Forums

Topic: Sonic Lost World

Posts 101 to 120 of 336

SammyOfMobius

What are you guys' thoughts on Sega's news update on Sonic Lost World? Please discuss!

Also, what do you guys think Sonic Lost World will be like on Wii U? What do you guys think Sonic Lost World will be like on 3DS? Also discuss!

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

SheldonRandoms

Since Sonic's going to a world that's lost, maybe, just maybe..............Since Sonic's going to meet new characters, then I hope one of those characters is Ristar.
Untitled

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

MrWalkieTalkie

SCAR392 wrote:

I honestly hope the environments and gameplay areLike, you're not running through levels constantly and instead are exploring areas.

But Sonic is just not meant to be an explorative game. Sonic's special ability is his speed so running quickly through obstacles is his thing. Making him take time to explore here and there kinda just kills the point of making him fast.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Melkaticox

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I honestly hope the environments and gameplay areLike, you're not running through levels constantly and instead are exploring areas.

But Sonic is just not meant to be an explorative game. Sonic's special ability is his speed so running quickly through obstacles is his thing. Making him take time to explore here and there kinda just kills the point of making him fast.

Yup. There's a reason Generations is loved by everyone while Adventure 1/2 are considered to be outdated as hell.

Disney reviews written by Neil Sharpson, voiced by Erik Copper and edited by me on my channel! They're hilarious, I can promise you that.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Melkac/videos

SCRAPPER392

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

They could still have fast paced linear levels. I just think a Sonic game in a relatively big area with obstacles that he use his abilities for to explore would be cool. I'll probably like the game no matter what, being a fan of Sonic since I was 4 and all. I just want to see something new, which they said it would be. They already stated it was a 3D platforming game.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

OptometristLime

SCAR392 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

They could still have fast paced linear levels. I just think a Sonic game in a relatively big area with obstacles that he use his abilities for to explore would be cool. I'll probably like the game no matter what, being a fan of Sonic since I was 4 and all. I just want to see something new, which they said it would be. They already stated it was a 3D platforming game.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle showed off a lot of disparate riffs on action gaming; I actually didn't mind Knuckles' exploration themed levels that much. Sure they were awkwardly designed, maybe even a little boring... but they showed IMO how an agile character could approach a wide open environment.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

SCRAPPER392

OptometristLime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle showed off a lot of disparate riffs on action gaming; I actually didn't mind Knuckles' exploration themed levels that much. Sure they were awkwardly designed, maybe even a little boring... but they showed IMO how an agile character could approach a wide open environment.

Exactly. My idea of how the game MIGHT turn out is Sonic and Tales exploring levels and doing certain tasks as a team in big levels, while still using their abilities that we know they have from past games.
I would think that there will be an overworld map like DK64, then there are levels with multiple goals that use the characters abilities in the form of traditional platforming and such. Sonic being fast, and Tails being able to fly would make the levels bigger than DK64.
Just imagine Sonic in a DK64 type game, but the levels are designed for Sonic and Tails(possible Knuckles) instead, and there's other characters that live in the world that interact with them that live there or whatever.
I think this game will turn out pretty good.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

SammyOfMobius

I wouldn't mind if Sega re-introduced Tiara (from Sonic X-treme) as a love interest for Sonic (since Sonic doesn't really like Amy), and re-introduce Fang, Mighty, and Bean.

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

Knuckles

@ClassicSonicFan The chances of Tiara making an appearance in a mainstream Sonic title are slimmer than Princess Sally showing up.
Nack, maybe since Triple Trouble has been relaunched on the eShop. Mighty, well he was in my own game, Knuckles' Chaotix, and SEGASonic the Hedgehog, and hasn't been seen since(Still miss you Mighty ), and Bean, wasn't he the Green bird from "The Fighters" that looks alot like Jet?

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

SammyOfMobius

Knuckles wrote:

@ClassicSonicFan The chances of Tiara making an appearance in a mainstream Sonic title are slimmer than Princess Sally showing up.
Nack, maybe since Triple Trouble has been relaunched on the eShop. Mighty, well he was in my own game, Knuckles' Chaotix, and SEGASonic the Hedgehog, and hasn't been seen since(Still miss you Mighty ), and Bean, wasn't he the Green bird from "The Fighters" that looks alot like Jet?

Knuckles, why doesn't Sonic have a Nintendo Life profile?

Knuckles

@ClassicSonicFan Your question confuses me. I often jump in and out of "pretending" to be Knuckles, and then I'm just another NL user with the name of Knuckles.

So, if your asking me why Sonic doesn't have one, I have 2 answers.
1) Sonic is on the go to much to sit down and use the Internet, and stopped using moblie browsers after dropping his iPhone while running across the Pacific ocean for the hundredth time.
2. No one has taken the name @Sonic yet, at least I don't think they have.

Edit: Well, it looks like @sonic did come to NL a few years ago when he was in the UK, but forgot the account existed.

Edited on by Knuckles

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

SammyOfMobius

Knuckles wrote:

@ClassicSonicFan Your question confuses me. I often jump in and out of "pretending" to be Knuckles, and then I'm just another NL user with the name of Knuckles.

So, if your asking me why Sonic doesn't have one, I have 2 answers.
1) Sonic is on the go to much to sit down and use the Internet, and stopped using moblie browsers after dropping his iPhone while running across the Pacific ocean for the hundredth time.
2. No one has taken the name @Sonic yet, at least I don't think they have.

Edit: Well, it looks like @sonic did come to NL a few years ago when he was in the UK, but forgot the account existed.

You do know I was kidding, right?

PanicPuppet

Untitled

Sega's little hedgehog has finally grown up.

(Or maybe he just has better posture now; all that spin dashing can't be good for the back.)

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

SCRAPPER392

This game is gonna be legit. I like that Sega has joined Nintendo for some exclusive titles.

Qwest

Captain_Toad

Warning! New Characters Approaching!
Untitled

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

shingi_70

Oh Crap Digimon!

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Yosh

Austroid wrote:

Untitled

Sega's little hedgehog has finally grown up.

(Or maybe he just has better posture now; all that spin dashing can't be good for the back.)

I've seen that model on deviant art a fan made it

Yosh

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3380-1583 | Nintendo Network ID: yoshisaredragons | Twitter:

Yosh

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Since Sonic's going to a world that's lost, maybe, just maybe..............Since Sonic's going to meet new characters, then I hope one of those characters is Ristar.
Untitled

you do know ristar isn't a new character, and he has no place in a sonic game

Yosh

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3380-1583 | Nintendo Network ID: yoshisaredragons | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.