Forums

Topic: Should all handhelds in future have a cell phone built in?

Posts 61 to 73 of 73

TeeJay

No way. Keep your phone service on your phones. I don't want phone service on my 3DS. That's what my phone is for.

And I also think iPad's are completely rediculous. iPhones, sure, but iPads?! Oversized iPhones that aren't nearly as portable...

What's next, the iTable? iHouse?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

jaffa

No thanks I don't want to look like an idiot standing there talking into my 4DS
although maybe Sony might consider this.

jaffa

Chris720

If it happens:

Microsoft will make it.
Sony will copy and add new crap.
Nintendo will continue with just the handheld and pass them both again completely.
Apple will laugh at their fails.
Nintendo will buy Apple out and create the Ninendo3DS+
Sony will copy again
Microsoft will be gob smacked and will leave the gaming industry.
Sony will follow
Nintendo buys the world and turns it into NintyEarth.

I wish...

3DS+ specs: Now with a 3D projector, 360+ graphics, backwards compatible with every single game ever made, motion controls with the 3D projector, download PC games from your computer and play them directly on your 3DS+, always online via NintyServs worldwide, voice chat, bluetooth, customizable web browser and can transform into a hover car!

And no on Phone gaming. Remember the N-Gage? That was not cool...

@TBD sorry about that

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

OldBoy

I want @Magi's phone!! . Sounds awesome dude.
Anyhow barring that I'm not really a fan of gaming mobiles.Yes,the new Sony one looks like it could be the best yet as it at least has proper buttons and sticks (well sort of!) and the might of the Sony gaming division. But still, I kinda like my devices seperate. My phone goes every where with me and gets dropped and abused a lot! which is why I only have a cack phone but I take great care of my DS and will do the same with the 3DS. I always have a backpack with me or I'm in the car and these things aren't exactly heavy so I prefer to keep things seperate personally.I have no problem with the concept though and maybe one day one will tempt me (it won't be the iphone though,god do I get sick of hearing people go on and on about them at work, yes there good but its not bloody life changing ,Jeez! )

What's this bit for again?

Macaronius

Although I would advise against it, it's most likely an inevitability.

*Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
all the way to Dublin, Whack follol de rah!*

BlackShyGuy

Hm... I think that as long as Nintendo remembers that gaming comes first, it wont be a big deal, I mean I think that maybe phones and the 3DS isnt that different to begin with. Now I dont know a lot about phones but pictochat is kinda like texting only better (drawing ect). It has a touchscreen like a lot of phones nowadays consider a staple. Wifi, camera, can put in a sd card, play music (i think) hell it can even browse the internet. So to me its already like a smartphone only better. So I say to Nintendo what the hell, go for it. All they need is to give phone numbers and a data plan. Lol actually now that I think about it I can imagine how popular the phones potential could be. Like I said earlier, I dont know much about phones but it sounds cool. It will be called... the Nintenphone! lol.

Edited on by BlackShyGuy

Currently playing: Tales of Symhonia (again), Tales of the Abyss 3DS, Fire Emlblem Fates, Majora's Mask 3D and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
3DS Friend Code: 0275-1505-4148
Add me? I need Some Friends
Nintendo ID: XLeZekeX
Twitter: @XLeZekeX

irken004

Built in cell phone? No.

Built in cellular online communication? Yes.

Basically, they should have online capabilities that use cell phone range. Essentially a huge wireless "hotspot"

Geraldine

"you want a dedicated cell phone, it'd be better to buy one specifically for doing so. Likewise, you want a proper gaming handheld then you stick with Nintendo's." Agree with your words.

Now it has many cell phone accessories, include Cell Phone Repair Parts and so on.

Edited on by Geraldine

Geraldine

jaffa

hmmm depends on how big the handheld is but personally I don't think so

also welcome to NLife Geraldine =]

jaffa

jwl

My primary gaming device is already my iPhone, but I don't think I will get a 3DS or PSP thingy even if they included phone functionality as well.
But from a commercial point, I can see they really have some competetion there. The iPhone is not even marketed or made for gaming, but it has still taken quite a bit of the total handheld gaming market.

Bass_X0

are people more welcoming of cell phones crossing over with handhelds now?

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

LaserdiscGal

Back to the dead with you zombie scum!

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.