General Discussion Forum

Topic: Sonic and the Worst Fandom Ever

Showing 21 to 40 of 59

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

21. Posted:

Machamp_King wrote:

You people may think that Sonic has bad Fanart,but i'm gonna compare it to a Series that has even worse fanart...
Untitled
Untitled

I don't get it, that Gyarados looks pretty good.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

22. Posted:

@Machamp_King - Nobody said that all Sonic fanart is bad. In fact, there's quite a bit of it that I personally enjoy, as you can see by my sig. It's the endless amounts of recolored fan characters and the "disturbing" stuff that gets in the way of the good art that's bad.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

23. Posted:

Spark_Of_Spirit wrote:

There are all kinds of Sonic fans, though. Classic fans, Adventure fans, Modern fans, cartoon fans, comic fans, casual fans, hardcore fans, kids, adults, teenagers, and fans that are a mix of multiple things. It's hard to pin it down to saying things like: "the kid who plays Sonic CD is the equivalent of the guy who made Sonichu."

It's a bit disingenuous.

Yes, there are fans who go overboard, but no more than there are Mario, Pokemon, or Zelda fans that are just as vicious or out there. The Sonic fanbase just became a punching bag because of Shadow, 06 and Sonic's general lapse in popularity a few years ago that people actively seeked to mock it by searching for this stuff. There's even worse Pokemon related stuff out there, but you don't hear about it nearly as much.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's the fanart. I typed in "sonic fanart" on google images, and I know for a fact I can't post half the stuff(rule 34, why must you pollute the Internet with your vulgarity?), the rest was just official art recolored or thrown in with other official art.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

24. Posted:

I can say the same for pretty much any anime, dude. Seriously.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

25. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I can say the same for pretty much any anime, dude. Seriously.

Yes, but the Sonic series seems to have an especially high concentration of it.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

26. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I can say the same for pretty much any anime, dude. Seriously.

Yes, but the Sonic series seems to have an especially high concentration of it.

You obviously haven't looked up Gundam on Pixiv. And I can't blame you for that. There's plenty of Good Fanart, there, but there's also plenty of good Sonic fanart. Most of it, however, is pretty terrible if you aren't looking at the most popular stuff. In fact, most fan art out there is terrible, because they're usually drawn by amatuers who haven't invented their own stuff to draw yet.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

27. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I can say the same for pretty much any anime, dude. Seriously.

Yes, but the Sonic series seems to have an especially high concentration of it.

You obviously haven't looked up Gundam on Pixiv. And I can't blame you for that. There's plenty of Good Fanart, there, but there's also plenty of good Sonic fanart. Most of it, however, is pretty terrible if you aren't looking at the most popular stuff. In fact, most fan art out there is terrible, because they're usually drawn by amatuers who haven't invented their own stuff to draw yet.

Right. I wasn't saying there isn't any good Sonic fanart (in fact, I have some good examples in my sig), it just seems to get eclipsed by the bad. I'm sure that many other series suffer from this as well, though.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LightSuitGuy

28. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

most fan art out there is terrible, because they're usually drawn by amatuers who haven't invented their own stuff to draw yet.

To be fair everyone starts out as an amatuer. No one can just start out drawing Mona Lisas or The Creation of Adam.
(I personally hate the good fanart of things I like, because it makes me jealous; those people and their fancy photoshop and/or paint tool sai; all I got is an old-fashion drawing pad.)

But then there's that disturbing truth I found out from somewhere; that no matter what name you type in before "the hedgehog" on google images, there's ALWAYS a fancharacter with that name. Try it if you dare...

Edited on by LightSuitGuy

NL's biggest Jar Jar Binks fan! (probably)
Does Duck Hunt really need a wiki?
Currently playing: (Wii U) Smash Bros. 4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

29. Posted:

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why Sonic's fanbase seems to be worse than that of so many other series and attract so many crazy people? I've always wondered that.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

30. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

most fan art out there is terrible, because they're usually drawn by amatuers who haven't invented their own stuff to draw yet.

To be fair everyone starts out as an amatuer. No one can just start out drawing Mona Lisas or The Creation of Adam.
(I personally hate the good fanart of things I like, because it makes me jealous; those people and their fancy photoshop and/or paint tool sai; all I got is an old-fashion drawing pad.)

I know that. I'm one of those amatuers, though I don't do much fan art because...I just just don't like doing it. I was mearly implying that people tend to focus more on their own stuff once they get good enough. Hence why there isn't as much good fan art.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

31. Posted:

@CM30 - Try reading the article I posted on the first page. It explains a lot of why the Sonic fanbase is so fractured. :)

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SheldonRandoms

32. Posted:

Untitled

I'M NOT SONIC, I'M MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER, BLONIC!

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND SOMEBODY HE KNOWS, ZIGGURAT!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrimsonFire

33. Posted:

Well Sonic games have been getting better.Sonic Colors and Generations were both great and fun.Even Sonic Unleashed if you can stand the werehog levels.Personally i stopped playing unleashed because i didnt want to go though the werehog levels.However if you could like my brother; he really enjoyed it.
I am hopeful the sonic games will remain good in the future.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

34. Posted:

Untitled

...and the worst part is the driver was a fan :O

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

35. Posted:

@LZ - Wait, how did you change your name so fast? It was @spicyLZwings earlier.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

36. Posted:

Well I am fast like Sonic the Hedgehog :)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Syntax

37. Posted:

Well Captcap6 summarized all things sonic(06-09) and his fanbase in this video
http://m.youtube.com/#/user/captpan6?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser...

I play old and unusually unique games to get away from boring reality.
This makes 95% of games who's main gimmicks are hyper realism ~boring~ to me.

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3045-2190 | Nintendo Network ID: Syntax_U

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iwanttodie

38. Posted:

Genwunners. Your argument is invalid.

(Don't say a word LZ)

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LightSuitGuy

39. Posted:

Untitled

I'm still waiting Sega.

He's arguably your best bet for a sucessful spin-off.

Edited on by LightSuitGuy

NL's biggest Jar Jar Binks fan! (probably)
Does Duck Hunt really need a wiki?
Currently playing: (Wii U) Smash Bros. 4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

40. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

@LZ - Wait, how did you change your name so fast? It was @spicyLZwings earlier.

TBD did it.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!