Forums

Topic: Sega Sammy buys Atlus for 141 million dollars American...

Posts 1 to 20 of 42

ShinRPGGamer

...and now we can anticipate the announcement of Persona 5 being Japan only.

In all seriousness, now the only hope that remains is that Sega Sammy keeps Atlus and Sega separate because if not...

On the other hand it might mean localization incidents like VC3 won't happen anymore but the glass half empty from this POV.

Let the Atlus farewells begin.

http://www.destructoid.com/sega-buying-atlus-parent-company-i...

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

Sleepingmudkip

Omg no no no....by i have to buy a japanese 3ds now

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Its probably the best case for all systems. If one of the big three owned it a lot of fans would get mad! I also hope they let Atlus keep doing what they're doing. As they have done me no wrong!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MAB

YES! SEGA is taking more steps towards world domination once again... (Pops cork on champagne)
Untitled

MAB

shingi_70

This makes Sega the most well rounded publisher of the three. They now dabble in RPGS, Normal sonic stuff, and PC RTS games.

Really hopes this means we see a proper Phantasy Star game from one of Atlus Studios.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Its probably the best case for all systems. If one of the big three owned it a lot of fans would get mad! I also hope they let Atlus keep doing what they're doing. As they have done me no wrong!

They said something about restructuring the company. Take that as you will

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

They said something about restructuring the company. Take that as you will

I took that as ripping apart index and integrating Atlus into Sega.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

KittenKoder

Sony_70 wrote:

This makes Sega the most well rounded publisher of the three. They now dabble in RPGS, Normal sonic stuff, and PC RTS games.

Really hopes this means we see a proper Phantasy Star game from one of Atlus Studios.

That would be cool. I like the Phantasy Star games, number 2 is still my all time favorite but the look and feel of the universe is enough to keep me going with the others.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

According to Nikkei, Sega is wanting Atlus to focus on creating smartphone titles. D: Dear lord i hope thats just a stupid rumour

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

Emblem

This could be good or bad. My main worry is localisation.

Emblem

ogo79

MadAussieBloke wrote:

YES! SEGA is taking more steps towards world domination once again... (Pops cork on champagne)
Untitled

it was a matter of time my friend

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

RevolverLink

CorporalPegasus wrote:

According to Nikkei, Sega is wanting Atlus to focus on creating smartphone titles. D: Dear lord i hope thats just a stupid rumour

If that's truly Sega's plan for Atlus, a little piece of my soul just withered and died.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

unrandomsam

CorporalPegasus wrote:

Arcade and PC as well. (Which will mean they are pretty much identical).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

MAB

@ogo79 Yeah and even though I hate phone games I can only hope that those iFools give SEGS all their cash... Whatever is necessary to bring us closer to the rebirth of Dreamcast 2

MAB

Spoony_Tech

RevolverLink wrote:

CorporalPegasus wrote:

If that's truly Sega's plan for Atlus, a little piece of my soul just withered and died.

Say it ain't so Sega. Say it ain't so!! They will become my most hated company!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

Dreamcast 2 with a launch line up of Yakuza, Sonic, Persona 5, Phantasy Star Online, and Football manager.

WAT!

Memeboy3

NO!! WHY?!?!? NO!!!!!!
PERSONA, SMT, THEY Will NEVER get localized and they will die like shining force and be dumped like Bayonetta!!!
Nintendo should buy Sammy...Yay!
But in all seriousness though...WHY?! The main reason why Bayonetta 2 was dropped was because of..''fianancecial'' issues! and SMT...it's probrobly japan only.

S'up
I love Anime and Wii U and 3DS games with Barry and Ross.
And Im playing Super Mario 3D World, KI:U, Colors, etc
My friend code:
3711- 7655 - 4325
My Nintendo network ID :Pokelover10

shingi_70

Memeboy3 wrote:

NO!! WHY?!?!? NO!!!!!!
PERSONA, SMT, THEY Will NEVER get localized and they will die like shining force and be dumped like Bayonetta!!!
Nintendo should buy Sammy...Yay!
But in all seriousness though...WHY?! The main reason why Bayonetta 2 was dropped was because of..''fianancecial'' issues! and SMT...it's probrobly japan only.

Bayonetta was dropped because Platnium makes nothing but bombas (evidenced by 101 Flopping). Sega is actually in a good place making a good amount from PC games and going hard into a few marquee retail releases followed up by digital content.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.