk on anything that allows voice chat online.

It's subtle, but if you think about it you can put the pieces together.

Three major console manufacturers, two are infamous for the trash talking.

One of those two is the company running the ad. Now they're not going to have a go at themselves, are they?

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OverturePT

42. Posted:

I don't see how this is good marketing, maybe for most kids that usually measure their "d"'s on school this will be fun, but otherwise... meh. Kinda reminds me of Sega back in the old days... wasn't fun or smart then, and it isn't now, but I guess I can see how some people might find it appealing/fun? I guess... It's funnier to me that the people that might find this more amusing are precisely the 13 year old trash talkers, but the ones on Sony's system.

Just my opinion.

Edited on by OverturePT

OverturePT

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

43. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

How is this taking a crack at Microsoft? I've seen just as much trash talk on anything that allows voice chat online.

It's subtle, but if you think about it you can put the pieces together.

Three major console manufacturers, two are infamous for the trash talking.

One of those two is the company running the ad. Now they're not going to have a go at themselves, are they?

Are we still counting SEGA? This isn't even trash talk. This sounds more informational then trash talk if anything.
'Something surprising happened today, more at 10' -local news channel.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

44. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

How is this taking a crack at Microsoft? I've seen just as much trash talk on anything that allows voice chat online.

It's subtle, but if you think about it you can put the pieces together.

Three major console manufacturers, two are infamous for the trash talking.

One of those two is the company running the ad. Now they're not going to have a go at themselves, are they?

Are we still counting SEGA? This isn't even trash talk. This sounds more informational then trash talk if anything.
'Something surprising happened today, more at 10' -local news channel.

Why on earth would we still count SEGA. Does it still make consoles?

And yes, it's trash talk.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

45. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Maybe this is a hint that the PS4 will somehow magically block 13-year old trash talkers.

Hey, I'm interested.

Unless this is what it means, it's a stupid and pointless ad.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

jdarrell

46. Posted:

'Console wars' means more attention for your ads, I'm looking forward to hearing their way of getting rid of online trolls, and I'm sure the anti-nintendo ad has 360 fans wanting to see what games are coming out for ps4.

jdarrell

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

47. Posted:

The UK seems to have become an international hotbed of gamers going wild on society. Last week a British Navy sailor killed his superior officer, which parts of the tabloid media blamed on Grand Theft Auto. Today, a more concretely video game related tale of real life violence comes to us from The Daily Mail.

Mark Bradford, a 46-year old unemployed father of three from Plymouth, Devon, was apparently engaged in some serious Playstation 3 Call of Duty: Black Ops multilplayer with a 13-year old neighbor boy and family acquaintance. Predictably, the boy was pwning the middle-aged man and rubbing it in his face viciously via their chat headsets. Eventually, Bradford lost it. He stomped out of his home and over to the house where the boy was playing and began choking him until the boy's irate mother pulled him off. The choking was bad enough to scratch the boy and redden his neck. Bradford then left the house without saying a word.

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

48. Posted:

Lets just leave trash talk where it belongs(the trash can). This doesn't really doesn't seem that trashy anyways. It's true for all online chat enabled stuff anyway, so I don't really see anyone being targeted, and the Mario comment makes it seem like they like Mario.
No harm done. I liked NSMB.U, too, and apperently so did Sony.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

49. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

The UK seems to have become an international hotbed of gamers going wild on society. Last week a British Navy sailor killed his superior officer, which parts of the tabloid media blamed on Grand Theft Auto. Today, a more concretely video game related tale of real life violence comes to us from The Daily Mail.

Mark Bradford, a 46-year old unemployed father of three from Plymouth, Devon, was apparently engaged in some serious Playstation 3 Call of Duty: Black Ops multilplayer with a 13-year old neighbor boy and family acquaintance. Predictably, the boy was pwning the middle-aged man and rubbing it in his face viciously via their chat headsets. Eventually, Bradford lost it. He stomped out of his home and over to the house where the boy was playing and began choking him until the boy's irate mother pulled him off. The choking was bad enough to scratch the boy and redden his neck. Bradford then left the house without saying a word.

I hardly see how this is relevant.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

50. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

didn't care before, don't care now.

^Why can't more people be like this?

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

51. Posted:

Man, Sony just seems to be on a bashing spree...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Raylax

52. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Maybe this is a hint that the PS4 will somehow magically block 13-year old trash talkers.

Hey, I'm interested.

Online registration will have a validation field masquerading as an anti-spam filter. "Let us check you're a human - Name something the opposite sex has:"
Anyone who answers "cooties", or the microphone picks up as giggling at the word 'sex', gets blocked.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

53. Posted:

"wanna see new cheap copies of other's innovations? follow sony playstation"

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

54. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

"wanna see new cheap copies of other's innovations? follow sony playstation"

I know. At least Nintendo and Microsoft's versions of motion control were completely different. Sony combined both their ideas of a camera and controller into one.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

55. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Maybe this is a hint that the PS4 will somehow magically block 13-year old trash talkers.

Hey, I'm interested.

Online registration will have a validation field masquerading as an anti-spam filter. "Let us check you're a human - Name something the opposite sex has:"
Anyone who answers "cooties", or the microphone picks up as giggling at the word 'sex', gets blocked.

What about if they answer with "boobies"?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

56. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Raylax wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Maybe this is a hint that the PS4 will somehow magically block 13-year old trash talkers.

Hey, I'm interested.

Online registration will have a validation field masquerading as an anti-spam filter. "Let us check you're a human - Name something the opposite sex has:"
Anyone who answers "cooties", or the microphone picks up as giggling at the word 'sex', gets blocked.

What about if they answer with "boobies"?

Or the camera could just scan your face. Or read your voice. I think those would be more reliable.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

57. Posted:

I'm interested, but it better have RIIIIIIIIIDGE RRAAACCCEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

58. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

"wanna see new cheap copies of other's innovations? follow sony playstation"

I know. At least Nintendo and Microsoft's versions of motion control were completely different. Sony combined both their ideas of a camera and controller into one.

Fun Fact: Move was in development for the PS2 (meaning Sony was working on it before anyone outside of Nintendo or Microsoft knew about Wii or Kinect). I remember @Sony_70 even posting a few links on the subject in a past thread (one even had early development footage of Move for PS2, complete with the wand). Sony even beat MS to the punch as far as camera controlled gaming goes, with the EyeToy (sure, it wasn't successful, but it does discredit the theory that they somehow got the idea from MS).

Of course, I'm not going to say Nintendo "copied" them either, as it's highly unlikely that Nintendo has inside knowledge of what goes on inside of Sony or MS. Motion controlled gaming is something that has been attempted and thought about time & time again, and therefore it's reasonable to assume that all major gaming companies were developing ideas, and Nintendo just happened to be the first out of the gate with a success.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

59. Posted:

I'd say they all copy each other quite a bit, but there's no defending which company pulls it off better. PS3 basically had an identity crisis having both camera and controller in one. It is known that focusing on one aspect, sticking with it, and doing the best you can at that, will always be better than trying a little bit of everything all at once.
PSeye was good, but like Sega, they did it too soon without thinking it out to concretion.
I think Sony's gonna be the next Sega, from what they did thos gen. They're gonna show up after Wii U and 'fail', unlike how Dreamcast showed up first then 'failed'.
This is just my speculation...

EDIT analogy:
Sony basically went on a run, but decided to eat halfway through their run. They got side tracked.

Nintendo went to go eat ONLY.

Microsoft went on a run ONLY.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

60. Posted:

I can't shake the feeling myself that one of the big three is going to crash this generation. Of course it's just a gut feeling and I could be dead wrong, but you never know...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64