General Discussion Forum

Topic: Sonic Lost World

Showing 101 to 120 of 341

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

101. Posted:

Sonic Lost World will introduce a new gameplay formula, new characters, and new enemies! Hopefully this new gameplay formula plays like the classic Sonic formula, but in a third-person view. In other words, Sonic 2/Sonic 3 gameplay, but as a 3D platformer. That would be awesome! :D I'm glad Sega is deciding to retire the Unleashed gameplay formula; it was growing stale. Can't wait to see what the game plays like! :)

A new creative gameplay twist is highly desired too. Think a twist as creative as the Wisps from Sonic Colors.

New characters? Sweet! A long as they're good characters like Shadow, Blaze, Silver, or Tails are, I'm totally cool with that.

Finally, new enemies. I highly doubt the new enemies won't be epic! I can wait to duke it out in awesome boss fights against Robotnik's newest creations! :D

Overall, this is awesome news. I cannot wait to see a trailer and gameplay of this game. May 29th, please come fast! :D

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

102. Posted:

What are you guys' thoughts on Sega's news update on Sonic Lost World? Please discuss! :)

Also, what do you guys think Sonic Lost World will be like on Wii U? What do you guys think Sonic Lost World will be like on 3DS? Also discuss! :D

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

103. Posted:

Since Sonic's going to a world that's lost, maybe, just maybe..............Since Sonic's going to meet new characters, then I hope one of those characters is Ristar.
Untitled

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

104. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I honestly hope the environments and gameplay areLike, you're not running through levels constantly and instead are exploring areas.

But Sonic is just not meant to be an explorative game. Sonic's special ability is his speed so running quickly through obstacles is his thing. Making him take time to explore here and there kinda just kills the point of making him fast.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Melkaticox

105. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I honestly hope the environments and gameplay areLike, you're not running through levels constantly and instead are exploring areas.

But Sonic is just not meant to be an explorative game. Sonic's special ability is his speed so running quickly through obstacles is his thing. Making him take time to explore here and there kinda just kills the point of making him fast.

Yup. There's a reason Generations is loved by everyone while Adventure 1/2 are considered to be outdated as hell.

Disney reviews written by Neil Sharpson, voiced by Erik Copper and edited by me on my channel! They're hilarious, I can promise you that.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Melkac/videos

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

106. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

They could still have fast paced linear levels. I just think a Sonic game in a relatively big area with obstacles that he use his abilities for to explore would be cool. I'll probably like the game no matter what, being a fan of Sonic since I was 4 and all. I just want to see something new, which they said it would be. They already stated it was a 3D platforming game.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

107. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

They could still have fast paced linear levels. I just think a Sonic game in a relatively big area with obstacles that he use his abilities for to explore would be cool. I'll probably like the game no matter what, being a fan of Sonic since I was 4 and all. I just want to see something new, which they said it would be. They already stated it was a 3D platforming game.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle showed off a lot of disparate riffs on action gaming; I actually didn't mind Knuckles' exploration themed levels that much. Sure they were awkwardly designed, maybe even a little boring... but they showed IMO how an agile character could approach a wide open environment.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

108. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle showed off a lot of disparate riffs on action gaming; I actually didn't mind Knuckles' exploration themed levels that much. Sure they were awkwardly designed, maybe even a little boring... but they showed IMO how an agile character could approach a wide open environment.

Exactly. My idea of how the game MIGHT turn out is Sonic and Tales exploring levels and doing certain tasks as a team in big levels, while still using their abilities that we know they have from past games.
I would think that there will be an overworld map like DK64, then there are levels with multiple goals that use the characters abilities in the form of traditional platforming and such. Sonic being fast, and Tails being able to fly would make the levels bigger than DK64.
Just imagine Sonic in a DK64 type game, but the levels are designed for Sonic and Tails(possible Knuckles) instead, and there's other characters that live in the world that interact with them that live there or whatever.
I think this game will turn out pretty good.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

109. Posted:

I wouldn't mind if Sega re-introduced Tiara (from Sonic X-treme) as a love interest for Sonic (since Sonic doesn't really like Amy), and re-introduce Fang, Mighty, and Bean.

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

110. Posted:

@ClassicSonicFan The chances of Tiara making an appearance in a mainstream Sonic title are slimmer than Princess Sally showing up.
Nack, maybe since Triple Trouble has been relaunched on the eShop. Mighty, well he was in my own game, Knuckles' Chaotix, and SEGASonic the Hedgehog, and hasn't been seen since(Still miss you Mighty :'( ), and Bean, wasn't he the Green bird from "The Fighters" that looks alot like Jet?

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

111. Posted:

@ClassicSonicFan
Sonic does like Amy. She's just... too clingy...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

112. Posted:

Knuckles wrote:

@ClassicSonicFan The chances of Tiara making an appearance in a mainstream Sonic title are slimmer than Princess Sally showing up.
Nack, maybe since Triple Trouble has been relaunched on the eShop. Mighty, well he was in my own game, Knuckles' Chaotix, and SEGASonic the Hedgehog, and hasn't been seen since(Still miss you Mighty :'( ), and Bean, wasn't he the Green bird from "The Fighters" that looks alot like Jet?

Knuckles, why doesn't Sonic have a Nintendo Life profile?

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

113. Posted:

@ClassicSonicFan Your question confuses me. I often jump in and out of "pretending" to be Knuckles, and then I'm just another NL user with the name of Knuckles.

So, if your asking me why Sonic doesn't have one, I have 2 answers.
1) Sonic is on the go to much to sit down and use the Internet, and stopped using moblie browsers after dropping his iPhone while running across the Pacific ocean for the hundredth time.
2. No one has taken the name @Sonic yet, at least I don't think they have.

Edit: Well, it looks like @sonic did come to NL a few years ago when he was in the UK, but forgot the account existed.

Edited on by Knuckles

The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

114. Posted:

Knuckles wrote:

@ClassicSonicFan Your question confuses me. I often jump in and out of "pretending" to be Knuckles, and then I'm just another NL user with the name of Knuckles.

So, if your asking me why Sonic doesn't have one, I have 2 answers.
1) Sonic is on the go to much to sit down and use the Internet, and stopped using moblie browsers after dropping his iPhone while running across the Pacific ocean for the hundredth time.
2. No one has taken the name @Sonic yet, at least I don't think they have.

Edit: Well, it looks like @sonic did come to NL a few years ago when he was in the UK, but forgot the account existed.

You do know I was kidding, right? ;)

AuthorMessage

Austroid

115. Posted:

Untitled

Sega's little hedgehog has finally grown up.

(Or maybe he just has better posture now; all that spin dashing can't be good for the back.)

Edited on by Austroid

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 4
Currently Playing: Sonic Riders (nostalgia overload!)

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

Knuckles

116. Posted:

@ClassicSonicFan I figured you were joking, but I couldn't tell with the words you used. Next time add an emoticon. :)

The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
eShop Gurus

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

117. Posted:

This game is gonna be legit. I like that Sega has joined Nintendo for some exclusive titles.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

118. Posted:

Warning! New Characters Approaching!
Untitled

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

119. Posted:

Oh Crap Digimon!

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

yoshisaredragon

120. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

Untitled

Sega's little hedgehog has finally grown up.

(Or maybe he just has better posture now; all that spin dashing can't be good for the back.)

I've seen that model on deviant art a fan made it

yoshisaredragon

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3380-1583 | Nintendo Network ID: yoshisaredragons | Twitter: yoshisaredragon