Forums

Topic: Secret Santa program

Posts 21 to 35 of 35

Machu

I'm already looking at which family members I can safely remove from the present list, adding a bunch of strangers to it isn't about to happen, soz. I'll just spend the points on myself yeah. Ho Ho Ho.

Good luck with this, though, for a bunch of virtual folk in a virtual room, whats wrong with exchanging virtual presents?

Rawr!

megaboomface2

my games also i live in the us ill get my fc later
nes
final fantasy
super mario bros 3
kid Icarus
galaga
new system:sms
sonic
new system:md[mega drive]
golden axe 3
streets of rage [segas true mascot f*** sonic]
new system:neo geo
metal slug
new system:snes
donkey kong country [another great game my fav snes game]
harvest moon[n64 is the better version]
secret of mana [worst snes but not worse game ever]
mario rpg[great game]
new system:n64
kirby 64[best kirby .......EVER]
mario kart 64[best racer ....EVER]
mario golf 64 [BEST GOLF .....EVER]
super mario 64 [best mario ....EVER]
wave race 64
star fox 64
pokemon snap
pokemon puzzle league
new system:wiiware
toki tori [start off with a good one]
pokemon craple[rumble][it sucks]
art style cubello[i thought this was crap]
crystal defenders [1 and 2]
cue sports [good for 500 with online]
defend your castle[good ....at first]
water warfare [online play]
excite bike [great luv the 1st]
the after years [great wii rpg][glad not multi]
incoming
happy holidays[both versions]
hockey all star suckout [shootout
my pokemon ranch
my aquarium
my zoo
my dolphin
word searcher

Edited on by megaboomface2

[anomalous[i know spelled wrong] member] so feenie bet you never got lucky in chat
[feenie] ya
[tbd] green gabe
[feenie] yup i almost drowned in the shower afterwards

TwilightV

To make it easier, we could do this:

*List a game we want (one for each point price for both VC and WW).

*Register everyone who's participating (to keep it secret).

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

megaboomface2

that is great [and easy]
so.......
800 super metroid
1200 tetris party
1500 my life as a king
or anything above a 7 or 7 but i would luv those

[anomalous[i know spelled wrong] member] so feenie bet you never got lucky in chat
[feenie] ya
[tbd] green gabe

Starkiller

Vendetta wrote:

Wow, how did I not notice they said that a million times? Anyway the feeling's mutual. I'll be sticking out of this one.

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

Adamant

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I wouldn't even be worried about people intentionally sending crap games, but just games THEY like that I wouldn't.

Uh, yeah, that kind of comes with the concept.The same is the case with real-life Christmas presents. If you want a guarantee you get want you want, don't participate and spend the money on yourself. Wish lists are stupid too, for the same reason. If you want specific items, go buy those specific items, don't sign up for a gift exchange program and make demands on what people give you.

Otherwise, yeah, it's a fun idea, and I suggest all the Americans and all the Europeans participating register each other to keep the Santa truly secret. Then everyone posts all the games they have, so they don't end up being gifted those. It should work.

Adamant

Vendetta

Just chiming in here again... If you want to participate (making the huge assumption here that this will take off), then listing all the games you have is waste of time. The Shop Channel checks to see if the recipient has the title you are attempting to send. If they have it, you can't send it.

Still... "I've got a bad feeling ab..." Oh, never mind.

Vendetta

megaboomface2

Vendetta wrote:

Just chiming in here again... If you want to participate (making the huge assumption here that this will take off), then listing all the games you have is waste of time. The Shop Channel checks to see if the recipient has the title you are attempting to send. If they have it, you can't send it.

Still... "I've got a bad feeling ab..." Oh, never mind.

ya that why i stop i listed less then 50 games i got 2 sds and over 40 vc and 20 wiiware

Edited on by megaboomface2

[feenie] ya
[tbd] green gabe

CanisWolfred

I would love to do this, but I'm already doing it in another forum(that's done it for years and already has all the rules worked out). Perhaps I'll do it next year, if I still have a Wii by then.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

zezhyrule

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I wouldn't even be worried about people intentionally sending crap games, but just games THEY like that I wouldn't. Like NES Final Fantasy. I like my PSP verison, thanks.

Oh man, that was the game I was going to do. oh well. Guess I'm not participating.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Adamant

Vendetta wrote:

People may not want duplicates of games they own on cart, though.

Adamant

Vendetta

Good point, and yet another factor to consider.

Ok, who's gonna build the database?

Vendetta

jpfan1989

sounds good i guess. i'm in

3DS:: 1805 2437 5220
Nintendo Network ID PhoenixFalconer

Stuffgamer1

Okay, forget the wish list idea. It's at least good to know that you can't gift something someone already has, though the "has in other format" thing is an issue. We could split the difference and have people list only games they already have in an alternate format (and don't want for download). I can make it simple in one way: Gift me nothing that's on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. Also no Golden Axe Arcade (have on 360) or Gunstar Heroes (have on PS3).

I previously mentioned Final Fantasy, DKC (all three), Mario World, and Link to the Past. Add to that Donkey Kong, Balloon Fight, Mega Man (have Anniversary Collection on PS2), all Super Mario Bros. games, Mario Bros. (the original...as if someone would gift that anyway)

I THINK that's all the restrictions I need, specific title-wise. I would at least request no fighting games, please. I could probably handle giving just about anything else a try, but not those.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.