Forums

Topic: Sega Sammy buys Atlus for 141 million dollars American...

Posts 21 to 40 of 42

MAB

Sony_70 wrote:

Dreamcast 2 with a launch line up of Yakuza, Sonic, Persona 5, Phantasy Star Online, and Football manager.

With online Virtua Fighter 6, Daytona, Sega Rally & Virtual On... Launch lineup to end all launch lineups

MAB

Flynn

......So, Sega......uhm, lets remember what localization is. OK? Please?

"Hi. I'm not a demon."
—Stephen

Top 5 RPGs I've played:
1.)SMT 4
2.)FE:A
3.)Persona 2
4.)Devil survivor 2
5.)Chrono trigger

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2091-7769 | Nintendo Network ID: Linkmaster1994

Wheeler

What!? No, Sega better localize the main SMT series (don't care about the spin-offs and yes that includes Persona) as well as Atlus other IP games.

Wheeler

CanisWolfred

Damnit damnit damnit damnit damnit DAMNIT!!!! Why Sega?! I mean, it's better than getting picked up by a console maker, but Sega's going PC-focused with everything but Sonic, they suck at localization, and quite honestly Sega of America sucks at advertising niche products. They better not mess with their business structure or things will go straight to hell...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CrazyOtto

My thoughts on this are indifferent at the moment, I'll have to wait and see how things go.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

LzWinky

Sony_70 wrote:

Memeboy3 wrote:

NO!! WHY?!?!? NO!!!!!!
PERSONA, SMT, THEY Will NEVER get localized and they will die like shining force and be dumped like Bayonetta!!!
Nintendo should buy Sammy...Yay!
But in all seriousness though...WHY?! The main reason why Bayonetta 2 was dropped was because of..''fianancecial'' issues! and SMT...it's probrobly japan only.

Bayonetta was dropped because Platnium makes nothing but bombas (evidenced by 101 Flopping). Sega is actually in a good place making a good amount from PC games and going hard into a few marquee retail releases followed up by digital content.

But the first Bayonetta sold about 1 million. How is this a bomb?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Snagrio

The real question is, what does this mean for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem's future?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

KarrotMan

So potentially we'll be having Megami Tensei Pachislot machines, dozens of Persona freemium mobile games, and what may be an online social Etrian Odyssey with trading cards? What's not to like?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

CanisWolfred

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Memeboy3 wrote:

NO!! WHY?!?!? NO!!!!!!
PERSONA, SMT, THEY Will NEVER get localized and they will die like shining force and be dumped like Bayonetta!!!
But in all seriousness though...WHY?! The main reason why Bayonetta 2 was dropped was because of..''fianancecial'' issues! and SMT...it's probrobly japan only.

Bayonetta was dropped because Platnium makes nothing but bombas (evidenced by 101 Flopping). Sega is actually in a good place making a good amount from PC games and going hard into a few marquee retail releases followed up by digital content.

Because Sega is terrible with money. Another reason why I'm worried about this...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Fox

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@ogo79 Yeah and even though I hate phone games I can only hope that those iFools give SEGS all their cash... Whatever is necessary to bring us closer to the rebirth of Dreamcast 2

Oh, I'd love to see Sega try and reenter the console realm. Things to look forward to with the Dreamcast 2: sneaking the system into stores without telling anyone, releasing half a dozen poorly supported add-ons and keeping 3/4 of their best games in Japan only. Sega's business acumen is fantastic!

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

LzWinky

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because Sega is terrible with money. Another reason why I'm worried about this...

Uh oh. Well RIP Atlus

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ShinRPGGamer

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Memeboy3 wrote:

NO!! WHY?!?!? NO!!!!!!

Tomb Raider sold 4 million in 3 weeks and that was a bomb. Put that into perspective.

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

LzWinky

Oh noes! 4 million is a bomb! I guess Squeenix lost billions of dollars from the game

CanisWolfred

Apparently S-E went into the red solely because of the western market, when they released Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Hitman Absolution in the same quarter, all of which sold millions worldwide, and still all 3 underformed. Not surprisingly, Square-Enix had to restructure the entire company after that...

Source

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

No no no Squeenix, just no. If they failed to "meet expectations" and still sell millions of copies AND had to restructure, there is something wrong with the company, not the NA "ineffective" market. That's just poor management.

CanisWolfred

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

No no no Squeenix, just no. If they failed to "meet expectations" and still sell millions of copies AND had to restructure, there is something wrong with the company, not the NA "ineffective" market. That's just poor management.

Hence why they restructured. That was pretty much why they fired their president, remember?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

CanisWolfred wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Hence why they restructured. That was pretty much why they fired their president, remember?

Touche

GuSolarFlare

ogo79 wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

YES! SEGA is taking more steps towards world domination once again... (Pops cork on champagne)
Untitled

it was a matter of time my friend

and then Sega does what Nintedon't once again...
on another note I hope they leave atlus as it was before......

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

RancidVomit86

To all the people who disapprove of this purchase: Let's withhold judgement until their plans become transparent. It's literally been one day.

To all the people who approve of this purchase: Let's withhold judgement until their plans become transparent. It's literally been one day.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

moomoo

This is... not what I would have wanted. SEGA isn't exactly the best business out there, and their philosophy really doesn't mesh well at all with Atlus. Those day one automatic collector's edition stuff won't be a thing anymore. But even worse, this could basically just get rid of the chance of any more Atlus games coming outside of Japan. You know how SEGA loves to keep nearly all of their stuff in Japan. And with SEGA releasing nearly all of their games on PC or phones, this isn't exactly something I would have wanted. That's without mentioning SEGA's crappy western advertising for anything somewhat niche (I'm looking at you, Valkyria Chronicles).

Hopefully, SEGA's just using Atlus to make better localizations on their games and to keep pumping out the IPs they just acquired.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.